Competitive Edge Labs Epi-Plex Mini-Review

Background
42 Years old
Lifted weights for 25 years
Tracked my food and training since 1999
Natural

Basics
2,5 bottle run (so far)
1 cap with meal 1 (pre workout) and 1 cap with meal 5 (pre bed)
Calories in a slight deficit

Experience
This is a tricky one to put words to, but ill try my best. After about half a bottle i started to notice effects. What I mostly feel is some improved recovery and stamina. But also i feel really full and big while going thru my workouts. Being in a caloric deficit this usually isnt the case. But I cannot point to anything else that has changed in my day to day to attribute it. So im thinking it must be the Epi-Plex.

Conclusion
I love products that one can run as a staple. Having been training for ever I know that results that come fast also has a tendency to disappear as fast. So slow and steady is my jam. Im really enjoying Epi-Plex and have for that reason another 2 bottles ready to go!
In my book this is another home run for CEL!​

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for posting the review. Your thread you have for the ongoing reviews is incredible in terms of detail. Thank you for posting this outside of it as well for anyone that may not have seen your other thread or just wanted a quick summary.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Did you always dose at 2 caps?

I’m just wondering about dosage because I’ve read (and could be wrong) that 200-300mg is the standard dose, so would 600mg be overkill? I’ve even heard people on here saying that they got best results at 3 caps, and that seems super overkill?

Now, maybe it’s not at 100% Epi, so maybe the dosage is lower than 300mg per cap?

I’m just wondering because I have 2 bottles and I’ve been running 300mg per day and I’ve noticed some increased endurance, but I’d love to see it at maximum potential. I chose to dose 1 cap based on what I read, but also because (IIRC - it was years ago) ep1c was a 300mg dose, and I got great results from that.

Any input on dosing info, and could anyone shed any light on what kind of side effects could come from a dose of 600mg or even 900mg as some others I’ve read have been running?

Thanks!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I’m just wondering about dosage because I’ve read (and could be wrong) that 200-300mg is the standard dose, so would 600mg be overkill? I’ve even heard people on here saying that they got best results at 3 caps, and that seems super overkill?

Now, maybe it’s not at 100% Epi, so maybe the dosage is lower than 300mg per cap?

I’m just wondering because I have 2 bottles and I’ve been running 300mg per day and I’ve noticed some increased endurance, but I’d love to see it at maximum potential. I chose to dose 1 cap based on what I read, but also because (IIRC - it was years ago) ep1c was a 300mg dose, and I got great results from that.

Any input on dosing info, and could anyone shed any light on what kind of side effects could come from a dose of 600mg or even 900mg as some others I’ve read have been running?

Thanks!
I am still using this product and yes ive kept it at 2 caps a day. Ive also read that many enjoy it at 3 caps, i havent tried that yet but it might be worth trying for a month. See if I can feel any difference now that ive been using this for so long.

Epi-Plex IS dosed at 300mg per caps so you are absolutely getting your moneys worth.

I think @sns8778 runs it at 3 caps a day so we can see what he has to say. I have not heard of any sides from taking 600mg or 900mg myself.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Thanks!
300mg is totally fine imo .. i have ran it at 2 caps and i do notice more benefits

SNS/CEL are 2 companies that will always give you more for lesser price

600mg - i felt like i have been on a mild sarm cycle high endurance feel
900mg although i did try it, i didnt feel much diff so stayed at 2 caps .. i do know few people that love it at 900 mg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thanks!
Epi-Plex is 300 mg. actual Epicatechin per capsule and that is stated clearly on the label.

The suggested daily dose for Epicatechin is 600 mg. per day.

The reason that other companies may hide their dosages in proprietary blends or suggest lower dosages is because Epicatechin is an expensive raw material so doing so helps keep their costs down and provides better margins for them. We identify exactly how much is in our products and suggest the correct daily dosage.

There are a lot of people that really enjoy 900 mg. per day, and no, that would not be overkill. I use 600 mg. daily and have increased it to 900 mg. per day myself during periods where I was doing more cardio &/or endurance based training.

Ep1c also suggested 600 mg. per day total, although theirs was mixed with phosphatidylcholine and not 100% epicatechin.

The people running the correct daily dose at 600 mg. per day are going to get better results than people running half the daily dose. As for 900 mg. per day, I wouldn't expect any side effects out of that as many, many people do it; it would just be a matter of personal response as to whether you responded better to it and felt like it was worth it to do that dose.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am still using this product and yes ive kept it at 2 caps a day. Ive also read that many enjoy it at 3 caps, i havent tried that yet but it might be worth trying for a month. See if I can feel any difference now that ive been using this for so long.

Epi-Plex IS dosed at 300mg per caps so you are absolutely getting your moneys worth.

I think @sns8778 runs it at 3 caps a day so we can see what he has to say. I have not heard of any sides from taking 600mg or 900mg myself.
I've ran it at 3 caps per day when doing more cardio or endurance type training and I can definitely tell a difference. A lot of people that I know that do endurance based sports like MMA and Boxing love the 3 caps per day. When not doing more endurance based training, I stay on 2 caps per day year round because in addition to the performance enhancement aspects, it has so many overall health benefits.

And thank you for pointing that out - that it is 300 mg. per cap.

It amazes me that we are one of the only brands that don't hide their dose in a prop blend and then to see a statement that 'maybe its not 100% Epicatechin' - we clearly state on our label that it is 300 mg. of actual Epicatechin per capsule.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Epi-Plex is 300 mg. actual Epicatechin per capsule and that is stated clearly on the label.

The suggested daily dose for Epicatechin is 600 mg. per day.

The reason that other companies may hide their dosages in proprietary blends or suggest lower dosages is because Epicatechin is an expensive raw material so doing so helps keep their costs down and provides better margins for them. We identify exactly how much is in our products and suggest the correct daily dosage.

There are a lot of people that really enjoy 900 mg. per day, and no, that would not be overkill. I use 600 mg. daily and have increased it to 900 mg. per day myself during periods where I was doing more cardio &/or endurance based training.

Ep1c also suggested 600 mg. per day total, although theirs was mixed with phosphatidylcholine and not 100% epicatechin.

The people running the correct daily dose at 600 mg. per day are going to get better results than people running half the daily dose. As for 900 mg. per day, I wouldn't expect any side effects out of that as many, many people do it; it would just be a matter of personal response as to whether you responded better to it and felt like it was worth it to do that dose.
Thanks! I’m going to bump up to 600mg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks! I’m going to bump up to 600mg
No problem at all. I'm glad to help in any way that I can. I think you'll like it a lot better at 600 mg.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've ran it at 3 caps per day when doing more cardio or endurance type training and I can definitely tell a difference. A lot of people that I know that do endurance based sports like MMA and Boxing love the 3 caps per day. When not doing more endurance based training, I stay on 2 caps per day year round because in addition to the performance enhancement aspects, it has so many overall health benefits.

And thank you for pointing that out - that it is 300 mg. per cap.

It amazes me that we are one of the only brands that don't hide their dose in a prop blend and then to see a statement that 'maybe its not 100% Epicatechin' - we clearly state on our label that it is 300 mg. of actual Epicatechin per capsule.
Can you elaborate on the health benefits? I’m guessing BP related or cardiovascular related? Also the performance enhancement benefit is this VO2 Max related or ATP MOA or? Not a lot of Epicatechin, and most just discusses its ‘effect of Myostatin via positively regulating Follistatin...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can you elaborate on the health benefits? I’m guessing BP related or cardiovascular related? Also the performance enhancement benefit is this VO2 Max related or ATP MOA or? Not a lot of Epicatechin, and most just discusses its ‘effect of Myostatin via positively regulating Follistatin...
Epicatechin is mostly associated with Myostatin and Follistatin in terms of performance enhancement bc that was the original way that it was marketed; and I think that its a great ingredient for that purpose.

In addition, it also has a lot of general health benefits. These include supporting improved blood flow, circulation, blood pressure, and other cardiovascular benefits. It is also good for immune support.

The performance enhancement and body composition results of Epi-Plex is very consistent for most people and include increases in lean muscle, strength, stamina, endurance, and improved recovery.

Epicatechin works through much more than just one method of action in regards to performance enhancement.

As far as the endurance benefit, it does seem to help people with cardiovascular endurance (likely due to improved blood flow) but when most people speak of endurance in regards to Epi-Plex, they are talking about muscular endurance. I know for me its the best thing I've ever used for overall muscular endurance and has a very pronounced effect for me on that as its something I've always struggled with later on in workouts.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Dustin07 this was the other product that I was telling you about that is so good for endurance and also has a lot of overall health benefits for cardiovascular health, etc. I use this one year round as part of my general health supplement regimen, and its the best thing I've ever used for muscular endurance. @TheMrMuscle does incredible logs and reviews and is so meticulous with everything, his reviews are cool.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Competitive Edge Labs Epi-Plex Mini-Review

View attachment 200966View attachment 200967

Background
42 Years old
Lifted weights for 25 years
Tracked my food and training since 1999
Natural

Basics
2,5 bottle run (so far)
1 cap with meal 1 (pre workout) and 1 cap with meal 5 (pre bed)
Calories in a slight deficit

Experience
This is a tricky one to put words to, but ill try my best. After about half a bottle i started to notice effects. What I mostly feel is some improved recovery and stamina. But also i feel really full and big while going thru my workouts. Being in a caloric deficit this usually isnt the case. But I cannot point to anything else that has changed in my day to day to attribute it. So im thinking it must be the Epi-Plex.

Conclusion
I love products that one can run as a staple. Having been training for ever I know that results that come fast also has a tendency to disappear as fast. So slow and steady is my jam. Im really enjoying Epi-Plex and have for that reason another 2 bottles ready to go!
In my book this is another home run for CEL!​
Could you post this on Facebook or Instagram (or both) ?