Cell Tech actually got better

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably most of us fell for the Cell Tech ads when were first getting started. Flipping through the pages of a muscle mag and you come across this multipage ad with all sorts of scientific sounding information about how Cell Tech works and how it'll make you gain 10lbs of muscle in 4 weeks. Then, all it was was LOTS of maltodextrin and some creatine.

Well, I was flipping through Cell Tech's website looking at their products and I was just curious if they were pulling the same old scam they've been pulling for years. The retail price is $30 for 3lb, so it's still a major rip off, but the formula actually was improved. They removed maltodextrin from the carbs and added a lot better carbs. They're using creatine hcl (the cheapest of the creatines and the easiest to throw into a formula due to it's chemical properties), but it's included with 3g of creatine monohydrate. Their BCAA amounts are also BS. But, check it out:

3lbs Fruit Punch
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (49g)
Servings Per Container: 28
Amount Per Serving
Amt
%DV
Calories

Total Carbohydrate
38g 13%*
Sugar
15g †
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 125mg 208%
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 5.25mg 263%
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 0.2mcg 3%
Calcium 45mg 5%
Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 32.5mg 8%
Sodium 35mg 1%
Potassium (as Dipotassium Phosphate) 24.8mg 1%
Muscle Growth and Strength Matrix
Creatine Monohydrate 3.5g †
Creatine HCl 1.5g †

Cell-Volumizing Amino Acid Matrix
Taurine 1g †
L-Alanine 500mg †
BCAA Matrix L-Leucine 500mg †
L-Valine 250mg †
L-Isoleucine 250mg †

Lipoic-Tech™
Alpha Lipoic Acid (Supplying R-ALA) 100mg †
* % Daily Value is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
Ingredients
Other Ingredients: Multi-Stage Carb Blend (Glucose Polymers, Dextrose, Modcarb™ [Oat Bran, Amaranth, Quinoa, Buckwheat, Millet, Chia], Waxy Maize [Corn Starch], Cluster Dextrin), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Silicate, Salt, Acesulfame-Potassium, Sucralose, FD&C Red No. 40.
Now granted, I still wouldn't buy the stuff (obviously), but it's nice to see them take out the maltodextrin and add in real glucose/dextrose and plant based carbs which are much healthier than just plain maltodextrin.

Whaddya think?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree .. the new version look so much better then old one .. i think back then when media wasn't as popular ..so companies like muscletech/bsn could really put out anything and it would sell .. bc they had big name athletes on roids saying stuff works

now that we people have gotten smart and doing their own research before buying .. companies are forced to rebrand.

this is the new formula and i think its a pretty solid one.

30 Servings Blue Raspberry
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16g)
Servings Per Container: 30 Servings
Amount Per Serving
Amt
%DV
Calories

Total Carbohydrate
0g
0%
Sugar
0g

Sodium
45mg
2%
Potassium (as dipotassium phosphate)
18mg
1%
BCAA Matrix

L-Leucine
4g

L-Valine
1g

L-Isoleucine
1g

L-Glutamne
1g

Muscle Growth and Strength Matrix

Creatine Monohydrate
4g

Creatine HCl
1g

Cell Volumizing Amino Acid Matrix

Taurine
1g

Tart Cherry juice concentrate (as Prunus Cerasus)(fruit)
240mg

Electrolyte Blend

Sodium Chloride
80mg

Coconut Water (as Cocos Nucifera)(fruit)
50mg

Watermelon Juice (as Citrullus Lanatus)(fruit)
50mg

Dipotassium Phosphate
40mg

Support Blend

White Mulberry Extract (as Morus Alba)(fruit)
100mg

Prickly Pear concentrate (as Opuntia Ficus-Indica)(fruit)

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their pre workouts have also improved such as Vapor1 and usually their pre's would
say 30 servings but they were really 2 scoop pre's so you only got 15 servings :( but
Vapor1 was a true 1 scoop PW and it was pretty good when I reviewed it. :)
20190211_065634.jpg

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their pre workouts have also improved such as Vapor1 and usually their pre's would
say 30 servings but they were really 2 scoop pre's so you only got 15 servings :( but
Vapor1 was a true 1 scoop PW and it was pretty good when I reviewed it. :)View attachment 202275
ha nanovapor was one of my first pre or purchase from GNC i think back in the day .. had over 50+ ingredients lol

Yup new one looks pretty solid

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Probably most of us fell for the Cell Tech ads when were first getting started. Flipping through the pages of a muscle mag and you come across this multipage ad with all sorts of scientific sounding information about how Cell Tech works and how it'll make you gain 10lbs of muscle in 4 weeks. Then, all it was was LOTS of maltodextrin and some creatine.

Well, I was flipping through Cell Tech's website looking at their products and I was just curious if they were pulling the same old scam they've been pulling for years. The retail price is $30 for 3lb, so it's still a major rip off, but the formula actually was improved. They removed maltodextrin from the carbs and added a lot better carbs. They're using creatine hcl (the cheapest of the creatines and the easiest to throw into a formula due to it's chemical properties), but it's included with 3g of creatine monohydrate. Their BCAA amounts are also BS. But, check it out:

Now granted, I still wouldn't buy the stuff (obviously), but it's nice to see them take out the maltodextrin and add in real glucose/dextrose and plant based carbs which are much healthier than just plain maltodextrin.

Whaddya think?
I've used 3-4 tubs and honestly really like it..... BB.com usually has sales so you can get it for $20-$25/tub. I took it intraworkout, I like it as good or better than GAT Jet Fuel.....I'd hate to admit to liking anything from them but this was good.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ha nanovapor was one of my first pre or purchase from GNC i think back in the day .. had over 50+ ingredients lol

Yup new one looks pretty solid
Oh man, anyone have any TRAC Exteme NO lying around in their stash? That stuff had to be spiked.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sometimes I don’t get the hate for the mainstream stuff. The amino build BCAA always tastes great and after Amazon subscriptions shows up pretty cheap.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sometimes I don’t get the hate for the mainstream stuff. The amino build BCAA always tastes great and after Amazon subscriptions shows up pretty cheap.
I won't claim to be an expert on the situation but I saw some stuff about how they treated Janae Croc who was a sponsored athlete who came out as trans. From my understanding they ended the sponsorship pretty much immediately. Not a great look for a big company like that, but this was before that was in the public eye so it kind of got swept under the rug. Just makes me feel like giving somebody else my money. Their prices have come down significantly since the 2000's and a lot of their stuff is fine. Not trying to hijack the topic but its my only reservation on using their stuff. Their protein flavors aren't my cup of tea either

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh man, anyone have any TRAC Exteme NO lying around in their stash? That stuff had to be spiked.
haha and some good ol ultimate orange remember ?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I won't claim to be an expert on the situation but I saw some stuff about how they treated Janae Croc who was a sponsored athlete who came out as trans. From my understanding they ended the sponsorship pretty much immediately. Not a great look for a big company like that, but this was before that was in the public eye so it kind of got swept under the rug. Just makes me feel like giving somebody else my money. Their prices have come down significantly since the 2000's and a lot of their stuff is fine. Not trying to hijack the topic but its my only reservation on using their stuff. Their protein flavors aren't my cup of tea either
If you haven't seen the film, Bigger, Stronger, Faster, I highly recommend it. They interview a Muscletech model and he admits to using PEDs and is almost immediately fired. So, MuscleTech seems to have no chill.

The documentary was online might be free online to stream, but I couldn't tell for sure.. But, here is a list of locations you can watch it.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you haven't seen the film, Bigger, Stronger, Faster, I highly recommend it. They interview a Muscletech model and he admits to using PEDs and is almost immediately fired. So, MuscleTech seems to have no chill.

The documentary was online might be free online to stream, but I couldn't tell for sure.. But, here is a list of locations you can watch it.

I don't think this would surprise anyone here on this forum

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer

it was a good documentary, seen it a couple times