Can someone please explain....?

vicmack777

Awards
To me why a methylated PH is considered a steroid. I was just curious and wanted to read up on it. If someone could quickly explain or give me a link, i'd appreciate it.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
To me why a methylated PH is considered a steroid. I was just curious and wanted to read up on it. If someone could quickly explain or give me a link, i'd appreciate it.
I don't think all methylated Ph's are considered steroids. The reason M1t is considered a steroid is b/c 1 test doesn't need to convert to anything in the body. This is also true in regards to regular 1 test.

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
so regular 1-test is considered a steroid?
1-test is a steroid.
It always has been considered a steroid. It just slipped through some hoops. It has been around for awhile. Since the 60's to the best of my knowledge.

vicmack777

Awards
1-test is a steroid.
It always has been considered a steroid. It just slipped through some hoops. It has been around for awhile. Since the 60's to the best of my knowledge.
I would just like to know why it is considered a steroid.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like pjflynn said, there is no conversion process like there is with prohormones. 1-test is a hormone, rather than something that the body converts into a hormone (prohormone).

Obviously, 1-test is still generally regarded to be in the same 'class' as prohormones, probably because a) it's currently legal, and marketed alongside PHs, and b) it doesn't tend to yeild gains that match it's illegal cousins. i.e. if you were to go onto some other board's steroid forum and post a log about your 1-test cycle, you'd be flamed to hell and back! ;)

That's about all I've got - if you need a more technical answer, I'm sure there are plenty of members here that can deliver.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
it's largely semantical and legal.

fwiw, ALL prohormones ARE steroids. heck, so is CHOLESTEROL.

however, under the LAW, prohormones are not steroids.

so, one has the chemical definition, the legal one, the layman's one, etc.

and they may intersect.

for the purposes of chemistry, m-1-t IS a steroid.

for the purpose of legality, it is not.

hth

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
The basics are: a compound is a prohormone or prosteroid if it has to convert via enzymes in the body to an "active" steroid. If it doesn't have to convert, it is a steroid. It really is that simple.

ManBeast

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
it is really not THAT simple. it depends on which definition one is using.

legal, chemical or what

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought that PROSTEROID meant just that it is the legal version of a hormone that doesn't require conversion, in contrast to the PROHORMONE that requires conversion.

Am I wrong on this?

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
N4cer. basically, yes.

but these terms are as much about marketing as they are about chemistry.

let's be clear. CHEMICALLY speaking, ALL prohormones are steroids.

here is the definition of steroid from a medical dictionary...

"A group name for lipids that contain a hydrogenated cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene ring system. Some of the substances included in this group are progesterone, adrenocortical hormones, the gonadal hormones, cardiac aglycones, bile acids, sterols (such as cholesterol), toad poisons, saponins and some of the carcinogenic hydrocarbons. "

CHEMICALLY speaking, prohormones ARE steroids. as are steroids "proper". as are prosteroids. heck, so is cortisone (corticosteroid).

it's a matter of which definition you choose to use. yes, andro is a steroid (chemically speaking). so is CHOLESTEROL. better ban eggs. :)