Christ83189 back in it

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Just keep on keepin’ on brotha! Those stats are still impressive to me... those are my goals so to speak. I can toss around big weight on the bench, but I really want to do three plates on bench one day for a set of 8 reps. #goals But just doing what you move on squats and front squats is a good enough goal for me for now!
Bench was always my hardest lift to gain on. Squat and deads ive always been naturally pretty strong at conpared to most people. I love squats and deadlifts. But a year and a half ago i finally got to where i could rep 3 plates on bench and was super stoked about it cause it took years and years and years of trying to finally hit 300 on bench. My starting bench numbers this time around are actually better than where i had been plateaued for forever though so im happy with that

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bench was always my hardest lift to gain on. Squat and deads ive always been naturally pretty strong at conpared to most people. I love squats and deadlifts. But a year and a half ago i finally got to where i could rep 3 plates on bench and was super stoked about it cause it took years and years and years of trying to finally hit 300 on bench. My starting bench numbers this time around are actually better than where i had been plateaued for forever though so im happy with that
Sounds like we should enter a team powerlifting comp! You dead and squat, I’ll bench!

Seriously tho, keep it up.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
30 min warmup bike

Db shoulder press

55'sx8x2
60'sx5
60'sx8
55'sx8

Barbell shoulder press

45x10
95x5
135x5
155x1 (+2 push press)

Db lateral raise superset with db front raise

25x10x3
20x10x3

Barbell upright row superset with db shrugs

95x10x3
60'sx12x3

Rear fly superset with machine OHP

95x10
125x10
110x10

95X10X3

Yep my shoulders are smoked. Thats it for me today

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
30 min bike

Deads
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x2
315x5x3

Lat pulldown ss with cable row

125x10x3
125x10x3

Hs iso high and low row superset
2pps x10x3
2ppsx10x3

Ez bar curls

65x21'sx3

Hammer curls
35'sx10x3

Ran out of time good night yall

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Gonna smash arms out tonight. Then maybe take a rest day and then find my maxes and start a structured strength training program to maximize my gains. I want my strength back

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gonna smash arms out tonight. Then maybe take a rest day and then find my maxes and start a structured strength training program to maximize my gains. I want my strength back

I incorporate progressive load in all my different workouts. only way to know when it's time for a break. (Diminishing returns).
I'm an old school log book guy. My daughter does it on her phone.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I incorporate progressive load in all my different workouts. only way to know when it's time for a break. (Diminishing returns).
I'm an old school log book guy. My daughter does it on her phone.
Im thinking im gonna do 5/3/1. Since that was what i was doing last year when i smashed my plateaus and hit 365 on bench and 515 on deads. That system seems to work well for me so im gonna get my maxes figured out and do a more structured program instead of just showing up and smashing weights. Not that theres anything wrong with just smashing weights of course

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Today my wife is forcing me to take a rest day...

A guy at work today accused me of being on steroids... Which is funny cause i havent even started my cycle yet lol i took it as a compliment

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im thinking im gonna do 5/3/1. Since that was what i was doing last year when i smashed my plateaus and hit 365 on bench and 515 on deads. That system seems to work well for me so im gonna get my maxes figured out and do a more structured program instead of just showing up and smashing weights. Not that theres anything wrong with just smashing weights of course
loved 5/3/1! joints just got too worn out to lift big ass weight. its depressing but I kind of enjoy finding lifts and different variances of lifts That work with all my past and current injuries.. The guys on this forum have helped a lot. As well as Jeff Cavaliere. wish I knew this stuff 30 years ago.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Bench max day!

30 min bike

Bench
135x8
185x5
225x1
245x1
275x1
285x1
225x3
205x4x3

Had a little left in the tank to go up but decided to stop there so thats where im gonna be basing my working sets off of for the next few months.

Incline bench. One of my goals is to bring my incline bench up to somewhere close to my flat bench. My incline has always been pretty pathetic so its something im working on.
135x8
155x5
175x5
185x3

Cgbp ss/ skullcrushers
135x3x8
75x10x3

Incline db fly ss/ tricep extension
35'sx10x3
60x10x3

Thats it for me. Workout felt good. Bench didnt go as heavy as i would have liked but theres plenty of time for improvement

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench max day!

30 min bike

Bench
135x8
185x5
225x1
245x1
275x1
285x1
225x3
205x4x3

Had a little left in the tank to go up but decided to stop there so thats where im gonna be basing my working sets off of for the next few months.

Incline bench. One of my goals is to bring my incline bench up to somewhere close to my flat bench. My incline has always been pretty pathetic so its something im working on.
135x8
155x5
175x5
185x3

Cgbp ss/ skullcrushers
135x3x8
75x10x3

Incline db fly ss/ tricep extension
35'sx10x3
60x10x3

Thats it for me. Workout felt good. Bench didnt go as heavy as i would have liked but theres plenty of time for improvement
Nice work

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is anyone in here making gains without me knowing?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He’s about to get all of the gains.
Sh1t, we have to do something! You distract him with pics of donuts, in the meanwhile I sneak some laxative in his whey shake.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Squats today. Gonna see how heavy i can make it. Stay tuned!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
This just went up. Gonna stop there. 365 for my max for my working sets the next few months. Excited to see how heavy i can get. Always wanted to break 500.
20180303_115727-1.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This just went up. Gonna stop there. 365 for my max for my working sets the next few months. Excited to see how heavy i can get. Always wanted to break 500. View attachment 161220
With that weight, any laxative suppository would fly right out. :)

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking im gonna shoot for doing a powerlifting meet sometime late this year or next year

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I’ll be there in June for work, mostly gonna be in Boise. I so want to swing by bodybuilding.com’s HQ and see what’s up.
Bodybuilding.com is based in idaho? I didnt know that. What kind of work you do? I live in post falls. Right between spokane washington and coeur d alene idaho. Im like 2 minutes away from the washington/idaho state line

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man, kinda crazy huh? You’d think like Miami or LA. But yeah, they have a super nice HQ, and of course a gym and cafeteria in there as well.

I work in government contracting. Get to travel a lot and go to cool places a couple of times a year. Never been to Idaho... made it to Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Cali, Oregon and Washington, but never to Idaho so I’m pumped.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man, kinda crazy huh? You’d think like Miami or LA. But yeah, they have a super nice HQ, and of course a gym and cafeteria in there as well.

I work in government contracting. Get to travel a lot and go to cool places a couple of times a year. Never been to Idaho... made it to Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Cali, Oregon and Washington, but never to Idaho so I’m pumped.
Well june is the right time of year to go to idaho for sure. Idaho sucks during the winter. I ask myself every year why i live here lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gotta have a turbo’d sled in Idaho! I lived in Driggs for a while, absolute Heaven. The Tetons are amazing.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Gotta have a turbo’d sled in Idaho! I lived in Driggs for a while, absolute Heaven. The Tetons are amazing.
Yeah only problem there is i dont have enough money for stuff like that lol i used to snowboard and stuff but nowadays all i got time for is work, family, and lifting

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah only problem there is i dont have enough money for stuff like that lol i used to snowboard and stuff but nowadays all i got time for is work, family, and lifting
I hear ya there. In the same boat now: work, family, lift, repeat. Toys went out with my bachelor life lol. But wouldn’t trade it for a thing.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya there. In the same boat now: work, family, lift, repeat. Toys went out with my bachelor life lol. But wouldn’t trade it for a thing.
Lol! Sounds like we are all in the same boat! The only “toy” I have now is our pickup truck. I was able to parlay my Tacoma into a Tundra once we had the kiddo. But it’s also the family vehicle, so my backseat is constantly filled with pacifiers and baby stuff lol!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol! Sounds like we are all in the same boat! The only “toy” I have now is our pickup truck. I was able to parlay my Tacoma into a Tundra once we had the kiddo. But it’s also the family vehicle, so my backseat is constantly filled with pacifiers and baby stuff lol!
I hear ya. But I put out the extra money for the wife to get a Town and Country to keep my Silverado clean, but it dont work. Lol

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya. But I put out the extra money for the wife to get a Town and Country to keep my Silverado clean, but it dont work. Lol
LOL! Keeping the whole truck clean thing became a constant stressor... I ended up just letting it go. Hoping to get the seats reupholstered in a few years. So I guess I got something to look forward to!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL! Keeping the whole truck clean thing became a constant stressor... I ended up just letting it go. Hoping to get the seats reupholstered in a few years. So I guess I got something to look forward to!
On the way home the other day got the youngest and her friend icecream from where her sister works. My youngest friend dumped icecream all over my backseat. Luckily my wife was with me and kept me calm

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing sacred when it comes to the little minions. I’m not buying nice things for the next 15 years lol.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Last nights squat session-

Back squat
135x5
225x5
275x1
315x1
335x1
365x1
315x3
275x3
225x3 paused

Leg press focusing on quads ss/ calf raise
2ppsx10 (both)
3ppsx10 (both)
4ppsx10 (both)

Leg curl ss/ leg extension

155x10x3 (both)

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Standing shoulder press

45x10
95x5
115x1
135x1
165x1
175x1
185x1 (1rm, barely got this one up lol)
135x5
135x4
135x5

Bb front raise ss/ bb upright row
45x10x3/45x10x3

Rear delt fly ss/ db shrugs

80x15
110x10
110x12

70'sx10
75'sx10
75'sx12

Db lateral raise ss/ db shoulder press

20'sx10x3
50'sx8
50'sx10
50'sx8

My shoulders were smoked at the end of that... My bike i warm up on was taken so instead of starting with 30 min bike im finishing up with 30 min bike. Then its off to church! Stoked i hit 185 on OHP i was expecting to have lost more than that

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Deads tomorrow morning! Switching up my training schedule for the fam. My wife has been complaining about me spending so much time at the gym after work so to appease her im going to be hitting the gym approximately 4am lol. Gonna give this schedule a little test run and see how it works for me. Not excited but its not the first time ive had to lift crazy hours just to get it in

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deads tomorrow morning! Switching up my training schedule for the fam. My wife has been complaining about me spending so much time at the gym after work so to appease her im going to be hitting the gym approximately 4am lol. Gonna give this schedule a little test run and see how it works for me. Not excited but its not the first time ive had to lift crazy hours just to get it in
Good luck. I cant do AM workouts. just don't work for me. Thank God my wife goes to the gym with me.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Good luck. I cant do AM workouts. just don't work for me. Thank God my wife goes to the gym with me.
Yeah i prefer afternoon workouts but once i get up and running in the morning it usually goes alright