can you do 1 cycle of testosterone a year and have more gains year round than a natty

H

heyboy

Banned
Awards
how long can you keep your gains with good training and diet (and good pct)

do people that did steroids before but have been natural for 3 years still have any benefits that naturals dont have? (any kept gains etc.?)

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Possibly.

But its moot, really, cos 99.99991% of users will not do only one cycle per year. Unless that cycle is like 10 months long.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got a buddy that regularly does 6 months on from March to August and off the rest of the year and I'd say he keeps about 75% of it while off, not as vainy and ripped but doesn't loose much size either. He runs more then test tho

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
its totally dependent on how close you are to your body's natural limit.

If someone who is way far away, assuming solid diet and training off cycle, runs a cycle, most likely they will maintain most of it since their body is built to support that level of muscle.

For someone who goes above their natural limit (99% of people aren't even close), they would not be able to maintain much, if any. Their body simply cannot support it. For reference, simply look at any pro bodybuilder or even high level physique competitor. They will always lose significant size and shape after stopping since a human body is only built to maintain so much muscle with natural hormonal levels.

H

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On top of all this, some people end up losing more muscle than they started with due to poorly planned PCT. On the advice of a board member (who has had some controversial recommendations to say the least), I have started running a serm on cycle. So far, it has made sides more tolerable. I had gotten to where I couldn't stay on a cycle for longer than a week due to terrible brain fog and insomnia. After adding in a serm, it has made a significant difference. Still some lethargy and fog, but not nearly as severe, and it supposedly makes recovery quicker post-cycle, as well. Hard to argue with results.

Just my experience...

H

heyboy

Banned
Awards
what do you guys recommend if i want to do it as safely as possible (with alot of discipline)

how often should i cycle? and what should i use (only test) ?

ps:not gonna use anything before im abit older

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
what do you guys recommend if i want to do it as safely as possible (with alot of discipline)

how often should i cycle? and what should i use (only test) ?

ps:not gonna use anything before im abit older
If you're willing to pin, I would start with a cycle of test only, something like 500mg a week for 12 weeks. After that, run a 4 week PCT with a SERM. 12 + 4 = 16, so take 16 weeks off after PCT before starting another cycle.

To be even more safe, you can get a comprehensive blood panel done before you start the next cycle and be willing to possibly postpone your start date if something in your results indicates that you may not have fully recovered.

H

heyboy

Banned
Awards
If you're willing to pin, I would start with a cycle of test only, something like 500mg a week for 12 weeks. After that, run a 4 week PCT with a SERM. 12 + 4 = 16, so take 16 weeks off after PCT before starting another cycle.

To be even more safe, you can get a comprehensive blood panel done before you start the next cycle and be willing to possibly postpone your start date if something in your results indicates that you may not have fully recovered.
thanks for your response,

if i did a 12 week cycle (first cycle) of test, and did a 4 week proper pct. if i stayed natural 1 year after pct ended, how much gains would i keep from that cycle if i keept my training and diet in check? (would i keep any gains) ?

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established

if i did a 12 week cycle (first cycle) of test, and did a 4 week proper pct. if i stayed natural 1 year after pct ended, how much gains would i keep from that cycle if i keept my training and diet in check? (would i keep any gains) ?
Assuming all those things, there is no reason why you shouldn't keep most of your gains.

M

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Remember people do multiple cycles for a reason. You don't keep all of it. If you did after 4 cycles you would be done for life, lol.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dont overlook the psychological factor, OP. Id go as far as saying it is THE main reason most first timers become regular pinners, despite any initial "good intentions".

H

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Remember people do multiple cycles for a reason. You don't keep all of it. If you did after 4 cycles you would be done for life, lol.
I agree with this. I'd argue you would end up losing most of it after a year, eventually reverting back to your natural build.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
As usual I agree with Boonman and Nac. At 5ft 9 you can easily hold 220lbs (depending on genes), but it can't, nor was it built to hold 270lbs of muscle. Two cycles a year and you are golden imo. Like 12 weeks and 12 weeks. There are others ways, I like this one.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established

I'm gonna be honest.... if you did a 12 week cycle there's no way I would consider a 4 week PCT "proper."

for shorter cycles, I typically recommend 6 weeks, and for medium, 8 weeks.

there's no reason to rush PCT, and shortchanging it is part of the reason why people don't maintain their gains.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
its totally dependent on how close you are to your body's natural limit.

If someone who is way far away, assuming solid diet and training off cycle, runs a cycle, most likely they will maintain most of it since their body is built to support that level of muscle.

For someone who goes above their natural limit (99% of people aren't even close), they would not be able to maintain much, if any. Their body simply cannot support it. For reference, simply look at any pro bodybuilder or even high level physique competitor. They will always lose significant size and shape after stopping since a human body is only built to maintain so much muscle with natural hormonal levels.
yup.

I will admit, you might lose the gains slowly and might be able to maintain them most of the rest of the year, but I think what would end up happening, is that the user would simply be re-gaining the same mass year after year. which might be okay for some people, I guess...

FWIW, there is some research right now into how permanent the gains are from AAS/PEDs, but I think that we're looking at a very small percentage....

http://www.ergo-log.com/testosterone-propionate-can-have-permanent-effect-on-muscles-animal-study.html

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yup.

I will admit, you might lose the gains slowly and might be able to maintain them most of the rest of the year, but I think what would end up happening, is that the user would simply be re-gaining the same mass year after year. which might be okay for some people, I guess...

FWIW, there is some research right now into how permanent the gains are from AAS/PEDs, but I think that we're looking at a very small percentage....

http://www.ergo-log.com/testosterone-propionate-can-have-permanent-effect-on-muscles-animal-study.html
There is heaps on AAS and myofibrillar hyperplasia, I remember reading through studies when I was at uni nearly 20yrs ago. Increasing myofibrillar density using AAS permanently enhances response to resistance training, even in subjects who did not train during cycle.

H

heyboy

Banned
Awards
There is heaps on AAS and myofibrillar hyperplasia, I remember reading through studies when I was at uni nearly 20yrs ago. Increasing myofibrillar density using AAS permanently enhances response to resistance training, even in subjects who did not train during cycle.
you think its benificial to do 1 cycle then be natty, or just be natty?

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Look once you do one cycle, the way it makes you feel and the fast gains will have you coming back. End of. Why just do one cycle? You think you could get exactly how you want to look with one cycle then go for it but I doubt that you could. Once you look good, you could always look a bit better haha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your looking for someone to say yes and the answer is no unless your busting ass year round trying to continue to make gains off cycle . 1 12 week cycle a year is not going to make a big difference for 99% of ppl

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
yup.

This is a good (and much shorter :lol: ) read as well. Thank you.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember years ago I refused to touch supplements, figured they a waste of money and food was king. Then one day I thought fuk it Ill just try a pre workout, for te pumpz and energys.

Now, 5 or so years on, Im injecting AAS on the regs. Lol. Im fairly confident this snowball effect is not unique to me.

Dont for a minute fool yourself into thinking you will "only do one cycle", be it per year, or ever. Once you open the door to non-food-body-improvers, theres no "just this once".

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have never met a single person who did 1 cycle only unless they just finished there first

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Let's be honest if you're thinking about it chances are you're gonna do it. Just do some research has a solid PCT and be careful. If you have everything in order and don't over do it, I personally don't even think it's health hazardous in the slightest compared to things like drinking regularly

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matt Porter is doing pretty well being on trt for the last year with test levels in the 500-800ng/nl. Holding about 240lbs and 6%bf. With some small other support supps but nothing out of this world (2iu script GH and 5iu humalog peri workout)

But he's meticulous with diet, training and cardio.

gannicus419

gannicus419

Awards
If your diet, training, sleep, and PCT are on point. Yes you can keep your gains even years later. It's been found that after only your first cycle. Muscle nuclei increases, Muscle density can increase for very long periods of time.
For example my brother did 1 cycle of 1-AD. 15 years ago. He gained size and density. He rarely works out anymore, has lost size..But his body has never been the same after the cycle (just generally stronger and dense muscles) his last blood work came back with no issues.
Not saying this happened for everyone. But I've seen it happen many many times

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
PCT! PCT! PCT! Very important. I think the great Dom Mazetti said it best; "it's like winning at the table in Vegas except you can never cash out. All you can do is keep playing"!

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If your diet, training, sleep, and PCT are on point. Yes you can keep your gains even years later. It's been found that after only your first cycle. Muscle nuclei increases, Muscle density can increase for very long periods of time
But if you're still a noob your training will not be on point. Hence experienced users saying you shouldn't jump on a cycle too early, either early in life or early in training career. If you've only been in the gym a year or so you haven't got a clue how to train hard, but if you've done the last 3 months of it on 600mg test a week your going to be over what any natty will achieve in 3 or 4 years. But have no idea how to maintain it.

The way I see it is you will always go back to (near to) the body you would eventually have got with diet/training/rest/lifestyle regime you are currently doing.
To maintain your body at a certain level takes a certain level of training/diet/rest no matter how you get it there. The problem is if you don't get there natty you don't know how to stay there natty.

Changes in numbers of muscle nuclei may help keep gains longer and hold a little more size. If you've got a physical job that will also be a factor in keeping gains without either the drugs or training required to get them.

There may well be a (dodgy USA stylee) level of "TRT" that will keep you there, but as anything over 125mg (at the most, 100mg is more realistic) test per week isn't real TRT that's a moot point, all people on 250mg per week are really doing is living on low cycle, especially if they're on an AI as well, the AI proves they're on a cycle!

Last edited:
gannicus419

gannicus419

Awards
I know that argument and believed in it for many years. It's what many of the veterans say. But from my own experiences and those who I have befriended. (Majority of my friends as well as myself are AAS users)
I've seen how it can affect the dedicated lifters -to- the uninspired newbies looking for that shortcut.
I wouldn't suggest a newbie jump on AAS.
But from what I have seen, it can have a very long lasting effect on their physiology, whether they continue lifting or not.
The studies/articles posted above touch on this.