Can't figure out HCG dosing

Lacosanostra

Awards
Hi,

I'm trying to dose 500 IU/week for four weeks on the recommendation of a few informational resources online.

I have a small vial with powder at the bottom that says it's 5000 mcg. The vial also says reconstitute with 1 ml of bacteriostatic water.

I bought insulin needles, they say 1cc/ml which appears to be equal to 100 units.

How the heck do I dose 500 IU/week for four weeks? Do I even have enough?

Thanks.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
you have 5000 of hcg so it means that you can make 10 shoots 500 each , you have enough stuff for 10 weeks

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Order bacteriostatic/bac water and a sterile vial. Shoot 1ml bac water into the vial with the hcg (shoot into the sides of the vial, not directly into the powder). Draw the 1ml of reconstituted hcg into a syringe and transfer into the new vial. Add 4 more ml of bac water to the new vial. Now you have 5ml of solution, each 50 units/.5ml is now equivalent to 500mcg. If this is confusing, then just watch youtube videos on how to reconstitute hcg.

Lacosanostra

Awards
First of all, thank you...this has been the best explanation yet.

So how many IU is 500 mcg? Everything I've read has said to target 500-1000 IU/week and says nothing about mcg.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First of all, thank you...this has been the best explanation yet.

So how many IU is 500 mcg? Everything I've read has said to target 500-1000 IU/week and says nothing about mcg.
Im not sure tbh. It’s weird that your hcg is in mcg and not iu. Maybe somebody else can chime in with that.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Put 5 ml of water into vial, now it’s 1,000 w/e per ml,

1/2 ml will be 500 w/e .

Simple.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
My guess is that the vial (if UGL) is possibly mislabeled. People quite often confuse mcg and IU.

Assuming the vial is properly labeled...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/100038-converting-mgs-hcg.html#post1459278

FYI: 1mg = 1000mcg. 5mg = 5000mcg. Based upon the above link/post, 5000mcg of HCG is equivalent to at least 7500 IU.

Therefore, 500IU is equivalent to ~ 333mcg.

Carefully add 1.5ml of bacteriostatic water to the HCG vial. 100 units on a 1ml insulin syringe will then give you 3333 mcg. That means that 10 units (1/10th of the syringe) will give you 333.3mcg which, according to the above post, is equal to 500IU.