Cellulite [emoji30]

Nickie927

Awards
I’m a 29 year-old woman. Okay, within the past couple years I have started a new job. My new job requires me to sit for long periods of time. I am also not getting as many steps in as well. I’m having a really hard time adjusting to this and have gained about 10 pounds due to the new schedule. Within the past few months I have noticed I am getting cellulite. I train my legs at least a couple times a week. But I’m still getting cellulite. I’m at a loss I don’t understand why I’m getting it if I train weekly. Any suggestions or advice?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m a 29 year-old woman. Okay, within the past couple years I have started a new job. My new job requires me to sit for long periods of time. I am also not getting as many steps in as well. I’m having a really hard time adjusting to this and have gained about 10 pounds due to the new schedule. Within the past few months I have noticed I am getting cellulite. I train my legs at least a couple times a week. But I’m still getting cellulite. I’m at a loss I don’t understand why I’m getting it if I train weekly. Any suggestions or advice?

Youre most likely eating too much of something and/or not getting enough training. Maybe you could give an idea of what you're eating? Its also a good idea to do a little cardio if youre sitting still a lot.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you can fit it in to your lifestyle water fasting can help you out quite a bit there. Jason Fung is an excellent resource if you have any interest in researching the subject, but autophagy has helped many people reduce and/or eliminate cellulite

Nickie927

Awards
Youre most likely eating too much of something and/or not getting enough training. Maybe you could give an idea of what you're eating? Its also a good idea to do a little cardio if youre sitting still a lot.
I have had a reduction in protein intake.

Nickie927

Awards
If you can fit it in to your lifestyle water fasting can help you out quite a bit there. Jason Fung is an excellent resource if you have any interest in researching the subject, but autophagy has helped many people reduce and/or eliminate cellulite
Jason Fung, is he just on a web search?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jason Fung, is he just on a web search?
Yeah you can search dr Jason Fung. He has been on tons of podcasts and interviews. I also own his book on fasting. It is written exceptionally well and in layman’s terms. I found it to be more of a review when I purchased it, but it should serve as a fantastic introduction to both intermittent fasting and water fasting.

Dr Rhonda Patrick is another phenomenal resource. Also a web search of the word “autophagy” will provide lots of great info into how any why fasting could help with cellulite (and numerous other health benefits)

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have had a reduction in protein intake.

While that might not be optimal, i dont think that's the reason. Its more likely an addition of something. If youre sitting down a lot and keep the same food intake its possible you just burn less energy. Doing some cardio might help

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Simple reason for the weight gain is you are eating more calories than you are burning. Begin tracking your calories and reduce as needed.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get cellulite as I get fatter but as soon as I start dieting down it goes away. Nothing will spot reduce it. No magic pill. I train legs 3 days a week and am still dimply but it will be gone when I need it to be.

Nickie927

Awards
I get cellulite as I get fatter but as soon as I start dieting down it goes away. Nothing will spot reduce it. No magic pill. I train legs 3 days a week and am still dimply but it will be gone when I need it to be.
Thank you! This makes me feel better. I didn’t understand why I was getting it as I am still training.