Candida

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wasn’t sure where else to put this, but pretty sure I’ve been dealing with Candida issues for a while (amongst my other issues), and after my doctor appt today and fungal/yeast causing angular cheilitis and same causing toenail infections, time to do something about it. I’ll be implementing a low carb diet again to fight, but unsure which probiotics and what other supplements would help to fight it. Anyone been through this and have any experience?

V

Vinny82

Awards
Many people deal with this and don't know, if you have ever been on antibiotics for any amount of time you probably have some candida overgrowth. I dealt with this along with Lyme disease, my doctor put me on anti fungal meds that you take daily, and a special diet, 0 sugar, starchy carbs, ect.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Candida is often an over-hyped topic. In "normal" persons it should not cause any symptoms/harm. Diflucan (fluconazole) is the drug of choice here.
Any "natural" systemic approach will have only marginal results, unless its an topical issue (Intertrigo, Vaginal candidiasis...).
If I had recurrent fungal infections, I would first check for diabetes.

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Get a good probiotic. I am in Canada. You have access to much more than I do. However, Flora (Udo's chorice) makes great probiotics and Evomuse Gut Health is highly recommended; however, I have yet to try it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get a good probiotic. I am in Canada. You have access to much more than I do. However, Flora (Udo's chorice) makes great probiotics and Evomuse Gut Health is highly recommended; however, I have yet to try it.
I have a bottle of Evomuse Gut Health (original from 2 years ago, not ultimate version) that’s been open for 6 months. Think it’s still good to go?

Actually, I think you said you were sick with die off for a while. How bad was it and what symptoms did you have?

B

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I have a bottle of Evomuse Gut Health (original from 2 years ago, not ultimate version) that’s been open for 6 months. Think it’s still good to go?

Actually, I think you said you were sick with die off for a while. How bad was it and what symptoms did you have?
I think its still good - maybe not as good, but better than nothing. Yes I did have Candida die off. Started about a week after taking pro-biotics and lasted about 3-4 weeks. The first two weeks was the worst. I felt like crap - flu like, but with lots of anxiety. Glad I went through cause I feel great now! My gut has been screwed up all my life I am pretty sure. Life is much better than it ever has been now. I am experimenting with different pro-biotics now.

T

ttortman78

Awards
  • Established
Probiotic recommendations from a "bodybuilding" crowd is not the best place to go. People who have taken tons of different types of the probiotics for health reasons with knowledge of certain pitfalls and in and outs will serve you better. Like for example certain people can't tolerate l. Acidophilus because it can cause lactic acidosis in certain genome types that can't process this well. Certain strains raise histamine as well(l. Casei). You could end up taking a probiotic and it could actually make you feel worse, you might think it is die off but it is actually one of the above. This topic is much more complex than just "take a probiotic". Trust me I've been there.