Carbs supplement

comandotech

comandotech

Awards
Thank you very much for your help. Friend Please can I tell you to replace the liquid carbohydrate supplements after training, because here are very expensive, so that maltodextrin?

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carbs are too easy to eat. I don’t see a point in supplementing.
Agreed for almost all use cases except maybe for athletes pre-event where a low osmolality carb source can provide fast digestion without GI issues (such as after a weigh in.) Other than that, food is cheaper, easier, and generally tastier :)

Ant2323

Awards
I’ve been using two different carb supplements recently. Like a protein shake it’s just a quick easy add to add to your existing diet. Currently I am using Super Carb by NutraBio and EFX Karbolyn. Both taste great. I will typicaly use 3-4 times a day adding 800 calories and 200g of carbs without ever feeling full or bloated

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
A large banana or a big handfull of raisins quite damn simple no reason to buy powdered carbs just eat some fruit with your shakes and get swole I ain't neva wasted money on those products and I'm 255 at 6 feet

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree as I can hardly believe there is a market for a carb supp. Seriously just go eat some raw honey, fruit, whatever you need.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always thought carb supplements were useless but I long time ago I used one which I believe was waxy maize. I really enjoyed it and gave me no bloat or anything. Had good energy in the gym too. The sale was buy protein and get a tub free , but it was so long ago and haven’t purchased one since.

I’ve tried coconut water and such but nothing felt like it. Usually just straight sugar will drop my blood sugar too quickly. That’s why I like most of the carb powders as they are a steady release yet digest very well

I still say it’s unnecessary and would save my money.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I always thought carb supplements were useless but I long time ago I used one which I believe was waxy maize. I really enjoyed it and gave me no bloat or anything. Had good energy in the gym too. The sale was buy protein and get a tub free , but it was so long ago and haven’t purchased one since.

I’ve tried coconut water and such but nothing felt like it. Usually just straight sugar will drop my blood sugar too quickly. That’s why I like most of the carb powders as they are a steady release yet digest very well

I still say it’s unnecessary and would save my money.
There are a lot of low GI carb sources in real food that won't spike. You just have to find what works for you depending on your training needs. Raw honey is always a good source for anyone as it's natural slow and steady release. This is why many people also take it at night to keep blood sugar stead through sleep.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a lot of low GI carb sources in real food that won't spike. You just have to find what works for you depending on your training needs. Raw honey is always a good source for anyone as it's natural slow and steady release. This is why many people also take it at night to keep blood sugar stead through sleep.
I can attest to raw , organic honey. Stuff is amazing. Can be pricey though lol

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used raw honey and beet root powder (in rice cakes) before stepping on stage last summer. CRAZY pumped lol and felt amazing.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can attest to raw , organic honey. Stuff is amazing. Can be pricey though lol
Not really compared to supps that are going to up the cost of anything substantially. You can buy it in bulk cheap and especially if you have farmers markets etc.

Sweet potatoes, kiwi, red berries of most any kind, jasmine rice, cream of rice/wheat, steel cut oats are also all going to be extremely cheap bulk and are lower GI.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Captain Crunch Berries is a good carb source

manifesto

manifesto