Can someone please tell me what an MAOI inhibitor is??

bishop17

Banned
Awards
Cause I;m about to take paravol and it says to make sure i'm not taking a product with that in it......Just don't wanna fuk myself...thank you

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
Cause I;m about to take paravol and it says to make sure i'm not taking a product with that in it......Just don't wanna fuk myself...thank you
It's a type of antidepressant medication that a doctor would prescribe to you for treating depression or sometimes other mood/personality disorders.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
it would make stimulants very strong and very long lasting, in a dangerous way. if u dont know what it is, your not taking one, so u should be fine.

oafyc

Awards
While on this subject...does anyone know what kind of supplements I should not take with a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor?

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
While on this subject...does anyone know what kind of supplements I should not take with a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor?
I would say be wary of any stimulant type product or things that make any kind of reference to doing something with your mood. Things with l-dopa or similar stuff that manipulates levels of neurotransmitters in the brain I would say are risky also.

To give you an idea of supplements that shouldn't influence your mood or interfere with those medications, here are some examples:

Creatine
Multi Vitamin/Mineral
Amino Acid type supplements
ZMA
Digestive or Systemic Enzyme blends and probiotics

I can't think of too much outside these that is significantly beneficial. But if it's not in that above list, there's likely some risk of it having some side effects that aren't pleasant if you're prone to mood/personality disorders and taking medications for it.

oafyc

Awards
Thanks.

My planned cut included RPN DCP and Reset AD. Would those be ok? The Reset AD is the only reason I'm not taking any stims so I hope it would be ok.

bitterplacebo

bitterplacebo

Awards
  • Established
I'm not qualified to say definitely, but I think you'll be ok with those two.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
any supps that increase the amount of neurotransmitters. ie l-dopa and possible things like ephedrine because it is so much like norepinephrine. actually what drug r u on?

oafyc

Awards
any supps that increase the amount of neurotransmitters. ie l-dopa and possible things like ephedrine because it is so much like norepinephrine. actually what drug r u on?
Cymbalta