Cardio Equipment

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking into purchasing a piece of cardio equipment for use in my apartment. Only problem is I have limited room. I live in a 3 bedroom apt w/2 roommates, and my room isn't very large. Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on something small and effective. Was thinking a recumbent bike, but that may even be to large.

Thanks for any help.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Sticks,

Does it have to go into your room? Can you maybe put it in the living room? If you can how much room do you have to play with in either the living room or your bedroom? Can you move the furniture around to create more room for the equipment your thinking about getting?

Do you have a set price range you're looking at dropping for the peice?

RMT

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
yeah it needs to go in my bedroom.

For floor space i would say i have around 3'X3', but it's going to be cramped. Price range is around $400. A treadmill, or elliptical is out of the question, and i don't want one of those lame mini stair stepper things.

Only other option is to get something that folds up, which opens up a lot of possibilities. Could get something larger since it won't be clogging up my room the entire day. I would also be able to store it under my bed.

Quality is also an issue.

Thanks for the reply.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Ok for $400 you can get a pretty high class hooker for about 2hr's. Problem solved, best cardio you do right there. :thumbsup:

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Ok for $400 you can get a pretty high class hooker for about 2hr's. Problem solved, best cardio you do right there. :thumbsup:
LOL, yeah but i'm a fan of low intensity high duration, w/the hooker i'll get about 5 mins of hiit and i'll be spent for the rest of the night.

I've been looking around didn't realize how expensive this stuff was. Maybe i can pick up a used piece of equipment.

size

Awards
  • Established
In all seriousness, have you considered purchasing a jump rope? I know it is not a fancy apparatus, but it is a great cardio workout.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
In all seriousness, have you considered purchasing a jump rope? I know it is not a fancy apparatus, but it is a great cardio workout.
Yeah, i've tried jumping rope, and it's nearly impossible for me to keep my HR in the range i'm looking for 65%, or around 130 bpm.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

All I can say is practice the jumping rope, I suck at it and look nothing like Rocky when doing it but will try again one day, or go to a gym auction in your area and buy something there. That or just do some running outside (free) or just do some sort of aerobics like Tae Bo or just do pushups every morning for a while.....this may seem funny but I have a friend that I train on occasion and he pretty much just does Calethetics and I realized that he keeps his heart rate up for about an hour or more by constantly hitting the pushups so it takes care of his cardio needs as he is pretty lean. He just hasn't gained any size in a while but that is obvious since he hasn't been increasing "load" during his workouts.....but I am getting off topic.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Would a mountain bike work for you, not sure where you live but you can store it in your room and you can look for a fairly good priced one......I got one last yr at a good deal :)

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
how about the urban rebounder :lol:

I'd actually like to try that thing..it is pretty funny though. Might be decent for fasted state cardio for 15 minutes or so in the AM.