Can someone point me in the right direction for a good military l

ebarrett50

Awards
I want something with pushups, sit ups, pull ups, but I also want to gain a little weight in muscle as well. I have been training for only body weight exercises for the past two years. I am in need of a good program that throws in some lifting as well. I will rep for routines whether I choose to do it or not

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
stronglifts 5x5

PROness

Awards
Rippetoe's starting strength

If anyone says wendler's 5/3/1... Don't listen to them they're probably trying to get you killed or they're just retarded. :/

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Rippetoe's starting strength

If anyone says wendler's 5/3/1... Don't listen to them they're probably trying to get you killed or they're just retarded. :/

5/3/1 is a good program.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
starting strength, stronglifts 5x5. are you currently in the military if so you're doing plenty of bodyweight exercises and cardio at pt I'd suggest keeping the frequency moderate no more than 3 or 4 lifting days a week to avoid overtraining. you could do something like: day 1 chest & back, day 2 off, day 3 lowerbody, day 4 off, day 5 shoulders and arms this is similar to what I did while I was in and it worked well for me got my pt test score up to 325.

ebarrett50

Awards
starting strength, stronglifts 5x5. are you currently in the military if so you're doing plenty of bodyweight exercises and cardio at pt I'd suggest keeping the frequency moderate no more than 3 or 4 lifting days a week to avoid overtraining. you could do something like: day 1 chest & back, day 2 off, day 3 lowerbody, day 4 off, day 5 shoulders and arms this is similar to what I did while I was in and it worked well for me got my pt test score up to 325.
That's great because I ended up choosing SL 5x5. I like it a lot except this morning I effed up and did 5x5 DL instead of 1x5. I am not in the military yet but I will be soon. I'm currently a junior in HS

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
5/3/1 is a great program, you can expect gains every month if you do it right.
5x5 is awsomely simple too
layne nortons phat training is pretty fun, but its very intense
also look into dogcrapp training. wont be fun with the bodyweight exercises, but itll tear you up on the free weights

PROness

Awards
Ahhhh how I despise linear progression.

Periodization Ftw

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh how I despise linear progression.

Periodization Ftw
Why do you despise LP? It is the fastest way for a newb to make strength gains.