cant somach most protein powders? im not lactose intolerant

Zariph

Awards
cant stomach most protein powders? im not lactose intolerant

hey guys

Would really appreciate some help to why I can stomach most protein powders. also it makes it a alot worse when i do a shake, compared to when i just make it as a sludge.

Could some1 help me how this could be? Also do you have any suggestions to what I can do about it?

Im not lavtose intolerant at all, Im fine with all diary products...its just protein powder that screws me.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
nutra innovations just released ProSync with Rikkunsh1to, which aids in efficient protein digestion. I have the same issue with egg protein and this will help

Zariph

Awards
nutra innovations just released ProSync with Rikkunsh1to, which aids in efficient protein digestion. I have the same issue with egg protein and this will help
thx but im not looking for a new protein. Im just trying to figure out what can be the reaspn for my problem

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
hey guys

Would really appreciate some help to why I can stomach most protein powders. also it makes it a alot worse when i do a shake, compared to when i just make it as a sludge.

Could some1 help me how this could be? Also do you have any suggestions to what I can do about it?

Im not lavtose intolerant at all, Im fine with all diary products...its just protein powder that screws me.
what are you mixing with your protein and what type of protein are you consuming?

Zariph

Awards
what are you mixing with your protein and what type of protein are you consuming?
its the same no matter what..casein, whey concentrate, whey isolate..mixing with water or milk, same... I thougt that it could be some of the thickening agents in the powders maybe?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards

Zariph

Awards
dude..i said im not looking for a new protein and im not lactose intolerant..

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
dude..i said im not looking for a new protein and im not lactose intolerant..

I get that. I was giving you another option since you can no longer stomach protein shakes

Just giving you an option for you to figure out what works for your body bruh

Zariph

Awards
I get that. I was giving you another option since you can no longer stomach protein shakes

Just giving you an option for you to figure out what works for your body bruh
ok thx, bur rbh i got a few brands that i can stomach just fine..just wondering what it is that is doing it for me with most proteins

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
it makes it a alot worse when i do a shake, compared to when i just make it as a sludge.
I think the little enzymes you have get diluted too much with lots of water. Try taking digestive enzymes with your shakes, ones that are mostly for protein and do not contain betaine HCL as that would give you heartburn.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Do you experience digestion problems with other protein sources? How many scoops do you have?

Zariph

Awards
Do you experience digestion problems with other protein sources? How many scoops do you have?
havent tried any other types of protein supplement wise..its the same no matter one or two scoops

Zariph

Awards
I think the little enzymes you have get diluted too much with lots of water. Try taking digestive enzymes with your shakes, ones that are mostly for protein and do not contain betaine HCL as that would give you heartburn.
ah thx could try that...why would betaine hcl give me heart burn tho?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ok thx, bur rbh i got a few brands that i can stomach just fine..just wondering what it is that is doing it for me with most proteins
Maybe if you told us which proteins you could stomach, and which proteins you can't, we'd have a better shot at figuring it out.....otherwise, we just have generalities to go on and we're basically guessing.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
havent tried any other types of protein supplement wise..its the same no matter one or two scoops
I think Jiigzz is asking about any other sources of protein that you've had problems with, not just powders. Like beef, eggs, chicken, fish, milk, etc. Maybe you have a food that upsets your stomach whenever you eat it....

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Maybe if you told us which proteins you could stomach, and which proteins you can't, we'd have a better shot at figuring it out.....otherwise, we just have generalities to go on and we're basically guessing.
i did ask that but OP said its every protein, but this is a shot in the dark

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i did ask that but OP said its every protein, but this is a shot in the dark
He implied that, but if you look two posts above yours, he says he can stomach some brands just fine.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think Jiigzz is asking about any other sources of protein that you've had problems with, not just powders. Like beef, eggs, chicken, fish, milk, etc. Maybe you have a food that upsets your stomach whenever you eat it....
This!

Deleted member 238667

Your stomach might be off. Try some good probiotics to help break it down.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Go Vegan - Pea and Brown Rice. See what happens. And yeah, if your stomach is fine digesting a steak - I doubt enzymes or pro-biotics are the answer.

Zariph

Awards
thx for all the replies guys! Im fine with steak chicken milk etc etc...

Brands that I can stomach..tho sometimes onlu at 1 scoop :
Pes select
Iforce protean
Ai sports 100 whey..

some that I cant:
trutein
muscletech both iso and phase 8
Mts, some flavors a worse than others tho
BPI both iso, whey hd, best whey...BPI is one of those who hit me hardest
mutant pro100

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Pes select
Iforce protean
Ai sports 100 whey..

some that I cant:
trutein
mutant pro100
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU EAT A STEAK???????

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
what lol? I said im fine with it...its only whey protein
Sorry, didn't see where you answered that, my bad. I think it's all the fillers/sweeteners/thickeners. I'd like to see you try a 4 ingredient protein that contains only:

And choosing Natural Flavoring and Stevia. Don't ask, I can't tell you where on here even by PM. Google :)

Attachments

Zariph

Awards
Sorry, didn't see where you answered that, my bad. I think it's all the fillers/sweeteners/thickeners. I'd like to see you try a 4 ingredient protein that contains only:

And choosing Natural Flavoring and Stevia. Don't ask, I can't tell you where on here even by PM. Google :)
yeh thx man, also thought it would be something like that..will do a google search for this

Zariph

Awards
oh btw, stuff like Tr1umph and ergonine I can stomach just fine at 1 scoop...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well if you can stomach milk but not powders, I'd say that it is the added ingredients that cause an issue. #detective

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
See a doctor for food allergies testing, we're meat heads not gastroenterologists :p

Zariph

Awards
hehe thx a lot guys:)' was hoping that maybe some1 had the same issue and maybe figured out what was wrong

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Pes select
Iforce protean
Ai sports 100 whey..

some that I cant:
trutein
mutant pro100
Of the 3 you listed that are OK (PES, Iforce and AI) - can you rank these from best to worst?

I have a theory on what the order will be, want to see if it works, because there is one ingredient that is present in all but 1 of the products you list as hurting your stomach, and only listed in 1 of the 3 that you said don't hurt your stomach. And the one that you can't handle that doesn't have this ingredient has a lot of other ingredients that I think may hurt anyone's stomach, haha.

Zariph

Awards
Of the 3 you listed that are OK (PES, Iforce and AI) - can you rank these from best to worst?

I have a theory on what the order will be, want to see if it works, because there is one ingredient that is present in all but 1 of the products you list as hurting your stomach, and only listed in 1 of the 3 that you said don't hurt your stomach. And the one that you can't handle that doesn't have this ingredient has a lot of other ingredients that I think may hurt anyone's stomach, haha.
well, From best to worst
AI could do 2 scoops
Iforce was slightly easier on my stomach than pes..tho both were fine at 1 scoop

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well, From best to worst
AI could do 2 scoops
Iforce was slightly easier on my stomach than pes..tho both were fine at 1 scoop
I thought you might put Iforce as #1, PES as #2 and AI as #3.

All of the products that you mentioned hurting your stomach, with the exception of Phase 8, contain Xanthan Gum. Xanthan is a corn product, and Phase 8 does contain some corn ingredients, but also has stuff like baking soda, etc. which I think may cause some issues.

AI is the only product on your list that you can tolerate that uses Xanthan - so I find it interesting that you put that as #1. Iforce doesn't use any gums at all, and PES uses Guar Gum.

Many of the products using Xanthan also combine it with Cellulose Gum. I'd suggest it was a tolerance issue with the gums, since side effects of these ingredients include GI disturbances and flatulence, etc. - but the AI product throws that theory for a loop.

Zariph

Awards
I thought you might put Iforce as #1, PES as #2 and AI as #3.

All of the products that you mentioned hurting your stomach, with the exception of Phase 8, contain Xanthan Gum. Xanthan is a corn product, and Phase 8 does contain some corn ingredients, but also has stuff like baking soda, etc. which I think may cause some issues.

AI is the only product on your list that you can tolerate that uses Xanthan - so I find it interesting that you put that as #1. Iforce doesn't use any gums at all, and PES uses Guar Gum.

Many of the products using Xanthan also combine it with Cellulose Gum. I'd suggest it was a tolerance issue with the gums, since side effects of these ingredients include GI disturbances and flatulence, etc. - but the AI product throws that theory for a loop.
dude I was thinking the same. Ive tried making protein fluff with xanthan gum which really gave me the runs...but maybe AI uses a very little amount of xanthan gum?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dude I was thinking the same. Ive tried making protein fluff with xanthan gum which really gave me the runs...but maybe AI uses a very little amount of xanthan gum?
The ingredients listed in Protean have no gums though, so I don't know why two scoops would cause an issue? And if that's it, how is AI's better than IFN's when AI has it and IFN doesn't? Even if AI uses very little, it can't be less than none.... There really isn't much additional "stuff" in IFN's protein.

But I would try what the suggestion from Old Man - try the 4 ingredient protein and see how that works. It will at least narrow any issues to just 4 ingredients. It could be almost anything they have in common - ACEK, Sucrolose, whatever "Natural and Artificial Flavoring" is code for, etc.

Zariph

Awards
The ingredients listed in Protean have no gums though, so I don't know why two scoops would cause an issue? And if that's it, how is AI's better than IFN's when AI has it and IFN doesn't? Even if AI uses very little, it can't be less than none.... There really isn't much additional "stuff" in IFN's protein.

But I would try what the suggestion from Old Man - try the 4 ingredient protein and see how that works. It will at least narrow any issues to just 4 ingredients. It could be almost anything they have in common - ACEK, Sucrolose, whatever "Natural and Artificial Flavoring" is code for, etc.
appreciate the help man... only did 2 scoops with iforce once, and I guess i just was afraid that it would give me bad stomach, so maybe i couldve went with more scoops...but again, thx man

Zariph

Awards
maybe i figured it out...i dont react well to sucralose...maybe pes iforce and ai has very little amount of sucralose in them? but are there any good tasting whey proteins wihtout sucralose lol?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
APS IsoMorph has very little sucralose and tastes good.

BTerr54

Awards
hey guys

**** the protein bro just buy cartons of eggs whites and drink them, 7g of protein per quarter cup, you can just drink raw...doesn't even taste that bad

Zariph

Awards
**** the protein bro just buy cartons of eggs whites and drink them, 7g of protein per quarter cup, you can just drink raw...doesn't even taste that bad
this is what i do sometimes...its cost effective...i just like the taste pf protein powders tbh