Carb cycling effective while cutting?

Cokeboyz

Awards
Does anyone know if carb cycling actually produces better results while cutting? And what is the best way to do it. Any other tips on carb consumption are very appreciated

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not a professional but from what I've seen through trial and error is I get best results eating 150-200g of carbs on heavy lift days with 90% of them immediate post workout and 50g and under on off/cardio days...it's worked for me but we are all different bro keep that in mind

vassille

Awards
Does anyone know if carb cycling actually produces better results while cutting? And what is the best way to do it. Any other tips on carb consumption are very appreciated
better results than what?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carb cycling is definitely better than just cutting overall calories. Most carb cycling schemes though are a little funny (yet presumably effective) and employ high, medium, and low carb days. I've always just done high and low, which may have resulted in either a slower cut or less muscle retention for all I know. However in my experience it's a more effective cutting diet than a constant calorie deficit throughout.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
I think carb cycling make sense whether cutting or going for lean gains. My current plan is very similar to howwedo's. I have 185 gm of carbs on training days and 110 on non-training. If I were cutting I go lower and do a single recarb day.

vassille

Awards
Presumably better results than just cutting overall calories.
In that respect it's better. I cant say is the best but i agree in this case that is better than cuting calories overall.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like using carb cycling when I'm cutting because I find it to be beneficial. I do the high/low days depending on when I'm working out.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
What's the purpose of the medium day? as compared to just doing low & high carb days?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What's the purpose of the medium day? as compared to just doing low & high carb days?
Helps taper off carbs. I have a similar schedule of carb cycling. Where I only get two meals of carbs before going carb free the next day. That way I get a high carb day a medium carb day and then a zero carb. Well, i guess for some that is just high and low! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like using carb cycling to get over a stale weight loss period. Helps jolt my body back into fuel burning and gives me a nice lean look to keep motivating me to stick with my diet! I look forward to my high carb days if course, but the zero carb days aren't so bad when you see the results coming in!

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Carb cycling has worked really well for me.
I'm not even very strict.
I eat high carbs on workout days 350-450 grams, and I eat low carbs under 100 grams on non workout days.
I stay lean year round and even managed to put on about seven lean pounds in the last three months.
Keep in mind that a lot of dieting involves a lot of trial and error, what works for some may not work for others.
Good luck.
Peace

vassille

Awards
I tired carb cycling without much success a while back. Main issue that I remember was being weak and flat. Maybe it was just me.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Helps taper off carbs. I have a similar schedule of carb cycling. Where I only get two meals of carbs before going carb free the next day. That way I get a high carb day a medium carb day and then a zero carb. Well, i guess for some that is just high and low! Lol

Thanks! I was curious what affect tapering carbs had. Currently I alternate just on workout & non workout days..not sure exactly how I'd incorporate a 3rd option...

newbreed

Awards
I found carb cycling worked for me when I cut. Didn't lose strength while doing that which was the top reason I liked it. Lift heavy while dropping weight is awesome.