Can't sleep past 4-5 hours wind up having to nap hours later.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
No matter what I can't seem to get more than 5 hours of sleep, usually it's 4 though. I get up I can't go bad to sleep, if I go to lay down I'm tired but can't sleep. I wind up having to have to wait about 5 hours until I can fall back to sleep, so I wind up napping..EVERYDAY. I even tired not napping and staying up all day yesterday, to try and reset my sleep pattern. Today I got 6 hours of sleep and I'm still tired and can't go back to bed. I've tired melatonin, it relaxes me to the point I can sleep at night but I still only get around 4-5 hours of sleep. Any advice?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Try:

5g Melatonin
150mg Picamillon
1g Phenibut
ZMA

That doesn't keep yah on bed...and I'll have to recommend something tougher.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Oh forgot to mention I had sleep moderate sleep apnea, but I no longer snore now. I lost a lot of weight and had a pileup removed but I think I still may have mild sleep apnea, but I'm not sure. I no longer use the cpap, because even though when I wake up I still always feel atleast alittle groggy, the machine doesn't seem to help much at all, where as it did when I was much heavier. I was around 260...a lot of that was fat. I still have a small gut but my bodyfat is way lower.

xsiv1

xsiv1

Awards
150 mgs of Picamilon is actually considered stimulating. 50 mgs of Picamilon is more often used for anxiolytic purposes, hence why it's offered in the varying amounts. Both Picamilon and Phenibut downregulate gaba receptors and you can easily develop tolerance to phenibut and even dependence requiring you to use more and more to get the same effect. Problem is, in higher doses, it also acts as a stimulant. I'd go and see your doctor and tell him/her about your issue. If this is a chronic problem, benzodiazepines may not be the right choice since they're also addictive and are to be used only in the short-term. You might get some relief from adding Unisom II at night and use it sparingly to lengthen the amount of time sleeping. It's one of the best otc hypnotics.