ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello fellows!

Just wanted to log my experiences with Virtus, first time trying it, used formestane in the past, and I purchased the product. I am stacking it with 4 caps GenoFlex, 5g creatine monohydrate, 3g DAA, 9g vitamin C (3 doses), 9g Opti MSM (3 doses), Cod Liver Oil, and Fish Oil. Am on no anabolics.

I am on a modified ketogenic diet called Carb Backloading for those also interested in that diet style. You eat ketogenic throughout the day, and on the evenings you train, you are allowed a carb laden dinner. Calories range from 3000 to 3500 calories per day. My breakfast and lunch is just fats and protein. I test my ketone level often, so I am in ketosis every day, save the time period in the evenings when I splurge on carbs.

My goal is to gain lean mass, while generally remaining lean and dry, using Virtus in conjunction with cycling DAA, utilizing a hypertrophy training style.

I am about five days into my DAA, and I have dosed Virtus for 3 days now at .5ml per day. Dosing in the evening, and I plan at staying at .5ml per day to stay economical.

So far, it appears that I am slightly dryer, however, it could be placibo; my eyes wanting me to believe I am dryer. My joints feel a little dryer as well. Mood appears to be good, and stable.

My weigh in yesterday afternoon was 170 with shoes off. 5'10", and small bone structure. Last weigh in with BF percentage check was in June. I weighed about 150, and around 8 percent BF. I have been carb backloading since July now I believe, and prior to that I was doing a strict ketogenic diet.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight this afternoon was about 171lbs.

Will dose Virtus and DAA around bed time.

Hitting biceps now.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ketone levels at .9 mmol, which means my body is in a nutritional ketosis state. Dinner last nice was Orange beef, steamed rice, chicken breast, and vanilla ice cream. Breakfast and lunch is always ketogenic. Low to no net carbs for those meals.

Bicep workout consisted of
4 sets 8 reps straight bar curls (time under tension) 3 sets 3 reps 100lb straight bar curls. Dumbbell preacher curls, 4 sets, 5 reps, 45lb dumbbells. Hammer curls, 3 sets, 8 reps, 30lb dumbbells. Didnt want to overtrain, as I am lifting back on Sunday.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To test my ketones, I use a keto mojo.
20181012_171632.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Go bulk so you don't grow broke. Iron Legion, if you see this, if you wouldn't mind sending a bottle, so I can test 1ml daily, after my bottle, that would be the greatest :).
20181012_181819.jpeg

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed! curious though, why apply virtus as night? I may recommend apply in the AM

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is the benefit to applying in the morning as opposed to night? My thought is that while I am asleep, fasting, I should have testosterone output, and an AI close to that output would not allow some of the testosterone to convert to estrogen.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. in on this.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for coming along. I did have a mild headache last night, and now this morning. Probably due to the constant weather systems moving in and out.

I also have a sensitive right nipple, and surrounding area due to some gynecomastia, hoping it gets less and less sensitive by the day. It seems a little less sensitive after being on Virtus for 4 days now.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On a side note, GenoFlex, which is similar to Super Cissus, seems to work just as well. Reason I'm using that brand is because it has a couple extra ingredients in it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dinner last night was ketogenic since I did not train yesterday. Consisted of .7lb sirloin, topped with couple tablespoons of butter, dipped in about 6 tablespoons of queso, and to finish it off, I consume 2 tablespoons of butter.
20181013_193813.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I dont really consume any protein shakes, or post workout shakes, as I get my body weight, or more in grams of protein each day through food sources.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The anabolic breakfast. No carbs. Will top off with butter when I'm done with the plate.
1539521667979.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Post back workout pics.
Workout felt good, not too much joint pain, and looked decently dry.

BB bent over rows
4x6x205lb
3x8x135lb (slow positive and negative)

Pullups
4x6x45lb
3x8xBW (slow positive and negative)

Rope push downs supersetted with seated cable rows; 3 sets each.

One arm DB rows
3x6x90lb supersetted with DB shrugs 3x12x100lb
20181014_153736.jpeg
20181014_153912.jpeg

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the benefit to applying in the morning as opposed to night? My thought is that while I am asleep, fasting, I should have testosterone output, and an AI close to that output would not allow some of the testosterone to convert to estrogen.
I'm not going to answer this directly, as I want you to think about it a little.

at what point of the day is testosterone highest? and, when is estrogen highest?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not going to answer this directly, as I want you to think about it a little.

at what point of the day is testosterone highest? and, when is estrogen highest?
Wouldn't estrogen be the highest at the same time testosterone is the highest, due to some testosterone converting to estrogen? Curious. I have red testosterone is highest when you sleep. I have read it is highest upon waking. Can you give me more info?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
testosterone is highest in the morning, upon waking. estrogen is highest at night...why do you think that is?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That would be because of the aromatas factor.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
correct, aromatase binds to testosterone throughout the day, converting it to estrogen. if you'd like to manage the conversion of estrogen throughout the day, you would most likely want to use an AI while testosterone is high, and has yet to convert to estrogen. AI is relatively useless if testosterone has already bound to aromatase.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well thanks. I will apply upon waking!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is the half life of Virtus?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the half life of Virtus?
off the top of my head, I'm not sure (actually, not sure I've seen any studies on this)...but, the transdermal delivery system buffers delivery over 6-8 hours.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dosed Virtus at around 8am. Will notate anything I feel. Typically after applying it, my shoulder joints pop, but they dont hurt.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Excited to hit triceps an hour or two after breakfast this morning. Feel good this morning even though I went to sleep after 12, and was wakened by my toddler at 5am.

Dinner last night was a half rack of ribs, 10oz ribey topped with butter, a few rolls, backed potato with butter and cheese, and some steak fries.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone know if inner thigh area is a good place to apply?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tricep and shoulder workout complete. Had energy to keep going, but had done so many sets, not on AAS, so overtraining is a possibility. Was able to do weighted 90lb dips, and DB shoulder press today without little shoulder aches, which is a blessing because my left shoulder is a doozy. This is my first morning dose of Virtus, and I really enjoyed training today.
20181015_130258.jpeg
20181015_130052.jpeg
20181015_130152.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dosed Virtus this morning again. I think I like a morning dosage as opposed to night. Back still sore, Triceps sore, and shoulders sore. Feel pretty good this morning energy wise. Think I am going to have some coffee pre leg workout.

I quit pre workouts in general for the last couple months due to adrenal fatigue. Had been taking coffee and high stim pre workouts at the same time. Have been giving caffiene a break overall. Rarely even have coffee, but since it is still early, and I dont have work today, I think I will have some coffee.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Month ago my arms measured at about 14.5 inches. Now they measure at 15 inches right arm, and just under 15 for left arm. No AAS. Excited to see what happens in a month of being on Virtus and DAA.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
After a cycle of DAA, Vector looks interesting as well to continue to stack with Virtus. Goal is to just continue to gain lean mass, gain size. After I am at a size and weight I like, I may venture in focusing on strength.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wheels day. 200lb squats, 4 sets slow positives and negatives. Seated calve raises. Leg press. Leg extension. Leg curls. Feel stronger. More endurant. Few hours after dosing Virtus my right nipple area does not feel as sensitive.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cheftepesh1 thebigt Marms

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sounds like virtus is treating you well.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sounds like virtus is treating you well.
Did you take it yourself? Seems to treat me well so far. I expect it to work better the longer I am on it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you take it yourself? Seems to treat me well so far. I expect it to work better the longer I am on it.
yes, I have used it several times.

how long do you plan on using virtus?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm running it at .5ml per day, so 60 days, plan on buying again to run another 60 days at .5ml, and take it with Vector that I ordered.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Question for anyone following, is there a "best" location to apply a transdermal to maximize absorbtion?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Clavicle region and inner bicep work pretty darn well.

you don't want to apply in locations where there's significant sub q fat

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So basically not near the gyno under my right nipple. Got it.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For those interested in being able to do keto while also eating carbs, here is my afternoon ketone reading after having a spagetti dinner last night with toast, and ice cream.
20181017_140933.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weight 170 in afternoon, after using restroom. Peeing a lot through the night last couple of days. Hitting chest now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Weight 170 in afternoon, after using restroom. Peeing a lot through the night last couple of days. Hitting chest now.
I very rarely ever use prescription AI's....most good and effective otc AI's will definitely increase urination....I think of it as a good thing, tells me it's working!!!

btw-a place I've found that will help with chest fat is the rib cage, if I am using virtus .5ml twice daily one of the sites will be rib cage and other clavicle...the amount used is fairly small and ive found no need to rotate application sites.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Had some insomnia last night as well. That, and my toddler keeps coming in the room around 3AM. Hoping she breaks that bad habit, and I sleep well tonight. Chest workout was great.

DB press
3x7x75 (slow positive and slow negative)
1x7x70(slow positive and slow negative)
1x90x6
2x95x5

Incline DB press

4x8x50 slow and controlled reps

Laying DB middle chest press

Upper and lower cables

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have peed like 6 or 7 times already today. After dosing Virtus, mainly on ribcage area. No caffiene. Running on a few hours of sleep because of my daughter who wants to constantly attempt to get in my bed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have peed like 6 or 7 times already today. After dosing Virtus, mainly on ribcage area. No caffiene. Running on a few hours of sleep because of my daughter who wants to constantly attempt to get in my bed.
rib cage area is my personal favorite place to apply virtus…

lol, even though it's a pain in the rear end, the peeing is a good thing if you are trying to get the dry look, imo.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Love the dry look. And love to not have testosterone aromatize into e2; more test. I pray I get decent sleep tonight.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Love the dry look. And love to not have testosterone aromatize into e2; more test. I pray I get decent sleep tonight.
sounds good--good luck with the sleep!!!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Still applying .5ml to ribcage area in morning. Still taking DAA. Libido is up combining DAA and Virtus; guess I'm one of those that responds decent to DAA. Slept better the last couple days. Hit back Sunday, and triceps/shoulders yesterday. Both workouts were great, although I did feel worn both days from the previous week of messed up sleep. Overall feeling is good on Virtus. I can tell estrogen is lower, but not too low at this dose.