Can anti-depressants influence the body long term?

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I took Abilify and Trilepathol (might want to check the spelling) for a while and gained lots of fat weight while on them. Can they influence gains even after being off them for an extended period of time? Not just simply gains, but can they slow one's metabolism down? I have read about weight gain while on them, but I feel that it also causes metabolic slow down.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I took Abilify and Trilepathol (might want to check the spelling) for a while and gained lots of fat weight while on them. Can they influence gains even after being off them for an extended period of time? Not just simply gains, but can they slow one's metabolism down? I have read about weight gain while on them, but I feel that it also causes metabolic slow down.
yes and since this medication was most likely prescribed by your Dr. YOU really should discuss this directly with him/her. Not everyone reacts the same way to prednisone, as far as wgt gain. Abilify is not just some anti-depressant or happy pill.

good luck

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
Oh I know its not. I took it long enough to know the immediate and noticable side effects. The worst being a zombie, distorted vison, the occasional outburst, and the lack of sex drive. I actually switched off Abilify because I asked the RPN if there was another option. They put me on Trileptal for a while, but I soon after quit treatment all together. I know it sounds like a horror show, but I was actually better off. The depression hits now and again but I have learned to cope with it rather than take medications.

My depression isn't the "cry all day and sleep in a dark room". It hurts my sleep cycle; don't need sleep from needing to sleep all day. It mostly hurts my motivation but because of hitting the gym hard it keeps my spirits up. It's the apathy that gets me the most. Short end of the genetic stick on that one.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Oh I know its not. I took it long enough to know the immediate and noticable side effects. The worst being a zombie, distorted vison, the occasional outburst, and the lack of sex drive. I actually switched off Abilify because I asked the RPN if there was another option. They put me on Trileptal for a while, but I soon after quit treatment all together. I know it sounds like a horror show, but I was actually better off. The depression hits now and again but I have learned to cope with it rather than take medications.

My depression isn't the "cry all day and sleep in a dark room". It hurts my sleep cycle; don't need sleep from needing to sleep all day. It mostly hurts my motivation but because of hitting the gym hard it keeps my spirits up. It's the apathy that gets me the most. Short end of the genetic stick on that one.
completely understand, zombified- the chemical make up of the brain is absolutely incredible and there is no "1 pill cure all" because within a matter of time, the side effects from one will eventually bleed over to something else. Some of these you simply cant "cycle" and that in the end hurts the person more than helping.

at this point bro, the only motivator is going to be you. We can get your back for help and advice, but you need to push and kick start the engine.once you get that pump flowing thru your veins again, youll be good to go

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I actually quit over a year ago, and self motivation is the best man made super drug ever created! It has me adding weight every time I go in. The weight is a pain in the ass to burn off though. I am a ecto-mesomorph by nature. I'm sure my weight is staying the same because I am gaining but I am eating right. I usually end up under maintance by the end of the week. I'm not expecting much, but I have been working my ass off for 2 months so I expected at least + or - 3 pounds. I maybe too naive however and am expecting too much.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I actually quit over a year ago, and self motivation is the best man made super drug ever created! It has me adding weight every time I go in. The weight is a pain in the ass to burn off though. I am a ecto-mesomorph by nature. I'm sure my weight is staying the same because I am gaining but I am eating right. I usually end up under maintance by the end of the week. I'm not expecting much, but I have been working my ass off for 2 months so I expected at least + or - 3 pounds. I maybe too naive however and am expecting too much.
never bro, expect to little and you sell yourself short- expect the moon and one day youll be there. it is easy to make little goals, but its challenging to make ones that are hard to achieve.

there are a lot of great people here on the forum with loads of information. Hope you stick around to meet. learn and share. you need anything, were here, just ask away bro