Can you draw and inject with a 25 gauge syringe?

evilsquidward

Awards
I'm getting ready to do my first injectables cycle. I see that a lot of people use different size needles for drawing and injecting with. I was going to buy 25 gauge 1" syringes, can I also draw with those just to make it simpler and not have to buy 2 different sizes? I know you would use a clean needle to inject with, not the same one you pierced the bottle with

evilsquidward

Awards
25 guage will draw up so slow. I use 19 to draw and 25 to pin
How long does it take to inject 0.6-0.7ml of juice? I'm running 300mg test E/300mg primo E, I need to take 0.6 - 0.7ml of each 2x per week. The carrier is MCT oil

brandonLPN

brandonLPN

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm getting ready to do my first injectables cycle. I see that a lot of people use different size needles for drawing and injecting with. I was going to buy 25 gauge 1" syringes, can I also draw with those just to make it simpler and not have to buy 2 different sizes? I know you would use a clean needle to inject with, not the same one you pierced the bottle with
Maybe I’m missing something, but if you wipe the vial stopper with an alcohol wipe before drawing up, why wouldn’t you just use the same needle? It’s still clean. We don’t switch needles when we inject patients in healthcare.

evilsquidward

Awards
Maybe I’m missing something, but if you wipe the vial stopper with an alcohol wipe before drawing up, why wouldn’t you just use the same needle? It’s still clean. We don’t switch needles when we inject patients in healthcare.
I was assuming due to contamination like maybe there are tiny particles on the needle from piercing the bottle, but ive seen a few people say that the needle will be duller and more painful to inject with

brandonLPN

brandonLPN

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I was assuming due to contamination like maybe there are tiny particles on the needle from piercing the bottle, but ive seen a few people say that the needle will be duller and more painful to inject with
Both true in theory. I’ve drawn up two different steroids into a single injection and all the piercing of stoppers does dull the needle a little. But personally it doesn’t hurt enough to justify wasting an entire needle. Especially if you’re pinning daily. Doubles the number of needles you use.

As for contamination, the needle is sterile when you open it from the package. If you wipe the stopper of the vial well with alcohol wipe before drawing up, it’s perfectly clean to use. It won’t be “sterile” in the absolute strictest sense of the word, but it’s sterile enough for all intents and purposes.

evilsquidward

Awards
Both true in theory. I’ve drawn up two different steroids into a single injection and all the piercing of stoppers does dull the needle a little. But personally it doesn’t hurt enough to justify wasting an entire needle. Especially if you’re pinning daily. Doubles the number of needles you use.

As for contamination, the needle is sterile when you open it from the package. If you wipe the stopper of the vial well with alcohol wipe before drawing up, it’s perfectly clean to use. It won’t be “sterile” in the absolute strictest sense of the word, but it’s sterile enough for all intents and purposes.
I'm going to try injecting into VG, because I've read some people get bad PIP injecting into quads and the glutes have more blood vessels/sciatic nerve. The VG looks like a small area though, what happens if I miss the VG and stab into something else?

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd draw and inject with two different needles. More worried about the dulling of the needle than I am with contamination.
Just gonna chime in here, I use #20 to draw (been on TRT for awhile) and #22 or #23 to pin. #20 is good to draw from 10mL vials with the silicone 'self-healing' tops. Anything larger the hole is too big and ruins the vials tops quick..

Some say, why not #25, #27, thinner is better for injection... Well not really always plunger pressure is a BITCH when injecting oneself with thin #25-27 slim pins, even if you get pricier thin/clear oil gear. Which if you want high concentration + low-solvents is pricey.. for quality sake.

For good oils, I find the sweet spot to be #22, #23 for injection - small enough to not damage much - but EASY to push the plunger in. I don't want that needle digging / moving around... because my hand is shaking trying to exert to much force on the plunger while the off hand holds position steady, etc.

In other words, if I can make a clean injection + push plunger smooth + and remove without pushing a bunch or moving the needle around = less damage to the muscle I just pinned, less scar over time with #22 or #23 gauge..
=
Now let's talk needle length for IM, seriously 1" is plenty, 1.5" I find to be too long _ usually extra shaft sticking out and I'm just holding the needle offhand. I mean I'm 6'2" and ~200lbs, how thick are people's skin/fat layers, seen some crazy long needles recommended for shoulders/glutes?

Last edited:

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I respectfully disagree. Perhaps I'm a wee bit of a pussy but 22 & 23 are like harpoons to me. I use 25g for quads and slin pins for tri's. Those are the two easiest spots for me to self inj. As far as length, I usually get the 1inch 25g's but the 5/8's are plenty long for my quads seeing that I don't have much in the way of fat there.

brandonLPN

brandonLPN

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m kind of surprised so many guys here use one needle for drawing and another for pinning. Not bashing it, it just never occurred to me. I’ve only ever used 23g so no problem drawing up and I don’t think they really hurt. As for the dulling of the needle, I think you’d have to penetrate the vial multiple times before you dulled it enough to make a difference you’d notice. Is there really a noticeable difference if you only puncture the vial once vs a fresh needle?

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m kind of surprised so many guys here use one needle for drawing and another for pinning. Not bashing it, it just never occurred to me. I’ve only ever used 23g so no problem drawing up and I don’t think they really hurt. As for the dulling of the needle, I think you’d have to penetrate the vial multiple times before you dulled it enough to make a difference you’d notice. Is there really a noticeable difference if you only puncture the vial once vs a fresh needle?
Needles are so cheap that I figure why take any chances. That was nice about the sustanon amp's from the 90's in that you didn't have to push through a rubber stopper.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you’re using a new needle every time, like in healthcare, it doesn’t matter. It’ll still be plenty sharp for a stick.
If you’re risky like me, I re use my needle for sticking 3-4 times.
So I use one for drawing, and a separate one for sticking. But their both the same size.
25g 3/4

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, if using one needle for both, it’ll get dull within 3-4 sessions. The rubber stop dulls the **** outta needles quick
But, no, you won’t notice it from 1 stick drawing, 2nd stick imj.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How long will it take to draw up 0.6-0.7ml of an MCT based oil with the 25 gauge?
Probably 15-20 seconds depending on the seal on the syringe. I use it for TRT (50mg of test cyp twice a week).
If your dosing more and or more often, this may not be reasonable for you.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really don’t understand how you guys manage to draw with anything smaller than a 23g? I tried with a 25g but it was impossible, now I use 18-20g to draw and 25g to inject but after I’m done with these I’ll get 23g to inject with, it’s just annoying to me.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really don’t understand how you guys manage to draw with anything smaller than a 23g? I tried with a 25g but it was impossible, now I use 18-20g to draw and 25g to inject but after I’m done with these I’ll get 23g to inject with, it’s just annoying to me.
All that juice has your patience nutz skin thin bro! 😂

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I respectfully disagree. Perhaps I'm a wee bit of a pussy but 22 & 23 are like harpoons to me. I use 25g for quads and slin pins for tri's. Those are the two easiest spots for me to self inj. As far as length, I usually get the 1inch 25g's but the 5/8's are plenty long for my quads seeing that I don't have much in the way of fat there.
I have some very thin Test E 300, from UK-UGL (southernghost), I might try a slin 25g quad.

I just tend to rotate delts and hip-glutes area (name escaping me right now, lol) like - perhaps I'm too pussy to do quad-jects :} It would be easier to sit down and calmly do quads (not sure why that freaks me out more than delts or gluts)? I have long-runner legs, perhaps know my quads need more thickness - hah.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I use to swap needles but now I rarely do, I draw and inject with 25g and 28 g same pin no swap. If I was drawing from multiple vials I may consider swapping to a sharp new pin

Noncompetitive

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Lol. I doubt I am the only one that this has happened to. But I had a 25g with a deca/test blend, 400mg /ml concentration. I injected too fast and blew the needle off and squirted 2 cc on my thigh. Lesson learned

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lol. I doubt I am the only one that this has happened to. But I had a 25g with a deca/test blend, 400mg /ml concentration. I injected too fast and blew the needle off and squirted 2 cc on my thigh. Lesson learned
I have never had that happen lol, was it a loose lurelok needle or just a cheapo that fell apart?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m always doing 2 or even 3 compounds in a shot on a blast, so I will always change needles for that, but if I am doing a single compound (and thus one syringe draw), you can use the needle with no difference. Like just my cruise test, I will draw & pin with a 27g slinpin.

All of my 3cc barrels I buy with 21g in the longest needle I can get and then swap to whatever size I need. 18g is fast AF but it cores the stopper up a bit eventually.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m always doing 2 or even 3 compounds in a shot on a blast, so I will always change needles for that, but if I am doing a single compound (and thus one syringe draw), you can use the needle with no difference. Like just my cruise test, I will draw & pin with a 27g slinpin.

All of my 3cc barrels I buy with 21g in the longest needle I can get and then swap to whatever size I need. 18g is fast AF but it cores the stopper up a bit eventually.
I still don’t understand how you guys manage to draw from anything smaller than a 23g?? I honestly think you guys are joking, just to make guys like me get “roid rage” from frustration from not be able to draw from a smaller needle 😂

I agree on 18g, it’s really easy to draw with but destroy the stopper after awhile.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Grab yourself a 5 or 10 cc syringe and a 50cc sterile vial. Place 1 18g needle in the stopper of the 50cc with no barrel attachment, that's your vent. Then draw up your various compounds to meet the dosage your look for and fill up the 50ml. Now you can just draw and inject from there.

So say next cycle I want test, mast, eq. I put 10cc of test 300, 10cc eq 300 and 10cc mast 200.

Now in my 50ml vial every cc has 100 test, 100eq and 66.6 mast per ml.

Obviously you got to do the math for whatever the compounds may be to equal out the proper dose that you're looking to get

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I still don’t understand how you guys manage to draw from anything smaller than a 23g?? I honestly think you guys are joking, just to make guys like me get “roid rage” from frustration from not be able to draw from a smaller needle 😂

I agree on 18g, it’s really easy to draw with but destroy the stopper after awhile.
I just drew and Injected with a 28g slin pin, took about 30 seconds start to finish. Mind you I'm only drawing 0.6ml at a time

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I still don’t understand how you guys manage to draw from anything smaller than a 23g?? I honestly think you guys are joking, just to make guys like me get “roid rage” from frustration from not be able to draw from a smaller needle

I just drew and Injected with a 28g slin pin, took about 30 seconds start to finish. Mind you I'm only drawing 0.6ml at a time
This is the answer @BBiceps; little volumes you’d use with the slinpin don’t take much time. Real shots, ain’t nobody got time for that.

Grab yourself a 5 or 10 cc syringe and a 50cc sterile vial. Place 1 18g needle in the stopper of the 50cc with no barrel attachment, that's your vent. Then draw up your various compounds to meet the dosage your look for and fill up the 50ml. Now you can just draw and inject from there.

So say next cycle I want test, mast, eq. I put 10cc of test 300, 10cc eq 300 and 10cc mast 200.

Now in my 50ml vial every cc has 100 test, 100eq and 66.6 mast per ml.

Obviously you got to do the math for whatever the compounds may be to equal out the proper dose that you're looking to get
I know a lot of guys do that, but I prefer to bump compound dosage individually. For twice a week, I don’t mind the extra 30 seconds to get the exact combo I want.

A lot of people who are prone to mathematical error or easily distracted may be better off that way though, keeps it simple. Or if you take a lot of gear it becomes more practical.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is the answer @BBiceps; little volumes you’d use with the slinpin don’t take much time. Real shots, ain’t nobody got time for that.

I know a lot of guys do that, but I prefer to bump compound dosage individually. For twice a week, I don’t mind the extra 30 seconds to get the exact combo I want.

A lot of people who are prone to mathematical error or easily distracted may be better off that way though, keeps it simple. Or if you take a lot of gear it becomes more practical.
I just like the simplicity of grabbing one vial and going into the bathroom instead of having to walk through the house with my big bag of drugs drawing attention that dad's about to go stick a needle in his ass lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just like the simplicity of grabbing one vial and going into the bathroom instead of having to walk through the house with my big bag of drugs drawing attention that dad's about to go stick a needle in his ass lol
🤣 so true

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol we have a master bathroom off the bedroom so I have the luxury of just shutting my bedroom door.

I think I enjoy lining up the little colored vials too

MatteoCPK

MatteoCPK

Awards
Yes, but if you’re ever loading up more than one compound into a syringe, you’re going to want a bigger gauge needle.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

On a blast what gauge do you use, still 27g?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
y'all keep talking about gauge but the length is more important imo. I would just use the smallest gauge with the length I want for injecting, and draw with whatever you like. I think you have to go to 25g for 1" but you could even use 29g for 1/2"

1/2" would be plenty for delts at least

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On a blast what gauge do you use, still 27g?
Totally depends on the shot. If it’s a single compound shot and I can fit it in 1ml or less, I use a 27g 1/2” slinpin. Like when I was doing Trest Ace daily, perfect. Or L-Carnitine, I use 28g 1/2” since it’s more like water.

Now that I am doing 2-3cc shots twice a week, I use 25g 1” for glutes, lats, or VGs in those. I have used that size in my delts fine, but often use some 26g 5/8ths instead. I have gotten away with those 26 5/8ths on my lats & VG with some extra pressure, but definitely prefer the 25 1” for them.

It’s preference, as long as you can hit where you are intending. I do always draw with a 22g now so I don’t core out the top of the vial like an 18g can. I have seen stuff floating around from using those before.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It'll take a bit longer to draw, but that's what I use because it keeps the stopper intact for longer... Especially since my trt is .25cc m/w/f which if I used 22 or 18 Guage needles shreds the stopper to death causing leakage when I flip it to draw. Just don't use your draw needle to pin, god that hurts(did that my first cycle because I'm an idiot)

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It'll take a bit longer to draw, but that's what I use because it keeps the stopper intact for longer... Especially since my trt is .25cc m/w/f which if I used 22 or 18 Guage needles shreds the stopper to death causing leakage when I flip it to draw. Just don't use your draw needle to pin, god that hurts(did that my first cycle because I'm an idiot)
ya I noticed this too but with peptides. I started mixing them with insulin small needles and it seems to maintain the vaccume seal

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ya I noticed this too but with peptides. I started mixing them with insulin small needles and it seems to maintain the vaccume seal
Yeah, I switched when I went to load up my vial with a bit of air and it started shooting test out the stopper LOL... I'd draw with slim pins if I could, but I tried that and it took 8 minutes to draw .25cc.

BobDigital

Awards
Just gonna chime in here, I use #20 to draw (been on TRT for awhile) and #22 or #23 to pin. #20 is good to draw from 10mL vials with the silicone 'self-healing' tops. Anything larger the hole is too big and ruins the vials tops quick..

Some say, why not #25, #27, thinner is better for injection... Well not really always plunger pressure is a BITCH when injecting oneself with thin #25-27 slim pins, even if you get pricier thin/clear oil gear. Which if you want high concentration + low-solvents is pricey.. for quality sake.

For good oils, I find the sweet spot to be #22, #23 for injection - small enough to not damage much - but EASY to push the plunger in. I don't want that needle digging / moving around... because my hand is shaking trying to exert to much force on the plunger while the off hand holds position steady, etc.

In other words, if I can make a clean injection + push plunger smooth + and remove without pushing a bunch or moving the needle around = less damage to the muscle I just pinned, less scar over time with #22 or #23 gauge..
=
Now let's talk needle length for IM, seriously 1" is plenty, 1.5" I find to be too long _ usually extra shaft sticking out and I'm just holding the needle offhand. I mean I'm 6'2" and ~200lbs, how thick are people's skin/fat layers, seen some crazy long needles recommended for shoulders/glutes?
I just came here to necro-bump this post and say it helped me out a lot... I had been trying to push test/primo/deca through a 25g and had the plunger pressure issue like crazy. I had to put an incredible amount of force on the plunger and felt like there was high probability that the needle was moving a lot. I read this and switched to 23g and the problem disappeared... smooth as butter.

As another detail, I find the plunger pressure is fine with a 25g using a 1cc barrel; it's when I need 3cc or 5cc that it becomes a problem and I need to switch to 23g.

Hope this helps somebody else as well.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just came here to necro-bump this post and say it helped me out a lot... I had been trying to push test/primo/deca through a 25g and had the plunger pressure issue like crazy. I had to put an incredible amount of force on the plunger and felt like there was high probability that the needle was moving a lot. I read this and switched to 23g and the problem disappeared... smooth as butter.

As another detail, I find the plunger pressure is fine with a 25g using a 1cc barrel; it's when I need 3cc or 5cc that it becomes a problem and I need to switch to 23g.

something else that really helps - put the vials in your waste band for 5-10 minutes to get them to body temp before drawing and injecting - this actually really helps warm them up in lower viscosity so that they draw and inject easier 💪

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Gotta strengthen those plunger pusher digits.