Carb Cycling Question

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I did a bulk over the winter, and am in week 8 of my cut and plan to go for 3 more weeks. I was able to get up to 174.5lbs morning weight over the winter and my last weigh in had me at 164.5lbs. I shed a good amount of fat in 8 weeks.

anyway my question is after my cut is done I plan to do maintenance till mid august, about six weeks.

Has anyone played around with high carb, medium carb, and Low carb days? this was something I was going to play with in maintnance before my next bulk.

better to use high carb days the day before legs or the day of? I have two leg days a week. One with front squats and deadlifts, the other with back squats and a stiff leg deadlift. Wanted to make the most of the carbs.

I can definetly feel the difference between 175 and 165 when hitting legs.

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I train upper/lower 4x a week and want to use the high carb days to benefit my lower days, medium carb days for upper, and low carb days for non-workout days. Just trying to figure out how to structure them and use them the day of or the day before.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I train upper/lower 4x a week and want to use the high carb days to benefit my lower days, medium carb days for upper, and low carb days for non-workout days. Just trying to figure out how to structure them and use them the day of or the day before.

Watch this, also check out his carb cycling for fat loss and carb cycling macros videos. Very informative and fairly easy to understand

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’ll check it out. I haven’t put much time into researching this yet. When I do my bulks/cuts I typically increase and decrease carbs each week till I hit my upper and lower limits. I never did any carb cycling. Can definetly feel the lack of carbs right now in my workouts. Not so much from an energy standpoint but defiently in the pump and overall strength.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn't overthink it. I tend to do more carbs/calories on training days versus off, but in the past have done a High/Medium/Low scheme with good results as well. It all comes down to goals and what you want to achieve out of it. Typically highest/higher days for larger muscle groups, higher volume days, or on the day with lagging bodyparts are common recommendations.

In you situation I'd just go highest on lower body days, medium on upper days, and low on off days based on what you seem to be looking for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 12
tbarrows Weight Loss 5
FilipeBR Weight Loss 21
soseg Weight Loss 6
faceman35 Nutrition / Health 2