Carbs at breakfast and peri-workout only

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
A friend of mine has recently began eating his carbs only at breakfast and peri-workout. He has noticed a significant change in body composition over the past few months implementing this method.

Does anyone have any experience using this or a similar method?

Thanks!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine has recently began eating his carbs only at breakfast and peri-workout. He has noticed a significant change in body composition over the past few months implementing this method. Does anyone have any experience using this or a similar method? Thanks!
I added carbs in my post workout, been doing this for the past 8 weeks... Personally noticed nothing except I feel less hungry as I've consumed 25-30g carbs (dextrose)

But nothing else for me. Might be different if I used something like oats however. I'm going to be doing that once dextrose runs out.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did he make any other changes to his diet for his improved body comp?

Personally, I say eat your carbs when you'd like. Different people prefer different times for various reasons. It is one of those thing where if one is over thinking it, they are majoring in the minors.

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
He's in a small caloric deficit.

However, I have another friend who does the same thing, except he doesn't eat any carbs at breakfast either.

He has been doing this while bulking and managed to stay remarkably lean.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's in a small caloric deficit.

However, I have another friend who does the same thing, except he doesn't eat any carbs at breakfast either.

He has been doing this while bulking and managed to stay remarkably lean.
Staying lean is about calorie consumption. Eat your carbs when you wish.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did he make any other changes to his diet for his improved body comp? Personally, I say eat your carbs when you'd like. Different people prefer different times for various reasons. It is one of those thing where if one is over thinking it, they are majoring in the minors.
thats what I'm wondering. Many people grossly underestimate the amount of carbohydrates they really consume but once they decide to strategically place them at certain points of the day they will tend to measure them out and usually adjust the amount they eat.

I am not disregarding the significance of meal timing but total calories has a greater impact on body composition

FlyJay

Awards
Personally I consume about 15% of my carbs at breakfast. This helps get my body up and running for the day. I also eat carbs pre and post workout to give me energy and replenish what I lost during the workout. I think it's important to consume carbs throughout the day to fuel your body.