Carb Load/Deplete

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't compete, but like to carb load/deplete, etc after my cut cycle like people do before competition to take pics to compare my progress. Here's a great starter article on the subject that worked good for me with some minor tweaks to suit me:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;?id=459329

This forum is a great addition to AM!

duckway

Board Supporter
Awards
Great read.. Thanks bro. Definately a good start to frame the pre-contest process in my mind.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know, Lee Priest doesn't carb load or carb deplete. He says it's too risky. Obviously not risky with respect to safety, he's talking about the possibility of coming in looking like crap (either bloated or depleted) is too high if you don't have absolutely perfect timing.

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
You know, Lee Priest doesn't carb load or carb deplete. He says it's too risky. Obviously not risky with respect to safety, he's talking about the possibility of coming in looking like crap (either bloated or depleted) is too high if you don't have absolutely perfect timing.
Yeah...I guess it's like so many things in lifting...there are things that work for some people and things that don't, but for me my first carb load/deplete after my cut cycle really brought out definition I didn't know I had :head: !

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Truthfully, the way he explains the process seems abit too drawn-out.. Done correctly, you can deplete and load in less time, and you won't lose muscle.. It only took me 5 days when getting ready for a show, then again I've done enough to know it gets harder each time to peak.. To me, it seems abit long to get shredded for afew hours, but if you're motivated and you're new to this, may not be a bad idea..

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I dont know much about the week before a show, but it did seem somewhat drawn out compared to others that I have read. It is however, a descent read to get familiar with how these things can work.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
check out what i reposted about sh-tloading by skip in this section

ugh this censor is killing me