Can anyone advise on my bloodwork?

Rick-o

Awards
Hey guys,
So I got my mid cycle bloods done on 200mg Test - E per week, EOD at 0.2ml.
Results so far have been good. About to up to 250mg, taking it slow as I go as its my first introduction to this but so far I'm impressed.

I note my E2 is up a bit, does though I am not "Feeling" sides other than maybe lower libido, should I maybe consider 1/2 a Arimidex once a week just to knock it down a tad. I also have clomid here but as far as I understand works on the pituitary so probably wont be of benefit in this case.
I've always wondered if I had higher than normal oestrodial throughout my life anyway because I grew some pretty nasty bitch-tits when I put on some weight in my late teens and I store fat like crazy.
What do you guys think about the arimidex.

Thanks.
Rick-o212748212749

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think anything you can do to keep it as normal as possible it warranted. there are some over the counter supplements that are quite powerful.

Molecular Nutrition
Matt Porter Approved
Species Nutrition

all have solid products for heart health.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you discussed your AST results with your doctor? Is the elevated AST marker new, or have you had that for awhile?

Rick-o

Awards
Have you discussed your AST results with your doctor? Is the elevated AST marker new, or have you had that for awhile?
Had it for a while but not worried because we think it’s from the amount of training I’m doing.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had it for a while but not worried because we think it’s from the amount of training I’m doing.
Interesting, what's your typical training routine like throughout the week?

My AST levels have been fine since I started lifting 5 days a week, but my ALT levels were very elevated a few months ago. According to my doctors it's due to NAFLD (slightly enlarged liver). Since changing my diet my ALT levels have come down to almost the normal range, and since my last blood test I have added NAC to the equation, so I'm very curious to see what my next round of blood tests shows (which I'll probably be getting later this week).

Not trying to make you concerned; I'm glad to hear it's part of the discussion you're having with your doc. If you take any extended time off of training, for whatever reason, I'd recommend getting it checked again to see if it comes down with the reduction in training, or if it stays elevated and perhaps warrants a more in depth look at things.

Regarding your E levels, I'll leave that to guys that have more experience with elevated E level labs than myself. Your T and free T levels look great (to my untrained eye) though. :)

Rick-o

Awards
Interesting, what's your typical training routine like throughout the week?

My AST levels have been fine since I started lifting 5 days a week, but my ALT levels were very elevated a few months ago. According to my doctors it's due to NAFLD (slightly enlarged liver). Since changing my diet my ALT levels have come down to almost the normal range, and since my last blood test I have added NAC to the equation, so I'm very curious to see what my next round of blood tests shows (which I'll probably be getting later this week).

Not trying to make you concerned; I'm glad to hear it's part of the discussion you're having with your doc. If you take any extended time off of training, for whatever reason, I'd recommend getting it checked again to see if it comes down with the reduction in training, or if it stays elevated and perhaps warrants a more in depth look at things.

Regarding your E levels, I'll leave that to guys that have more experience with elevated E level labs than myself. Your T and free T levels look great (to my untrained eye) though. :)
That’s good advice man.
I had it all checked right before I started and they were ok, but still on the higher side- what changes did you make to bring them down? Right now I’m doing heavy every day, one rest day per week, and 30-40 of solid cardio on max level in the elliptical. Even in rest day.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't know if what I did will impact AST (my AST has always been fine), but my diet change was strictly focused on preventing my NAFLD from getting any worse, I was happy and surprised when it also seemed to bring my ALT levels down.

The change to my diet was:
1. I cut out all sugary foods, I mean all. No candy, peanut butter, I already wasn't drinking soda, etc (you get the idea). If it has corn syrup or even cane sugar in it, it's not going into my body (possible exception of bbq sauce every now and then). The most sugary thing I eat are raisins which I eat quite a bit now (usually mixed with peanuts) and the occasional strawberry, blueberry, etc.
2. I cut out all processed white flour. This had an added benefit to taking pizza (my dietary achilles heel) off the menu for good. Regular pasta, white bread, burger buns, etc. Whole grains are fine, so I have whole grain bread occasionally, and whole grain pastas.
Doing this dramatically inpacted my diet because I had been eating an average of 4 microwave burritos a day for breakfast and lunch at work. Now instead, I make my own corn tortilla chicken tacos with guacamole, 2 kinds of salsa, corn, blackbeans, tomatoes, brown rice and lettuce (they're amazing), and I have 6 of those per day on work days.
3. Replaced all white rice with brown rice.
4. Cut out beef and replaced it with either grilled chicken, ground chicken, ground turkey, or chicken sausage. Every now and then I'll have some beef if it's the only option available, but probably not more than once or twice a month.
5. Cut out most cheese (this wasn't so much to help with the NAFLD as it was to just to cut some fats out of my diet). I have it occasionally but not often.
6. Added salad to my diet. Before I would never ever eat salad, now I have salads pre workout (light dressing, tortilla strips, grilled chicken with buffalo sauce).
7. I've always eaten eggs and still do. Love them and eat em a few times a week.
8. Cut out all fried foods.

To some guys the above might seem drastic (if not downright unthinkable), but my family has adjusted our dinner menu accordingly and both my wife and kids all agree that our dinners are tastier than they've ever been. Not only that, but the whole family is starting to eat way healthier than they did before, following Daddy's lead. My kids actually didn't touch hardly any of their halloween candy (we had to throw most of it away) and when they came home yesterday from school with a box of candy from valentine's day they hardly touched the stuff!