cheap blood tests for Cal State students

Schwaugher

Awards
EDIT: I didn't know where to post this, so move it where ever you want moderators.

This is a post geared for all college students using AAS/PH/etc. I just found out that my tuition includes health insurance and coverage at the on-campus medical center. They only charge $15 for a complete metabolic profile (HDL, LDL, ALT, AST, Electrolytes, etc.) and only a few dollars more (i forgot the actual #) to test my thyroid hormones. They said that some of the prices can vary depending of the provider and wether or not the have the testing equipment there or have to send it out to get results. Not too mention that most the test done their (including STD's and other blood tests) can be done annonimously. You pay, schedule, have the test, and come in a week or two later to get the results. Here is a chart from the website.

Commonly Ordered Laboratory Tests at the Student Health and Counseling Center

<table bordercolorlight="#ffffff" bordercolordark="#999999" summary="this table shows the most commonly ordered laboratory test and fees at the student health and counceling center" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#e4e4e4"> <td>Test</td> <td>Cost</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Complete Blood Count</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Urinalysis</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Pregnancy test, urine</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Chemistry Profile including cholesterol panel</td> <td>$15.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Thyroid Panel & T.S.H.</td> <td>$13.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td>PAP smear, conventional</td> <td>$12.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Throat, urine, gonorrhea cultures</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Chlamydia test</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Stool studies</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Test for syphilis</td> <td>No charge</td> </tr> </tbody></table> *Prices are subject to change without notice. Please verify price with the SHCC Cashier prior to receiving service.

The reason I'm posting this is because i don't see enough people getting blood work and I'm tired of hearing excuses. Not to meantion people just out of highschool are using them as well. I'm not sure what the situation if for other University systems, and I know not all colleges can offer this, that's why im asking that college students check to see what kind of stuff they offer. Remember...your health is your responsibility, nobody else's. Don't blaim it on the supplements or companies you bought from.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
THANKS!!!

Amazing! I'm going to go check on this Thursday. I'll report back.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
hey im a future cal state student this is awsome thanks!

BMW

Awards
  • Established
which campus do you guys go to? i may be going to CSUSB

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Im student at CSULB i just spend 56$ on TSH, Free and total test, and chemistry screen .

But every one looked to me like a freak for asking for a testosterone test!! I have no idea why.

I got this because im starting a cycle next week.

Schwaugher

Awards
That's the one thing i hate. When i told them to test my test levels:blink:, the secritary got curious and asked me why :wtf:. I didn't think they were supposed to ask that, i figured it was just a slip-up. So i just told her I was making money as a test subject, and my contract doesn't allow me to say anything else. I was quite proud of myself for making that up right off the top of my head.