Cardarine (gw501516) interesting read

Chimas

Awards
Yeah I have actually come across this article and I do see the overdosing in mice and rats. However, something that I have not read so far and that is highly interesting to me is: is that level of overdosing normal in animal testing?
Realtalk here: This stuff seems to be something you could earn a huge lot of money with. But then again: When ppl earn money, others lose theirs. E.g. ppl who made a lot of money with all the medicals, that would not be prescribed anymore. I consider pharma companies as greedy enough to continue testing if they don't have serious concerns...

I know that there has been a study with GW501516 with rhesus monkeys. Unfortunately, there is no mention about that in that article... has anyone the results from that? I would be very interested!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal testing is messed up and it's very unreliable due to different genetics and also that they dose it differently. I can tell you this. Gw has been around forever and there's no study proving anything bad. There are a ton of of the products around like ostarine which can cause a shutdown in testosteron production.You have aas with a ton of sides with studies to prove them. If we are willing to use compounds with obvious sides why are we afraid of using something that has been known to not cause sides ?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the read. This is a compound I have heard EVERYTHING about, but this definately puts another light on the real facts. I know its a completely different type of supp but kinda reminds me of creatine 2 decades ago. Everyone, including docs, running around yelling organ failure if your dumb enough to try it. This crap can make it tough to see through the weeds.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the read. This is a compound I have heard EVERYTHING about, but this definately puts another light on the real facts. I know its a completely different type of supp but kinda reminds me of creatine 2 decades ago. Everyone, including docs, running around yelling organ failure if your dumb enough to try it. This crap can make it tough to see through the weeds.
Who knows? Maybe I'm the future they'll find something but if we're ready to do things that are proven harmful why are we afraid to do something that's so far proven harmless?. All I know is that it's fantastic with tren and I'm general for the energy and the capability of burning fat.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Too bad that author has no idea how to convert rat dosages into hed’s..

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hehe well the guy is not any guy though. He's famous in the community and well respected.
Okay..still doesn’t know how to convert rat dosages into hed’s.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay..still doesn’t know how to convert rat dosages into hed’s.
The rats were using it their whole life. This compound is been around forever and there has been nothing proven from these studies

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The rats were using it their whole life. This compound is been around forever and there has been nothing proven from these studies
Not disagreeing with most of the article, just the dosage comparison, cause its wrong.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quoted from the article:

"Equally important are the variables of relative dose and duration of use. The rats in the study (there were actually two studies) were administered doses ranging from 5-80 mg/kg of bodyweight, per day With Wistar rats (the type of rat used in the study) usually weighing 1 pound or less, the following figures will be based on a rat weight of ½ kg (slightly over 1 lb). Using that figure, the rats were given a dose of GW ranging from 2.5-40 mg daily. Applying those same dosing guidelines to humans, an equivalent dose for a 100 kg male would be 500-8,000 mg per day. Most bodybuilders only use 5-20 mg/day, meaning the rat dose was 25-160X higher than what is normally used in humans."

They study standardises the dosage to mg/kg, meaning the rats didn't receive 5mg-80mg. So he did multiple by .5 to get the actual dose given to those fat af rat's LOL (however that figure is pretty irrelevant). He did not do the surface area conversion between rats and humans of roughly 6.2. So in reality the correct HED for a 100kg human is 80mg - 1290mg.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quoted from the article:

"Equally important are the variables of relative dose and duration of use. The rats in the study (there were actually two studies) were administered doses ranging from 5-80 mg/kg of bodyweight, per day With Wistar rats (the type of rat used in the study) usually weighing 1 pound or less, the following figures will be based on a rat weight of ½ kg (slightly over 1 lb). Using that figure, the rats were given a dose of GW ranging from 2.5-40 mg daily. Applying those same dosing guidelines to humans, an equivalent dose for a 100 kg male would be 500-8,000 mg per day. Most bodybuilders only use 5-20 mg/day, meaning the rat dose was 25-160X higher than what is normally used in humans."

They study standardises the dosage to mg/kg, meaning the rats didn't receive 5mg-80mg. So he did multiple by .5 to get the actual dose given to those fat af rat's LOL (however that figure is pretty irrelevant). He did not do the surface area conversion between rats and humans of roughly 6.2. So in reality the correct HED for a 100kg human is 80mg - 1290mg.
Perhaps but we also have to take in to account they used it their whole lifespan and that we just don't react the same to certain compounds. It's hard to be sure before we've lived 80 years or so.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have actually come across this article and I do see the overdosing in mice and rats. However, something that I have not read so far and that is highly interesting to me is: is that level of overdosing normal in animal testing?
Realtalk here: This stuff seems to be something you could earn a huge lot of money with. But then again: When ppl earn money, others lose theirs. E.g. ppl who made a lot of money with all the medicals, that would not be prescribed anymore. I consider pharma companies as greedy enough to continue testing if they don't have serious concerns...

I know that there has been a study with GW501516 with rhesus monkeys. Unfortunately, there is no mention about that in that article... has anyone the results from that? I would be very interested!
good read:

http://www.ergo-log.com/calculatethehumandosage.html

some articles on GW compare doses lb for lb from animals to humans, but that's clearly not right.