Can exemestane and raloxifene cause depression?

Corinbeauvais

Corinbeauvais

Awards
Im cruising on test at 500 mg a week and im on exemestane .25mg ed and raloxifene at 50 mg ed for gyno and as far as I can tell it's not getting worse still have past tissue growth and sensitivity but it seems on hold or receding. But I am having depression mood swings and sometimes it's very intense. Could the ai and the serm be causing this? I would rather cut one out if so. Thanks

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im cruising on test at 500 mg a week and im on exemestane .25mg ed and raloxifene at 50 mg ed for gyno and as far as I can tell it's not getting worse still have past tissue growth and sensitivity but it seems on hold or receding. But I am having depression mood swings and sometimes it's very intense. Could the ai and the serm be causing this? I would rather cut one out if so. Thanks
Do you have gyno, or trying to prevent it? If you are being preventative, lower the dose of the ralox, and dose the AI EOD as opposed to ED. Wait a bit, and see how you feel.

Corinbeauvais

Corinbeauvais

Awards
Do you have gyno, or trying to prevent it? If you are being preventative, lower the dose of the ralox, and dose the AI EOD as opposed to ED. Wait a bit, and see how you feel.
[/QUOI have it and I'm trying to reduce.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ill drop the raloxifene to half.
Also, too low estrogen can cause depression and other issues. Too much can cause depression and other issues. Really trial and error to dial in everything

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exemestane at .25mg? Is that a typo? Point two five is a miniscule dose...and 25mg everyday seems hyooge.

Just guessing, without bloods, but I think the issue is your AI and not the ralox.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Exemestane at .25mg? Is that a typo? Point two five is a miniscule dose...and 25mg everyday seems hyooge.
Was thinking the same thing. Thanks for bringing it up.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just me, but Im not a fan of blasting an AI...if estro is high Id rather dose it "reasonably" and let the ralox do the fixing.
Absolutely. 25mg ED or even EOD is way too much.

Reactions: Nac
Corinbeauvais

Corinbeauvais

Awards
It was actually 1/4 of 25 mg I am taking ed which is a bout 6 mg ed. With the raloxifene ed at 50 mg.