can anyone help me because i have no progress in one year?

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i am 41 years old i am working in construction i am vegan 3 days week monday wedensday and friday i have plenty of protein plant based in this 3 days i had did most of tipe of workout 3 days a week or 2 days creatine i can't take i have bad ocd when i use . i am on antidepressants .last year on this time i use to do bench press 10 rep with 67 kg and now i am doing the same i am doing short workouts , when i do more than 3 sets per muscle nothing happens

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
English not your first language im confused on a lot of what you said. If you made no progress in a year that's really bad. So basically you have to change what your doing because clearly that didn't work.

What are your goal?

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I too am confused. You're only vegan 3 days a week? You should be able to find a solid beginner lifting program and start making some sort of progress. More than 3 sets per muscle? Are you doing full body or a body part split? Are you saying it could be because your job in construction is physically demanding?

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Give the vegan thing up, or your sidepiece that's causing that or whatever.

OCD from creatine? That's a new one for me.

Do Stronglifts 5x5 for a minimum 3 months and if you don't make some sort of progress find another hobby.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Do Stronglifts 5x5 for a minimum 3 months and if you don't make some sort of progress find another hobby.
off topic but i've been seeing this plant based stuff showing up for awhile now... but thing thing that made me laugh was a package that said meatless meatballs--so i asked the meat manager at krogers-hey bill how can this be a meatball if it isn't meat-we both got a good laugh.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Not trying to get into a whole vegan argument. I eat meat. But you can make serious gains as a vegan. If you were open class bodybuilding biggest of the big boys, you need meat. But 99 percent of will never get there and we could eat entire plant based for our goals. Again I eat meat.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not trying to get into a whole vegan argument. I eat meat. But you can make serious gains as a vegan. If you were open class bodybuilding biggest of the big boys, you need meat. But 99 percent of will never get there and we could eat entire plant based for our goals. Again I eat meat.
Yeah but it's such a pain in the ass!

Eat steak, eat steak eat a big ol' steer!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
kinda like a woman who likes meat but will occasionally eat a taco or vice versa-eh? :)

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i am doing all body in 1 workout except abdominal and claves , i am a labourer in construction sometimes i
sweep 2-3 hours non stop , etc in the morning i feel very well after the shift i feel squeezed

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i am doing all body in 1 workout except abdominal and claves , i am a labourer in construction sometimes i
sweep 2-3 hours non stop , etc in the morning i feel very well after the shift i feel squeezed
Sounds like you're trying to do too much in a single workout man. I'm a construction electrician, sometimes our days are ROUGH. But I still be makin' them gains, bruh. You just gotta focus each workout.

Seriously, give Stronglifts a try dude. Start slow and low and enjoy it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sometimes a guy helps me out at work, who does not eat any meat.
He looks thin, but he's ripped and vascular.
Dude's strong as an ox, though.

Like was already said, it's quite possible that your amount of physical output at work just isn't leaving you much room for muscle or strength gain.

I'd say drop the no meat days if you can.
If Not, add in as much plant protein powder as you can. EVERY DAY.

And short-term, keep the gym work pretty heavy, but limit your time there (temporarily).

See if that changes anything.

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you're trying to do too much in a single workout man. I'm a construction electrician, sometimes our days are ROUGH. But I still be makin' them gains, bruh. You just gotta focus each workout.

thank you very much i will do 2 muscle per workout only sooner and i will do 5-6 sets except the worm up

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes a guy helps me out at work, who does not eat any meat.
He looks thin, but he's ripped and vascular.
Dude's strong as an ox, though.

Like was already said, it's quite possible that your amount of physical output at work just isn't leaving you much room for muscle or strength gain.

I'd say drop the no meat days if you can.
If Not, add in as much plant protein powder as you can. EVERY DAY.

And short-term, keep the gym work pretty heavy, but limit your time there (temporarily).

See if that changes anything.
thank you four your answer , that you told me that much in this reply . i have a mix from hemp, rice, and pea and i will use more
and i will mix with peanut butter powder with low fat , i just ordered natural sterol complex and maybe it will help me a little , like creatine ( creatine is helping me to put size and strenght , but is making my ocd worse ) and in may i will try s4 andarine

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah as above. I’m not anti vegan at all but you need to consider that studies have consistently shown that plant based protein sources have lower bioavailability than animal based.

that doesn’t mean you can’t get bigger/stronger eating vegan 3’days a week or whatever, just that you need more of it to have the same beneficial effects as a whey protein for example (and studies also show that as long as the protein requirements are met then the actual source doesn’t make a lot of difference).

so my guess would be a combination of your work plus diet is hindering your progress,

would need more detail to comment properly on the training to be honest

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah as above. I’m not anti vegan at all but you need to consider that studies have consistently shown that plant based protein sources have lower bioavailability than animal based.

that doesn’t mean you can’t get bigger/stronger eating vegan 3’days a week or whatever, just that you need more of it to have the same beneficial effects as a whey protein for example (and studies also show that as long as the protein requirements are met then the actual source doesn’t make a lot of difference).

so my guess would be a combination of your work plus diet is hindering your progress,

would need more detail to comment properly on the training to be honest
yes is true ,the bioavailability of vegan protein is lower than animal protein and i am bloated and i fart a lot . i am taking enzimes but it doesn't help enough . i blend the vegan protein powder .is very clear to me that this proteins do not go in my blood entirely .thank you for your reply

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote

i will do 3-5 reps on hard sets sooner , i have some pain in my right shoulder . once the pain will disappear i will do the workouts this way .thank you for your reply.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@Coriandru it's really nice to see you listening to advice, you are getting some really good advice from some knowledgeable guys....good on you!!!

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote
guys i already had my first progress i added 2.5 kg on my bench press in 1 week , i did my chest 2 times a week tuestday and friday ,3-4 sets for warm up and 1-2 hard , ,for my arms 1set for biceps and 1 for triceps 30-10-30 tipe of workout very hard, and i added to my food regimen before and during the workout ciclic dextrin and pepto pro from casein , and for post workout about 30 gr whey protein , and every morning aswaghanda and schinsarda chinesis. last time iused schisarda 2 times a day in the morning and 2-3 hours before workout , when i had my progress ..( i did this on friday at the most important and havy workout) i think this supplements helped my at least like creatine but not with side effects of creatine wich increase my ocd simptoms. i like to do 3-5 reps sets is not so hard for cns , at least for me , and one more think i recover in 1-2 days