Can i hit two push workouts in a week?

N

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
I hit chest,tri,shoulders on wensday couldn't make it to gym so got a home workout.
8 sets of6-8 dips
5 sets side shoulder raises 8 reps
5 sets of shoulder press 6-8 reps
Side front superset dumbellraises raises 4 sets of 15 to 25!
8 sets of 8-6 tricep overhead dumbell
Can I repeat this workout today? Or will I be overtraining?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Twice a week is fine. Just have rest and recovery setup and you’re good to go.

N

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
Rep! When you say recovery SET UP what do you mean exactly? I wait 48 hours before training it again is that good enough for recovery?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hit chest,tri,shoulders on wensday couldn't make it to gym so got a home workout.
8 sets of6-8 dips
5 sets side shoulder raises 8 reps
5 sets of shoulder press 6-8 reps
Side front superset dumbellraises raises 4 sets of 15 to 25!
8 sets of 8-6 tricep overhead dumbell
Can I repeat this workout today? Or will I be overtraining?
That is a really high volume for what is primarily a shoulder/delt workout. I went on the low side and got ~ 252 reps. Even on gear, that would be fairly high. If you have a more dedicated chest day, you are going to hit these areas secondary, so that would more than enough.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I, along with many others train muscle groups multiple times a week. Overtraining is harder than most people think tbh. However, I would not consider the workout you listed above to be anything other than shoulders and triceps. It’s also a ton of lateral raises...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've been alternating 2 workouts 3x a week (6 on 1 off) for the past 3 weeks and progressing each workout so I'm sure you will be fine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rep! When you say recovery SET UP what do you mean exactly? I wait 48 hours before training it again is that good enough for recovery?
A combo of rest, food, hydration, etc.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I, along with many others train muscle groups multiple times a week. Overtraining is harder than most people think tbh. However, I would not consider the workout you listed above to be anything other than shoulders and triceps. It’s also a ton of lateral raises...
Right. I kept looking for the chest portion.

Juggernaut AM

Juggernaut AM

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
Agreed!