Unanswered Cardarine

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cancer risks aside, I’m surprised I’m not seeing more guys running this.
I started today 90% just to get my lipids in order, anyone notice any other effects with labs backing it up? This stuff is supposed to be pretty impressive health-wise and insulin sensitivity, nutrient partitioning and even fat loss to some degree. I’m going to keep a close eye on what I notice from it with labs, but I’d love to hear what anyone who has ran it has noticed.

Thanks

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Def great for lipids. Only reason i take. Cardio maybe seems a but easier with it. Otherwise im not sure i feel anything.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
90%?

I use it off and on for cardio improvement. I don't have any before and after labs.

I honestly think a lot of guys don't take it because they're afraid of the risk.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I run it every pct...helps with my endurance. Can't say anything about lipids. Will run it at 20mg in 2 weeks for 8 weeks total

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I run it every pct...helps with my endurance. Can't say anything about lipids. Will run it at 20mg in 2 weeks for 8 weeks total
Ive always hovered at around 200 on cholesterol, high 190’s. Usually high hdl too. But two rounds of bloodwork months apart on cardarine had me at 160 both times.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Can’t say much for the lipids but I’ve taken it from two sources. IRC and MA Research. I didn’t notice a dang thing from IRC but the MA stuff I could run forever. My work capacity was just insane.

Also just anecdotal but I noticed a large amount of fat loss towards the end of my run continuing into the weeks after. I guess it’s supposed to help your body prioritize fat stores as fuel? So it doesn’t “burn” fat but it does have a leaning effect in my experience.

I’m going to take it at the end of this 20 week blast and see how it helps my lipids

Personally I love it and would run it a lot more if it weren’t for the sketchy research. So I keep my dose at 10mg and don’t run it for extremely long times.

One more thing to note. I found myself feeling hypo at times when taking it. I didn’t have a glucose meter to check if I really was but some simple carbs would straighten it out.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bought 3-4 bottles of Primeval Super Cardarine years ago and it was insane for cardio and weightlifting endurance. I ran out within the last year and got some from a board sponsor and sadly got nothing out of it.

The only positive impact it has on body composition is that it keeps you slightly leaner. Nothing dramatic though by any means. I never tested my lipids etc while using it..

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I guess I’ll be the monkey since I have to get my lipids tested and stuff for TRT. I don’t get mine tested for a few weeks at least though but if it helps then **** it lol. Where’s this cancer research **** I need to read up on?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess I’ll be the monkey since I have to get my lipids tested and stuff for TRT. I don’t get mine tested for a few weeks at least though but if it helps then **** it lol. Where’s this cancer research **** I need to read up on?
It’s not that cut and dry and it gets quite convoluted....

Check out this thread..

Personally I think the cancer scare is overblown..

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know people hate hearing the fear mongering side of things, but the truth of the matter is, science doesn't really understand PPAR system in humans well enough yet to truly understand what things like GW-501616 etc full effects/downstream effects are.

Personally if lipids are the main aim of supplementing, while I don't suggest anyone go ahead and take this as advice to use. However, I would consider a "lower risk" research chemical pathway to target would be Thyroid Hormone Receptor Beta-1. Sobetirome doesn't cross the BBB and seems to act mainly in the liver and has very positive data for promoting lipid balance.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean I ran BPC 157 after surgery and I feel like that has more cancer causing abilities due to overstimulated blood flow to cells etc than this but who knows. I’ll give it a try. If I die I die lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can’t say much for the lipids but I’ve taken it from two sources. IRC and MA Research. I didn’t notice a dang thing from IRC but the MA stuff I could run forever. My work capacity was just insane.

Also just anecdotal but I noticed a large amount of fat loss towards the end of my run continuing into the weeks after. I guess it’s supposed to help your body prioritize fat stores as fuel? So it doesn’t “burn” fat but it does have a leaning effect in my experience.

I’m going to take it at the end of this 20 week blast and see how it helps my lipids

Personally I love it and would run it a lot more if it weren’t for the sketchy research. So I keep my dose at 10mg and don’t run it for extremely long times.

One more thing to note. I found myself feeling hypo at times when taking it. I didn’t have a glucose meter to check if I really was but some simple carbs would straighten it out.
Considering what it does with glycogen, I could totally see that. I noticed a massive bump in energy and stamina. So much that I could possibly have imagined it. I honestly had forgotten I took it and wasn’t expecting to see anything different so I didn’t imagine it.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually like some of his videos.
But I like what he said about the mice studies.
50x anything, including water or aspirin, will mess anyone up.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Considering what it does with glycogen, I could totally see that. I noticed a massive bump in energy and stamina. So much that I could possibly have imagined it. I honestly had forgotten I took it and wasn’t expecting to see anything different so I didn’t imagine it.
Same with my second run with MA. I didn’t expect much at all just wanted to give it another go.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know people hate hearing the fear mongering side of things, but the truth of the matter is, science doesn't really understand PPAR system in humans well enough yet to truly understand what things like GW-501616 etc full effects/downstream effects are.

Personally if lipids are the main aim of supplementing, while I don't suggest anyone go ahead and take this as advice to use. However, I would consider a "lower risk" research chemical pathway to target would be Thyroid Hormone Receptor Beta-1. Sobetirome doesn't cross the BBB and seems to act mainly in the liver and has very positive data for promoting lipid balance.
I saw this at Optim. Seemed like somewhat of a less suppressive T3

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My lipids were still **** after a 4 week run recently but I didn’t notice much from it at all. MAYBE a little better cardio but less than what I expected out of it

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My lipids were still **** after a 4 week run recently but I didn’t notice much from it at all. MAYBE a little better cardio but less than what I expected out of it
Was this your first run? Just wondering the source and if you could compare it to a previous run from a other source.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was this your first run? Just wondering the source and if you could compare it to a previous run from a other source.
It was my first run so unfortunately I don’t have anything to compare to.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was my first run so unfortunately I don’t have anything to compare to.
Yeah, it's a possibility that it wasn't what it was advertised to be.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have a UK based brand that’s g2g??? I fancy running this leading up to my marathon in 6 weeks

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have a UK based brand that’s g2g??? I fancy running this leading up to my marathon in 6 weeks
Musclerage.

On another note I have a few questions to ask if you don't mind , full marathon or half?

Old-timer runner or newbie and what's your training look like?

TIA!

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Musclerage.

On another note I have a few questions to ask if you don't mind , full marathon or half?

Old-timer runner or newbie and what's your training look like?

TIA!
I’m a new runner but an old timer (I’m 40). In February at 106kg I decided I could do a full marathon. I have gradually built up my distance and to date my largest distance is 21miles. Basically I mix up my week with steady 10k runs either on flat or trails, with anaerobic threshold training. On a Sunday I deal with the distance running which is usually about 14miles. I haven’t really been weight training for the past month now and along with intermittent fasting I’ve dropped to about 93.5kg. Hope that answers your questions my friend.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m a new runner but an old timer (I’m 40). In February at 106kg I decided I could do a full marathon. I have gradually built up my distance and to date my largest distance is 21miles. Basically I mix up my week with steady 10k runs either on flat or trails, with anaerobic threshold training. On a Sunday I deal with the distance running which is usually about 14miles. I haven’t really been weight training for the past month now and along with intermittent fasting I’ve dropped to about 93.5kg. Hope that answers your questions my friend.
Thank you, almost 40 myself too

Reason I asked is I'm 3 months out from my first full marathon. This past January I decided to switch things up abit with my mountaineering, road cycling and gym activities and add running/triathlon.

So far I've run a 5K, 10K, 2x half-marathon races (don't count the half-marathon training sessions etc) and a super-sprint triathlon (300m swim, 10K bike, 2.5K run).

Tricky situation to find balance with running, swimming, cycling and weight training...

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed major improvement in endurance, first time I ran, I was banging out 3hr lifting sessions like it was nothing. 2 yrs away from hitting the big 40, I considered this an accomplishment.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, almost 40 myself too

Reason I asked is I'm 3 months out from my first full marathon. This past January I decided to switch things up abit with my mountaineering, road cycling and gym activities and add running/triathlon.

So far I've run a 5K, 10K, 2x half-marathon races (don't count the half-marathon training sessions etc) and a super-sprint triathlon (300m swim, 10K bike, 2.5K run).

Tricky situation to find balance with running, swimming, cycling and weight training...

Keep up the good work!
That’s amazing stuff man. I’ve ran a few 5k and 10k races as just a bit of fun. I’m not a great runner but just thought ‘fuckit’ and you’re damn right about finding balance. I’m looking forward to concentrating on getting back to weight training g however that won’t be until after the marathon. Please keep me informed on your progress man. You’re absolutely beasting it 👏👏👏