CEL Epi-Plex legit?

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
I'm hoping a rep can help me out with this one. I recently purchased a bottle of Epi-plex and the lot and expiration date is not printed ok the bottle. Instead it's on a white sticker on the bottom of the bottle. This is different than the 3 other bottles I have ran and I'm curious if this is legit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry it took me so long to see this thread; I don't get to post as often as I'd like. And I'm sorry that none of the other reps answered this or emailed me about it.

There was a batch of Epi-Plex that had the stickers on the bottom because the contract manufacturers lot coder broke so the decision was made that it was better to have a batch ship with stickers than run out of stock over something like that :)

Sorry for any confusion.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Sorry it took me so long to see this thread; I don't get to post as often as I'd like. And I'm sorry that none of the other reps answered this or emailed me about it.

There was a batch of Epi-Plex that had the stickers on the bottom because the contract manufacturers lot coder broke so the decision was made that it was better to have a batch ship with stickers than run out of stock over something like that :)

Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for clearing that up!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can I ask why your company uses so much titanium dioxide in the caps? I’d be using several of your products if it wasn’t in there. EU testing has reassessed the safety of the additive and I’ve never seen the pros of colouring, much prefer to see the actual contents of a cap.
Do you know how much is being put in it ? lol

This has been discussed before .. here is what @sns8778 had to say about the discussion

"Titanium Dioxide is not added by me or any other company - it is the FDA approved ingredient in a capsule shell that makes the capsule shell white"

"Yeah, that's pretty much it. You've seen yourself in the last two weeks I've gotten nit picked over everything from being criticized for labeling products legally and correctly like showing the words Titanium Dioxide in the 'Other Ingredients'. Every white capsule has Titanium Dioxide bc its what makes the capsule white so if you take a white capsule and the bottle doesn't show Titanium Dioxide on the 'Other Ingredients', legally they are supposed to. A lot of brands don't list it; yet we do and get nit picked over it. For info purposes - Titanium Dioxide is regarded by the FDA as safe and in addition to being in white capsules, its in almost every white skin cream and in almost toothpaste on the market."

Again SNS just follows FDA/cGMP guidelines, whether other companies do or not is their business.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can I ask why your company uses so much titanium dioxide in the caps? I’d be using several of your products if it wasn’t in there. EU testing has reassessed the safety of the additive and I’ve never seen the pros of colouring, much prefer to see the actual contents of a cap.
We do not use Titanium Dioxide in the caps (as in we don't add it ourselves).
The capsule companies that make the capsules use it in the caps.
It is not an added ingredient to the product, it is part of the actual capsule itself.
Titanium Dioxide is the ingredient that gives the capsule the white color.
We simply follow FDA guidelines and list it legally on our labels whereas some companies don't.

ANY capsule that you ever take that is colored white (gelatin or vegetable capsule) has Titanium Dioxide in it. And most colored capsules (red, blue, orange, etc.) have it in there as well.

If you buy a product that comes in white capsules and the label doesn't show Titanium Dioxide, it's in there anyway and the company is violating the guidelines and just not telling you. Just like if you buy a capsule product that comes in colored capsules and they don't list the colors under their 'other ingredients', they're still there, the companies just aren't telling you.

So in reply to your question 'Can I ask why your company uses so much titanium dioxide in the caps?' I think the better question to ask would be 'Why do so many companies not follow FDA labeling guidelines and not properly list Titanium Dioxide and other colors on their labels under 'other ingredients' as they are supposed to by law?

Here is a statement directly from the FDA about Titanium Dioxide:
Titanium Dioxide is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and they allow food products to contain up to 1% food grade titanium dioxide without having to add it on the ingredient label.

^^^^ To make sure you understand what that means - ANY food that you eat is legally allowed to have up to 1% Titanium Dioxide in it without it even needing to be put on the label.

Know what other popular item has a lot of Titanium Dioxide in it that almost everyone uses? Toothpaste.

As far as your comment on capsule colors:
- Everyone has different opinions and there is no way to please everyone.
- Some people want colored capsules so they can distinguish one capsule from another in their pill cases.
- Other people want to avoid artificial colors in their capsules so they want white or clear.
- Then some people want regular capsules and others want Vegetable capsules.
- In Vegetable capsules, there are only two options - white and clear.

Where we stand on capsules is this - We have existing products that are in both gelatin and vegetable capsules and in a variety of colors because that's what a lot of people like and have liked for years. As we run out of labels and/or for new products, we have been going with either clear or white Vegetable capsules for most items. That's not because we feel that there is anything wrong with gelatin capsules or colored capsules, its just in an effort to please the most people possible - but things like this post are examples that there's never going to be a way to please everyone.

--------------------------

Final Thought:

I find it ironic how we get nit picked so much for actually following FDA guidelines and labeling laws when so many companies on here sell products in colored capsules and don't list the capsule colors (including Titanium Dioxide) in their other ingredients as required by FDA law and I never see them get asked why, even though they are clearly breaking the law by not declaring them. 🤔

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We do not use Titanium Dioxide in the caps (as in we don't add it ourselves).
The capsule companies that make the capsules use it in the caps.
It is not an added ingredient to the product, it is part of the actual capsule itself.
Titanium Dioxide is the ingredient that gives the capsule the white color.
We simply follow FDA guidelines and list it legally on our labels whereas some companies don't.

ANY capsule that you ever take that is colored white (gelatin or vegetable capsule) has Titanium Dioxide in it. And most colored capsules (red, blue, orange, etc.) have it in there as well.

If you buy a product that comes in white capsules and the label doesn't show Titanium Dioxide, it's in there anyway and the company is violating the guidelines and just not telling you. Just like if you buy a capsule product that comes in colored capsules and they don't list the colors under their 'other ingredients', they're still there, the companies just aren't telling you.

So in reply to your question 'Can I ask why your company uses so much titanium dioxide in the caps?' I think the better question to ask would be 'Why do so many companies not follow FDA labeling guidelines and not properly list Titanium Dioxide and other colors on their labels under 'other ingredients' as they are supposed to by law?

Here is a statement directly from the FDA about Titanium Dioxide:
Titanium Dioxide is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and they allow food products to contain up to 1% food grade titanium dioxide without having to add it on the ingredient label.

^^^^ To make sure you understand what that means - ANY food that you eat is legally allowed to have up to 1% Titanium Dioxide in it without it even needing to be put on the label.

Know what other popular item has a lot of Titanium Dioxide in it that almost everyone uses? Toothpaste.

As far as your comment on capsule colors:
- Everyone has different opinions and there is no way to please everyone.
- Some people want colored capsules so they can distinguish one capsule from another in their pill cases.
- Other people want to avoid artificial colors in their capsules so they want white or clear.
- Then some people want regular capsules and others want Vegetable capsules.
- In Vegetable capsules, there are only two options - white and clear.

Where we stand on capsules is this - We have existing products that are in both gelatin and vegetable capsules and in a variety of colors because that's what a lot of people like and have liked for years. As we run out of labels and/or for new products, we have been going with either clear or white Vegetable capsules for most items. That's not because we feel that there is anything wrong with gelatin capsules or colored capsules, its just in an effort to please the most people possible - but things like this post are examples that there's never going to be a way to please everyone.

--------------------------

Final Thought:

I find it ironic how we get nit picked so much for actually following FDA guidelines and labeling laws when so many companies on here sell products in colored capsules and don't list the capsule colors (including Titanium Dioxide) in their other ingredients as required by FDA law and I never see them get asked why, even though they are clearly breaking the law by not declaring them. 🤔
maybe some nit-picking, but SNS gets a lotta love on this forum--i trust your products completely, and purchase them often.

btim

Awards
Thanks for replying so comprehensively. Rephrasing suggestion acknowledged. I’ve been looking to try a new brand here in the UK, and a new stack, I can see SNS are well respected and the time/effort you put into your response shows why. All best.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for replying so comprehensively. Rephrasing suggestion acknowledged. I’ve been looking to try a new brand here in the UK, and a new stack, I can see SNS are well respected and the time/effort you put into your response shows why. All best.
Thank you. And I appreciate your understanding.

We make top quality products and offer them at great prices. And all SNS and Competitive Edge Labs products are manufactured in FDA registered GMP compliant manufacturing facilities and we ourselves are FDA registered and GMP compliant. This process adds a LOT of extra time and money to the way things are done.

And sometimes, like in the case with Titanium Dioxide, it leads to us being questioned about things like this when we're actually the ones following the labeling laws and declaring everything properly on the labels. (Not knocking you for asking that because I'm sure you didn't know all that that I put in the post, and that's why I elaborated so much to explain it all). It just sucks sometimes that we do things the right way but sometimes its the companies that don't even try to do things the right way that may give the perception that maybe they are doing something better/different like not using Titanium Dioxide when they actually do have it in there but just aren't being honest on the labels. I hope that makes sense.

I hope you'll be pleased with any of our products that you try. And if you have any questions, you're welcome to pm me and I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SNS is a first class company, and I trust the products they produce!
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words, confidence, and support.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
maybe some nit-picking, but SNS gets a lotta love on this forum--i trust your products completely, and purchase them often.
Thanks .. i think it goes both ways ..waiting for a day to come "why do sns put exp dates on bottles" lol jk jk