Carb Supplements

AfroPope

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey y'all,

Pretty easy one here. Starting the next three training blocks (12 weeks total to coincide with a 12-week cycle of test e), my coach has me eating an extra 150g carbs (in addition to the rest of my macros) before my highest-volume training day. This is usually Monday, so I'd be slamming down an extra 150g carbs in addition to all my meals.

Let's assume that I am going to have trouble eating enough to get 150g carbs from whole foods, though I will certainly do my best, with the caveat that this is a recomp cycle and I worry that maybe eating enough high-carbohydrate foods to hit that 150g number is going to cause problems for me on the calories front.

Any reason I shouldn't just grab some bulk HBCD from TrueNutrition? Is something like the 5% nutrition "Real Carbs" complex worth the price premium due to being from whole foods and lower GI? Anything else I'm forgetting, or anything in between? Looks like TrueNutrition has something called "ModCarb" that is similarly supposed to be whole food and low gi, but I know little about it. Help me out here.

Cheers!

OutOfStep

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is the point of having a coach if you have to come here to ask all this? Shouldn't they be the one advising you?

OutOfStep

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is the point of having a coach if you have to come here to ask all this? Shouldn't they be the one advising you?

AfroPope

Awards
  • First Up Vote
He didn't have strong opinions about the carb sources as long as I hit the target and I want to be more educated in any follow-up questions I ask him. Hell, I might even be totally fine getting it from real food and have no trouble at all! I think that as an ex-really-fat-guy I have a tendency to worry more about stuff like going over on calories, insulin, glycemic index, etc than I should. So, that's all. Just looking for input I can take back to him. Knowing my options never hurt.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mountain dog peri from true nutrition is good and I would prob pick over 5%

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HBCD is the creatine of carbs. It's awesome. Get it.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I swapped out dextrose type products for Muscle Feast Whole Oat Powder. Great source of carbs without the crash feeling.