Can we keep threads in the supplement section ABOUT supplements please!!!

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Over the past few months i've seen several threads that originally started as supplement questions or news announcements turn into political arguments and vaccine/vaccination disputes. We are ALL entitled to our own views and opinions.

No matter what side of the aisle you fall on or your views on vaccines, these conversations do not belong in the supplement section of the forum. There is a general chat forum that was created just for these type of conversations.

While its extremely important in today's world to stay up to date about current events, its also important for us to remember why this forum was created. To interact with others who have a love of fitness, bodybuilding, and health and wellness.

Many of us use exercise and working out as a way to escape the world, and this forum allows us to ask questions that can help us in our body goals. This is the passion that brought us here in the first place, and would like to see us get back to that. Love all of you, and wreck some plates today

Last edited:
mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't like it, don't click. I didn't see your feelings above stop you from joining in on the discussion.
so you haven't seen me say several times these convos dont belong im the supplement forum? Cause its easy to verify that. And to your point, I don't click it, I click a thread about someone asking about a form of creatine and am rewarded with a post about government genocide. I dont take issues with the convo, as you said I engage in them, I take issues with them happening in tje supplement section. You're saying thats unreasonable?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't experienced that, no. The only threads that have that are ones that concern other issues, like roden's death, and 'my wife has covid'. It's silly to think those conversations, which involve supplements, will not also contain mention of overarching issues.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't experienced that, no. The only threads that have that are ones that concern other issues, like roden's death, and 'my wife has covid'. It's silly to think those conversations, which involve supplements, will not also contain mention of overarching issues.
i've been on this forum for several years, hardly ever have i seen a thread that does NOT get derailed.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It also happened in the turk thread but the comment was deleted. The creatine think was a REAL thread that im guessing the OP deleted
i've been on this forum for several years, hardly ever have i seen a thread that does NOT get derailed.
Threads get derailed all the time. But usually derailed by something distantly related to the topic.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We used to try to keep PHF organized. It took a rotating roster of about 10 mods at least 1-4 of whom actively moderating 24/7.

And sh!t still got off track all the time and any time you tried to keep it on track, people would cry "censorship!"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ever seen a real life conversation not derail at a certain point? That’s how life works. It’s silly that on a forum everything has to be so tight up in the butt
guns sex and politics...no matter how my real life convos start out-that is usually where they end up at, :ROFLMAO:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So is this where I ask about the best protein powder or the best place to buy a pistol?

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
We used to try to keep PHF organized. It took a rotating roster of about 10 mods at least 1-4 of whom actively moderating 24/7.

And sh!t still got off track all the time and any time you tried to keep it on track, people would cry "censorship!"
This is why we can't have nice things.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I tried my best not to derail threads on PHF.

OK, that's not true at all.
I blame Finerman. You were just an innocent kid who got caught up in it all.