Chest Training Suggestions

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Want your guys' opinions on developing a thicker/fuller chest. I'm now 3 weeks in my prep for a physique contest this coming November and my shoulders and back are blowing up from John Meadows' "Mountain Dog Training." His program is legit and its possibly the best program I've ever used for shoulders and back.

Want your opinions of a suggested workout routine for chest as I'm just got getting the thickness to my chest I want. It's always been a weaker body part on me compared to my back. Appreciate it guys.

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
JM is the man!! But one thing I found to work for my chest as well as all other body parts is mimicking the loaded stretching protocol done in Dr. Jacob Wilson's study. For chest you can do it with Db flys or presses by doing 10 reps then holding the weight in a stretched position for 30 seconds then drop the weight and repeat 2 more times. Do this at the end of a workout after you already have a pump. Very painful but big rewards. Be careful not to stretch too far. Goodluck in your show!

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Thank you boss. I think ill add these in for my chest workout days.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I started doing DB flys and at the top of the fly turn your wrists clockwise and it helps develope your pecs more.

KidIcarus

KidIcarus

Awards
For chest, I start out really heavy with either bench press of incline press and do about 3-4 sets, with the last set being a double drop set. I then do another 6-8 sets of bench press varying the angle with higher reps. Then I switch to dumbbells or cables and do a couple sets of constant tension work, like doing 8-12 reps of flyes and then immediately going into presses to failure. Lately, I've been supersetting Pec-Dec 8-12 reps with Dips to failure. Another thing I like to do is Incline Cable Flyes, followed by push-ups to failure. Svend press with high reps also pumps up the pecs pretty good.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Ive noticed super setting does wonders for my physique