Blood Work Cheaper Through Private MD or Insurance

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What have you guys found to be the cheaper option? I have pretty good health insurance. My mom works for a hospital billing company and almost all of my doctors visits and tests are free. If I get my blood work done at the hospital it's free because they have their own lab.. I'm not sure if they would send Test and Estrogen levels elsewhere or not, which would mean I would have to pay for it then. I suppose I could call or email and ask.

They had to send my Prolactin test out to a different lab and I had to pay for it, so I'm just going to assume the other hormonal tests will be sent out as well. If I request my doctor write a prescription for these tests do you guys think it would be cheaper than Private MD even if it's sent to a different lab?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is a new doctor to me and he seems cool so I may or may not tell him about my cycling.. I'm a little worried about that effecting insurance later on if I develop some kind of health problem though.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll have to contact your insurance company to find out the details. Some plans only cover certain things for certain reasons, plus you have to consider if you have a deductible to meet first or a co-pay. I like PMD labs because it is discreet. You get bad tests on file with your doctor and insurance companies will have access to it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You'll have to contact your insurance company to find out the details. Some plans only cover certain things for certain reasons, plus you have to consider if you have a deductible to meet first or a co-pay. I like PMD labs because it is discreet. You get bad tests on file with your doctor and insurance companies will have access to it.
No deductible or co pay for me.. The ease of Private MD may be worth it though if it's more expensive.. It won't require an extra doctor visit that is out of the way.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No deductible or co pay for me.. The ease of Private MD may be worth it though if it's more expensive.. It won't require an extra doctor visit that is out of the way.
PMD is 53 bucks and results have never taken more than 48 hrs for me. Plus it's discreet which is important to me. A lot more convenient than making a doc appt. and then another appt. for blood draw, and then you have to wait for the docs office to call about results or go in for a follow up. Last time I went through the doc it took almost 2 weeks. Then they acted like it was a big deal when I wanted a copy of the results. All they did was leave a message saying everything looked good. When I go PMD it takes 5 minutes to order. By the next morning it takes 10 minutes to draw blood. Then have results by the next evening. For purposes of monitoring your bloods while cycling this is the way to go for me. If I felt the need to be diagnosed for a physical issue I would go through the doctor.

demonfox

Awards
  • Established
So for PMD what do you say specifically? Cause I had a blood work done when I had normal check up done and I thought it would have test and estro but it didn't. All it had was glucose and lipid levels.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So for PMD what do you say specifically? Cause I had a blood work done when I had normal check up done and I thought it would have test and estro but it didn't. All it had was glucose and lipid levels.
Select the female hormone panel. It has most of what you need. It's cheapest option. Full male panel is a lot more. Their website lists everything tested for each panel.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Most people order the Female Hormone Panel.

I wish doctors would routinely check hormones once you hit a certain age, even f there wasn't any apparent problems. I think it's good to monitor something as important as your hormones.

demonfox

Awards
  • Established
Will the female hormone panel check testosterone as well? And also, what if they ask why i need a female hormone panel when I'm a male?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
+1 been using pmd and labcorp for yearsss and never had an issue.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Will the female hormone panel check testosterone as well? And also, what if they ask why i need a female hormone panel when I'm a male?
It checks for Testosterone and you can check a box that says whether you are male or female. It's very common for males to order the female panel.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude. Check out the site. It checks test levels and all the stuff you need, except lipids. The female hormone panel is simply a group of tests. It asks if you are male or female and provided test ranges for whichever you pick.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I linked above, just click the link and read haha

demonfox

Awards
  • Established
Yes thanks a lot for the link. I'll definitely give it a go

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Friendly reminder if you're running tren or any prohormones that convert to tren then the regular estrogen test by private md labs will show high ass estrogen. You need the sensitive estrogen test by labsmd to tell and it takes about a week to get results from those guys

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just FYI, I just used my FSA to pay for my test :) Good service, except the LabCorp experience kinda sucked, LOL.

If you have to use a LabCorp, I highly recommend planning your test about a week in advance and making an appointment online.