Checking in from NYC

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How's the NY crew here doing? Everyone staying safe? It's so chaotic here. So many of my friends here are reporting bad news to me weekly.

Thankfully I'm still employed for the time being and training from home. I'm one of the lucky ones so far.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We struggling lol. Waiting for phase 1

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Out on the island. Hoping to get back to work soon.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Out on the island. Hoping to get back to work soon.
I hope so for you too.

I know so many people out of work right now, and a handful more people who have to move out of their homes now too, it's so sad.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell me about it. Not looking forward to any more waves of this!
Neither am I. We looking good right now though. Everything is on the decline.

Me and the family waiting until beaches are open in any Caribbean and we out lol

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just lost my dad yesterday. He was living in Canada (northern Ontario) in a small town of 48,000, and this disease still found him there. I'm absolutely heartbroken. This **** is everywhere and it's so brutal. I was just talking to him and he seemed fine, no real symptoms (just loss of taste and a dry throat, no fever). Went to the hospital for shortness of breath one day, and gone the next. Be safe out there everyone.

There are no funerals besides zoom funerals, no way they will let you see your loved ones one last time. Please don't let this happen to you, if possible. It is the most absolutely horrific thing to go through.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just lost my dad yesterday. He was living in Canada (northern Ontario) in a small town of 48,000, and this disease still found him there. I'm absolutely heartbroken. This **** is everywhere and it's so brutal. I was just talking to him and he seemed fine, no real symptoms (just loss of taste and a dry throat, no fever). Went to the hospital for shortness of breath one day, and gone the next. Be safe out there everyone.

There are no funerals besides zoom funerals, no way they will let you see your loved ones one last time. Please don't let this happen to you, if possible. It is the most absolutely horrific thing to go through.
That is heartbreaking man. Sorry for your loss.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I’m in tears reading this. I’m sorry for your lost brother my heart is with you.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely heartbreaking.. My prayers are with you brother.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry bro :( praying for you.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Horrible. Prayers to you and the family.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So sorry you had to go through all that. Very sad times..

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry to hear. Prayers to your family. We are hearing of people I’ve worked with for years passing from covid.