Can someone help explain my bloodwork results?

Snowboard2997

Awards
I had 2 rounds of bloods done, about a month apart. The first bloodwork I did was test and total estrogen levels. My test was kinda low and my estrogen was high. I'm a 23yr old male fyi. The second bloods I got done showed my test levels at a more normal place but my e2 was very low.

What I dont understand is how my e2 can be that low while my estrogen levels were out of range. Granted, i tried to take both bloods at around the same time while trying to keep variables to a minimum. The only real difference between the 2 blood tests was for the first one with the high estrogen and low test I was on nofap, and the second one I wasn't doing that anymore

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
First and foremost, the way you posted the labs does not facilitate much feedback. You would be better off typing out the value and range for people to comment if you can't post pics directly to the thread.
Second, timing is very important as hormone levels fluctuate.
Third, a total estrogen test measures estradiol, estriol, and estrone. Think of it like a total cholesterol test result, where you are working with multiple components that comprise the total. In your example, the e2 can be low while the other 2 components are making the difference to get the total high.
Did you take the test for curiosity or because you are developing gyno? If so, based on this limited data set, e2 is not your problem, I assume e1 is.
Apologies, I can't directly answer your question pertaining to nofap because that is a foreign term to me.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
500 - 600 is average test. So nothing out of the normal there. It could be higher for your age, 700 cca.