LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did a quick google search and it seems relatively cheap. I'd say pick up some and try it out. I usually will supplement in phenibut xt by sns when i'm looking for a mood supplement.

PredNutrition

PredNutrition

Awards
def would love to, do i have to log it or write a final review?
PM me your address and i'll post you out a few doses. Just let us know your thoughts either on here or on a separate log post

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PM me your address and i'll post you out a few doses. Just let us know your thoughts either on here or on a separate log post
will do , I mainly want to get rid of the mental fog and feeling tired

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
will do , I mainly want to get rid of the mental fog and feeling tired
Controlled Labs Gamer Up is super nice. I'm sipping mine now with some nasal ceretropic noopept, I'll see how this goes.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Controlled Labs Gamer Up is super nice. I'm sipping mine now with some nasal ceretropic noopept, I'll see how this goes.
The nasal noopept from ceretropic is the best. I went through quite a few bottles.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys, read the link in the first post. Salidroside is one of the main actives in rhodiola, and does work in isolation, but a combination of salidroside and rosavin (and likely other compounds found in rhodiola) outperforms isolated salidroside. Additionally, studies seem to indicate a point of diminishing returns with rhodiola, where higher doses don't really provide any additional benefit. With that said, I don't see a real reason not to use a moderate dose of an extract standardized for BOTH salidroside and rosavins. It's not very expensive at all, and I'd actually prefer it over just a ton of isolated salidroside.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Guys, read the link in the first post. Salidroside is one of the main actives in rhodiola, and does work in isolation, but a combination of salidroside and rosavin (and likely other compounds found in rhodiola) outperforms isolated salidroside. Additionally, studies seem to indicate a point of diminishing returns with rhodiola, where higher doses don't really provide any additional benefit. With that said, I don't see a real reason not to use a moderate dose of an extract standardized for BOTH salidroside and rosavins. It's not very expensive at all, and I'd actually prefer it over just a ton of isolated salidroside.
With some backup from Examine:

Supplementation of Rhodiola Rosea tends to refer to either the SHR-5 extract in particular or an equivalent extract, any that confers both 3% Rosavins and 1% Salidroside.

Usage of Rhodiola as a daily preventative against fatigue has been reported to be effective in doses as low as 50mg.

Acute usage of Rhodiola for fatigue and anti-stress has been noted to be taken in the 288-680mg range.

As Rhodiola has been shown to have a bell-curve response before, it is recommended to not exceed the aforementioned 680mg dosage as higher doses may be ineffective.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you've ever taken rhodiola isolated for salidroside, you'd very likely agree that the effects are much more pronounced than the typical 3:1 ratio. For energy and stress relief, there is really no comparison. Higher amounts of the studied 3:1 will induce lethargy, but not so with the isolated salidrosides.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you've ever taken rhodiola isolated for salidroside, you'd very likely agree that the effects are much more pronounced than the typical 3:1 ratio. For energy and stress relief, there is really no comparison. Higher amounts of the studied 3:1 will induce lethargy, but not so with the isolated salidrosides.
Then go with a 3&2% extract, or add isolated salidroside to an extract that has some rosavin and is actually rhodiola. I get that everyone responds differently, but I have never noticed lethargy from rhodiola, and studies I have seen have not noted lethargy with increased doses, typically just diminishing returns or no additional benefits. Why is the even a need to mega-dose salidroside in the first place? Studies have shown rhodiola is effective for endurance, fatigue, cognition, etc, at moderate doses, often times with no real additional benefits with increasing doses.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then go with a 3&2% extract, or add isolated salidroside to an extract that has some rosavin and is actually rhodiola. I get that everyone responds differently, but I have never noticed lethargy from rhodiola, and studies I have seen have not noted lethargy with increased doses, typically just diminishing returns or no additional benefits. Why is the even a need to mega-dose salidroside in the first place? Studies have shown rhodiola is effective for endurance, fatigue, cognition, etc, at moderate doses, often times with no real additional benefits with increasing doses.
To put it simply, because it works better, IMO. I have 3:1, 3:2, and 3% salidroside and it difference is night and day with energy and overall stress relief. High dose rhodiola makes me very tired and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that others get the same effect.

Not disagreeing with any studies, but I've been taking rhodiola for many years and know what to expect.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To put it simply, because it works better, IMO. I have 3:1, 3:2, and 3% salidroside and it difference is night and day with energy and overall stress relief. High dose rhodiola makes me very tired and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that others get the same effect.

Not disagreeing with any studies, but I've been taking rhodiola for many years and know what to expect.
Ive been taking it for years as well, from 3:1%, 3:2%, 3% salidroside, 3% rosavin, etc, and my experience just isn't the same as yours. You'll find anecdotal evidence on both sides of the issue, as we've just seen with the two of us, but I wouldn't say that the consensus is that 3:1% or 3:2% makes people tired. I suppose adaptogens and nootropics are just things that effect us all a bit differently, so it's most important to find a rhodiola that works well for you, but I don't think it's fair to say that isolated salidroside is definitively/objectively/conclusively/etc superior to a 3:1-2% extract, especially in light of the many studies. I'd still recommend a first-time rhodiola user to start with moderate doses of a 3:1% or 3:2% (this one preferably) and see how it treats them, as it's affordable, safe, and proven.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly why I put- IMO. :) I am not saying there is any consensus on this topic.