Cardiovascular support / boosting while ON

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You don't really see this discussed very often, or as a standalone topic, so I thought I'd start up a thread. One of the WORST side effects of going on cycle, is the negative hit to the cardiovascular system.

What are some of the things that people here do to combat this? Workout wise / supplement wise.

I think the following list is a good start:

1. Blood pressure monitoring / adjusting with supps/drugs (what are people's favorite supps?)
2. Donating Blood (double-red blood cell donation specifically)
3. Adding in some light cardio work everyday to keep things flowing and keeping the CV system going
4. General supplementation to help the heart (again, what are some people's favorite supplements for this?)

For people who specifically love to train with INTENSITY, what are some of the things you do while on, to help keep intensity up while training?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. No supps have touched my bp, have to run lisinopril on cycle

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ARBs are a great option for BP. Losartan & Olmesartan (specifically) are 2 great options. Olmesartan is a bit stronger and has no side effects (however it is more expensive). It seems to work in a positive way for sex as well, where blood flow is concerned. A lot of BP meds can have a negative effect but not this one. Quite the opposite.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ARBs are a great option for BP. Losartan & Olmesartan (specifically) are 2 great options. Olmesartan is a bit stronger and has no side effects (however it is more expensive). It seems to work in a positive way for sex as well, where blood flow is concerned. A lot of BP meds can have a negative effect but not this one. Quite the opposite.
Will look into that, sounds promising. Do you think it is a option my doctor would find viable? Currently prescribed lisinopril and coreg

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Olmesartan had a pretty big effect on both of my #'s, top and bottom, so it is definitely worth bringing up. When I initially spoke with my Dr about starting to use something for BP, I asked specifically for an ARB due to it's low occurrence of side effects. Since I'm also on TRT, I brought up sexual side effects of BP meds and told him how ARB's don't have this issue at all, and he agreed with me and prescribed it.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Olmesartan had a pretty big effect on both of my #'s, top and bottom, so it is definitely worth bringing up. When I initially spoke with my Dr about starting to use something for BP, I asked specifically for an ARB due to it's low occurrence of side effects. Since I'm also on TRT, I brought up sexual side effects of BP meds and told him how ARB's don't have this issue at all, and he agreed with me and prescribed it.
That's good to hear, going to discuss this with my doctor asap. Appreciate the info

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Naringin
Nattokinase
hawthorne berry
coQ10

cardio cocktail that actually works. I use it on TRT and double the dose when on blast. Keep BP in the 125-132/75 range throughout. Keep in mind that if estrogen gets out of control, it is very difficult to address cardio/BP issues. You need to keep it in check.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in addition to some supplements mentioned I've also used Agmatine 3 times a day and that in addition
to Hawthrone Berry & CoQ10 have really helped especially with anabolic like Trestolone which has a
tendency to make BP rise..

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
GW seems like it would be interesting for this purpose if you feel comfortable with the risks it may/may not bring.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GW seems like it would be interesting for this purpose if you feel comfortable with the risks it may/may not bring.
Gw did have a positive effect on my bp but it have me horrible insomnia. not a good trade off imo

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GW also has a great effect on lipids, but I'm not comfortable with it's safety profile. Seems risky.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Gw did have a positive effect on my bp but it have me horrible insomnia. not a good trade off imo
i think i would get insomnia just from worrying about potentiating cancer with every dose.lol. not saying thats true, have heard quite the compelling argument both ways, leaning towards being fairly safe but still. its a damn shame testing stopped on this, it seems like a truly spectacular substance.

nitrates might be of benefit as far as regular supps. staying away from tren also isnt a bad idea, but to each their own,