Chest growth plateau

ironspyder

ironspyder

Awards
Need some advice on ways to get my Chest to grow more, strength is still going up, body fat is going down, and after I did measurements 3 weeks ago I've not noticed any more growth in chest only. I've tried hypertrophy, negatives, pulses the works. Please help before I lose my mind.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uhh...how much growth were you honestly expecting in 3 weeks?

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Need some advice on ways to get my Chest to grow more, strength is still going up, body fat is going down, and after I did measurements 3 weeks ago I've not noticed any more growth in chest only. I've tried hypertrophy, negatives, pulses the works. Please help before I lose my mind.
Uhh...how much growth were you honestly expecting in 3 weeks?
^^ this. Made me chuckle

OP gains are slow and pain staking 3 weeks is a drop of water in an ocean.
Really?? 3 weeks is nothing!! as he said it's a drop of water in an ocean... sometimes it MAY take upto a year to add a soild inch man! be patient! keep on doing it like u r doing it.... if u are gaining strength eating big just keep on it!

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Health and fitness are a lifestyle, not a race.
To be successful you need to be methodical, disciplined, consistent, and patient.
It's important to set goals, and when you do achieve them, set new ones, so you are always striving for something.
The changes will come, sometimes they happen quickly especially in the first year of training, sometimes they happen more slowly.
However as long as you remain consistent and your diet and training program are on point, you can achieve anything.
Good luck
Peace

boogyman

Awards
If you making strength gains, just keep diet in check and you will grow.

Also, if you noticing fat loss over 3 weeks then you may be at a calorie deficit, in which case you won't grow very much.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Aside from the 3 weeks thing that Rodja already pointed out; how consistant are you with your workout routine? You mentioned that youve tried negitives, pulses, hypertrophy (i'm assuming this means hypertrophic style training?). Consistancy is key, sure, you can add in these things once you have a strong foundation and need the extra stimulus to grow, but at 149lbs I'm going to say you dont even need to attempt negitives.

Workout and eat, alot. You want growth you have to put in the work, not just in the gym, but outside of it too. Ive used this analogy before but if you are a builder and your contracted to build a mansion but only receive enough materials to build a shack, can you build a mansion? Of course not. You need more equipment. Same goes for the body. If you want it to grow but only feed it enough to stay small, then how do you expect to get big? If you want to get big then you have to feed your body more. Simple.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
How long have you been training for,lol???
try a pre exhaust routine,it can work wonders.And more inclines.

an example is,I did chest today.here is my routine in order:
-Incline DB presses 45 degree angle
-30 degree incline DB flys
-Flat Smith machine bench Press
-Hammer Strength incline presses

in and out in 40 mins

yes a majority of your chest is upper,hit inclines hard.Works for me.