Unanswered Can’t gain!!!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Exactly. No way in hell that we who do other stuff in our lives other than going to the gym and lift weights can bulk on "clean" foods only.
I could do it in my teens while in school because i was sitting all day.
Also, i was almost as strong and as big (a bit fatter) @18 years old naturally as now in my 20s coming off a testosterone blast.
Just shows you how much a physical job impacts recovery. I am dead at the end of the day. Cant wait for the day i quit that job (coming soon). Then some real gains will be made!

Edit: just realized those pics are from planet fitness
Lol yeah I’ve been bouncing from gym to gym lately.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol yeah I’ve been bouncing from gym to gym lately.
Hahah man that was me when my mebership ran out and i was cheap to pay again as i was leaving the city. Went to every single gym that offered free trial session lol.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha right? Might as well take full advantage.

Still0311

Awards
Exactly. No way in hell that we who do other stuff in our lives other than going to the gym and lift weights can bulk on "clean" foods only.
Also, i was almost as strong and as big (a bit fatter) @18 years old naturally as now in my 20s coming off a testosterone blast.
Just shows you how much a physical job impacts recovery. I am dead at the end of the day. Cant wait for the day i quit that job (coming soon). Then some real gains will be made!

Edit: just realized those pics are from planet fitness 😀
Absolutely can relate to the job thing! Less than a year ago I finally met a financial goal and was able to quit my job in the oilfield as a wireliner. Looking back, luckily, that job was more correlated to lifting than cardio. So I didn't suffer a lot strength and size wise. But when I went back to a regular job, a regular gym schedule, and was able to stop eating every meal from a restaurant I lost a bit of everything. Strength, size and fat all went down the more sterilized my diet became. I'm better off, but it does provide some very unscientific evidence that all of the foods we are shown the pros eating don't always pack on mass quickly for all, especially younger guys on AAS lol! I'm secretly hoping Brain5ick goes straight oldschool dirty bulk. He has a decent platform to do so and would be a more appropriate candidate for it than all the lazy guys who just use dirty bulking as an excuse for being fat with very little muscle. Although, if he blows up and becomes massive, the liberal 3rd reich that is planet fitless will kick him out for failing to fit within the guidelines that require everyone to be within one large pizza or 2 cheesecakes away from pure juggly butt sweaty nastiness

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Absolutely can relate to the job thing! Less than a year ago I finally met a financial goal and was able to quit my job in the oilfield as a wireliner. Looking back, luckily, that job was more correlated to lifting than cardio. So I didn't suffer a lot strength and size wise. But when I went back to a regular job, a regular gym schedule, and was able to stop eating every meal from a restaurant I lost a bit of everything. Strength, size and fat all went down the more sterilized my diet became. I'm better off, but it does provide some very unscientific evidence that all of the foods we are shown the pros eating don't always pack on mass quickly for all, especially younger guys on AAS lol! I'm secretly hoping Brain5ick goes straight oldschool dirty bulk. He has a decent platform to do so and would be a more appropriate candidate for it than all the lazy guys who just use dirty bulking as an excuse for being fat with very little muscle. Although, if he blows up and becomes massive, the liberal 3rd reich that is planet fitless will kick him out for failing to fit within the guidelines that require everyone to be within one large pizza or 2 cheesecakes away from pure juggly butt sweaty nastiness
Considering the stack he is on he has the potential to get massive. Not in one blast of course but over time definitely. The only thing i would do different is i wouldnt go on a bulk during summer, i simply cant bulk during summer, i mean i can, but it is very unpleasant experience. I much preffer to maintain or cut during summer.

Also, here i go again with paranoic sh1t lol but i would be concerned about prolonged nandrolone use if he were to continue this.

I just today decided to come off for 4 months this fall because i have big plans for 2020 (as in the fall 2020 i am quiting blasting aas for good, just trt if necessary) and dont want to push my body too much (even though i am on "trt" dose now).

Well, op has a very good reason to go to planet fitness 😉 but home gym is always an option if he gets kicked out. Get a buddy or two, blast some hardcore music and its gametime. Over time homegym is cheaper, if he plans to lift weights for years to come.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Considering the stack he is on he has the potential to get massive. Not in one blast of course but over time definitely. The only thing i would do different is i wouldnt go on a bulk during summer, i simply cant bulk during summer, i mean i can, but it is very unpleasant experience. I much preffer to maintain or cut during summer.

Also, here i go again with paranoic sh1t lol but i would be concerned about prolonged nandrolone use if he were to continue this.

I just today decided to come off for 4 months this fall because i have big plans for 2020 (as in the fall 2020 i am quiting blasting aas for good, just trt if necessary) and dont want to push my body too much (even though i am on "trt" dose now).

Well, op has a very good reason to go to planet fitness 😉 but home gym is always an option if he gets kicked out. Get a buddy or two, blast some hardcore music and its gametime. Over time homegym is cheaper, if he plans to lift weights for years to come.
I second the nandrolone paranoia tho.....its supposed to be one of the worse for arterial stenosis and theres no labwork I know of that tells you how narrow your arteries are getting

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wouldn't call 10 min of anything cardio unless it's a all out sprint.. Any who, this question has been asked 28,687 times in the past week and there's only one answer that never changes. Your not eating enough. If your not tracking every calorie your probably not eating nearly as many calories as you think you are, but even if you are and you're not gaining weight then you're not eating enough Point Blank.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Guess we will see! I’m only on for 10 weeks at that dose, kinda wanna throw some var in but I already feel great, I’m a little puffier now but I’m stronger every week! Shirts aren’t fitting as well around my lats anymore because I back is usually a fast responder to whatever I throw at it.
I’ve actually been hitting hard sales and whatnot for plates and bars for a home gym. I found an old school York curl bar with plates for ten bucks recently that I’m loving.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guess we will see! I’m only on for 10 weeks at that dose, kinda wanna throw some var in but I already feel great, I’m a little puffier now but I’m stronger every week! Shirts aren’t fitting as well around my lats anymore because I back is usually a fast responder to whatever I throw at it.
I’ve actually been hitting hard sales and whatnot for plates and bars for a home gym. I found an old school York curl bar with plates for ten bucks recently that I’m loving.
Man the temptation is so high to just throw in something. I would check bloodwork and if everything is ok and if i felt comfortable, i would go for it. However, imho, i dont think you need var. Firstly you are bulking, i would save var for a cut. Second of all, its expensive and weak when compared to test and deca, i really see no point in you throwing in var. This is bread and butter of bulking cycles that you are running.

On a side note, how long do you plan to blast for?

Because @ 12 weeks i was done. Cruising now, will check lipids in a few days. However, i might throw in something for 4 weeks in about a month, just to see how i react, before i go off for 4 months to give my body a break.

@DaveyCrockett but plaque build up is caused by poor lipid management, right? So by tracking his lipids he can at least get an idea of what is going on, ie. if lipids are too out of whack, lower the dose/drop the compound which is harshest on lipids.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Edit: just realized those pics are from planet fitness 😀
You got me super curious why would it be impossible to bulk on a clean diet?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You got me super curious why would it be impossible to bulk on a clean diet?
Of course it is not impossible as i said i have done it over and over in my teens while i was in school, chicken breast, rice and peas all day. However, with this damn physical job, i find myself eating 5k kcal on days we have a lot of work so ocassional pizza or ice cream is more than welcome. I am nauseated all the time, i am a light eater by nature.
But like i said, i am now maintaining as it is so damn hot over here.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Man the temptation is so high to just throw in something. I would check bloodwork and if everything is ok and if i felt comfortable, i would go for it. However, imho, i dont think you need var. Firstly you are bulking, i would save var for a cut. Second of all, its expensive and weak when compared to test and deca, i really see no point in you throwing in var. This is bread and butter of bulking cycles that you are running.

Because @ 12 weeks i was done. Cruising now, will check lipids in a few days. However, i might throw in something for 4 weeks in about a month, just to see how i react, before i go off for 4 months to give my body a break.

@DaveyCrockett but plaque build up is caused by poor lipid management, right? So by tracking his lipids he can at least get an idea of what is going on, ie. if lipids are too out of whack, lower the dose/drop the compound which is harshest on lipids.
Absolutely. The actual plaque build up (just like arterial narrowing) will vary from person to person but lipid profiling is the most efficient way to see if you're putting yourself at risk, just like ALT and AST are markers for liver stress before the damage actually occurs. It'll give anyone great insights into how compounds affect them personally as well.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Of course it is not impossible as i said i have done it over and over in my teens while i was in school, chicken breat, rice and peas all day. However, with this damn physical job, i find myself eating 5k kcal on days we have a lot of work so ocassional pizza or ice cream is more than welcome. I am nauseated all the time, i am a light eater by nature.
Oh ya ok if you mean that clean of a diet type of thing obviously lol. But I think that stuff is way outdated and absurd in some way. For me eating a clean diet means staying fairly lean while adding weight (which is gonna be different for everyone) so I wouldn’t call a little slice of pizza or bread etc etc not clean. I’m with you on that

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh ya ok if you mean that clean of a diet type of thing obviously lol. But I think that stuff is way outdated and absurd in some way. For me eating a clean diet means staying fairly lean while adding weight (which is gonna be different for everyone) so I wouldn’t call a little slice of pizza or bread etc etc not clean. I’m with you on that
Exactly, cals are cals. We should categorize "clean" as a small surplus of calories.
But still, general ideas about eating organic, grass-fed etc as much as we can should obviously apply.

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Of course it is not impossible as i said i have done it over and over in my teens while i was in school, chicken breast, rice and peas all day. However, with this damn physical job, i find myself eating 5k kcal on days we have a lot of work so ocassional pizza or ice cream is more than welcome. I am nauseated all the time, i am a light eater by nature.
Im right there with you. When I was unemployed I was able to eat a supremely healthy diet, no processed sugar, lean meats, etc etc.... Now that I'm working I eat way more garbage food. It's more calorie dense and easier to eat when I'm not super hungry. Clean bulking was an exercise in force feeding half the time and I can't imagine doing that on my lunch break without the rest of my work day sucking a$$

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Well I think I’m about 7 weeks in with the test and tomorrow I’ll be 4 weeks in with the Deca. Just gonna stay on till the bottle of Deca is empty, might run test higher for a couple weeks after I stop the Deca just because of the long ester it’ll still be pretty peaked in my system. Only using the test to offset the Deca.
Been noticing I’m pretty red at rest, almost like a bad sunburn, but I do work in the sun, but I’ve started getting headaches here and there. Could just be from lack of caffeine as far as today goes but I’m not sure. Gotta get time to my self so I can print this lab order and go get my bloodwork done. In the meantime I’m using 300mg aspirin ed mainly for the headaches but it should thin the blood well. I’ll use 81mg aspirin on days I don’t have these headaches because it’s not constant.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also I’m not sure if the grapefruit seed helped or if it was too close to my donation but my HCT was 43 after I started this.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also I’m not sure if the grapefruit seed helped or if it was too close to my donation but my HCT was 43 after I started this.
How the hell do you get your hematocrit that low? I drained over a 1000ml of blood in the last 4 weeks (just drained 200ml yesterday) and my damn hct is @ 0.50. And i am only on 125mg pw now (granted, only 14 days now, been on 600mg before but still...).
I probably have some gene for polycythemia, i was watchin dr. Thomas O'Connor talk about this, how caucasian males are susceptible to rise in h&h.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So you’re gonna run the deca for only like 7-8 weeks?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How the hell do you get your hematocrit that low? I drained over a 1000ml of blood in the last 4 weeks (just drained 200ml yesterday) and my damn hct is @ 0.50. And i am only on 125mg pw now (granted, only 14 days now, been on 600mg before but still...).
I donated at Red Cross and took 1000mg grapefruit seed extract for a while and that’s just what it came back as. Gallon or two of water a day as well. I expect it’s going to be a good bit higher on my next Labs because I normally bleed after I pin, get scratched, cut, whatever. Not anymore. Haven’t bled in a while actually now that I think about it. BP isn’t high though, aside from the occasional headache I don’t have much head pressure, I’m really tired all the time but my sleep isn’t the best lately because I’ve been very stressed, not turning purple when I lift lol so that is a good sign. Arms are super veiny though. All that being said wouldn’t my BP be rather high if my blood was becoming thicker? It definitely was when I was at 49HCT and 17HGB.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, i dont understnad the mechanism by which aspirin lowers hematocrit. Does it cause bleeding somewhere internally lol?
I donated at Red Cross and took 1000mg grapefruit seed extract for a while and that’s just what it came back as. Gallon or two of water a day as well. I expect it’s going to be a good bit higher on my next Labs because I normally bleed after I pin, get scratched, cut, whatever. Not anymore. Haven’t bled in a while actually now that I think about it. BP isn’t high though, aside from the occasional headache I don’t have much head pressure, I’m really tired all the time but my sleep isn’t the best lately because I’ve been very stressed, not turning purple when I lift lol so that is a good sign. Arms are super veiny though. All that being said wouldn’t my BP be rather high if my blood was becoming thicker? It definitely was when I was at 49HCT and 17HGB.
If my hct is over 0.50, when i pull the needle out of my vein (i do self phlebotomy, not iv drugs, just putting this out here so no misunderstanding) it just dribbles. If its lower, its a fountain. And i swear the blood is darker the higher hct is.
For me the tell-tale sign of high hct is difficulty breathing. And i am red in the face, maybe ocassional dizziness.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IMG_2511.JPG

IMG_2512.JPG

Hit a few PRs today, haven’t eaten much yet either. I’m 178.2 as of this morning.
Got 100lbs for 1 on dumbbell BP AFTER 225lbs on barbell bench (I know my barbell is low but my shoulder is all messed up so I can’t normally do it often), weighted dips 45lbsXbodyweight for 20, three sets.
Flys flys and more cable flys, all different angles. Just polishing off with some incline bench for reps.
I feel stronger, more full, joints aren’t nearly as bad but my leg still hurts like hell. Actually more than usual which is odd. People have told me today I look bigger, arms and back wise. Chest is a little fuller imo. Maybe it’s just me, the pics I have of myself look drastically different though.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 183895
View attachment 183896

Hit a few PRs today, haven’t eaten much yet either. I’m 178.2 as of this morning.
Got 100lbs for 1 on dumbbell BP AFTER 225lbs on barbell bench (I know my barbell is low but my shoulder is all messed up so I can’t normally do it often), weighted dips 45lbsXbodyweight for 20, three sets.
Flys flys and more cable flys, all different angles. Just polishing off with some incline bench for reps.
I feel stronger, more full, joints aren’t nearly as bad but my leg still hurts like hell. Actually more than usual which is odd. People have told me today I look bigger, arms and back wise. Chest is a little fuller imo. Maybe it’s just me, the pics I have of myself look drastically different though.
Dat test look, looking thick. Chest seems to be growing the most.
There is no denying anymore 😉

I am a shoulder wh0re myself. Heavy standing ohp + lateral raises to get my delts to portrude through my t-shirt (i dont wear tanks at the gym, not yet). Got to 180lbs standing ohp for 2 sets of 4. Not impressive, yeah, i aimed for 225x1. However, i might hit it after this next "recomp" muahah.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dat test look, looking thick. Chest seems to be growing the most.
There is no denying anymore

I am a shoulder wh0re myself. Heavy standing ohp + lateral raises to get my delts to portrude through my t-shirt (i dont wear tanks at the gym, not yet). Got to 180lbs standing ohp for 2 sets of 4. Not impressive, yeah, i aimed for 225x1. However, i might hit it after this next "recomp" muahah.
I’ve been crushing my shoulders lately. Check out Seth Feroce’s instinctive shoulder training, it absolutely KILLS. There’s minimal to no breaks so I find myself ridiculously pumped and gasping for breath at the end lol.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve been crushing my shoulders lately. Check out Seth Feroce’s instinctive shoulder training, it absolutely KILLS. There’s minimal to no breaks so I find myself ridiculously pumped and gasping for breath at the end lol.
Might try it. I usually try to stick to heavy compounds only (full body 3x / week), but sometimes (most of the times while running high test lol) temptation is just too high to add in isolations for the pump, fluff and pump as one famous/infamous youtube fitness celebrity would say 😉

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Might try it. I usually try to stick to heavy compounds only (full body 3x / week), but sometimes (most of the times while running high test lol) temptation is just too high to add in isolations for the pump, fluff and pump as one famous/infamous youtube fitness celebrity would say
I think you’d enjoy it. My shoulders are lacking from.... well, never doing shoulders lol. Had a bad injury and just didn’t work them for a long time.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you’d enjoy it. My shoulders are lacking from.... well, never doing shoulders lol. Had a bad injury and just didn’t work them for a long time.
Even though everyone says do ohp and i agree...do standing ohp
But i also say do lateral raises. Heavy if you want. It will makes those delts pop, give you the roid look. I worked up to doing 18kg dumbells for 18 (well, last 3-4 reps are forced, but still, pump is ennormous).
Did at least 2 sets every single workout. Man i love that round delt look, accompanied by big traps.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So BP is high today, just took my adex before taking BP but I drank one of those C4 RTD drinks before hand haha. 148/70 was my reading. Don’t feel like it’s too high, I don’t notice any pounding sensations or anything but I’m very tired oddly enough. Not sure if it’s the cycle, blood thickening, or caffeine but who knows. Smashed my hand the other day and I’m getting it checked now, trying to convince the urgent care doc to draw some labs for me while I’m here as well. All my other stats are good. Also started taking aspirin, fish oil and grapefruit seed extract to thin blood a little bit. Let’s see where this goes is guess.
Also I know this isn’t associated with gaining but I figured I’d add it into the thread.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So BP is high today, just took my adex before taking BP but I drank one of those C4 RTD drinks before hand haha. 148/70 was my reading. Don’t feel like it’s too high, I don’t notice any pounding sensations or anything but I’m very tired oddly enough. Not sure if it’s the cycle, blood thickening, or caffeine but who knows. Smashed my hand the other day and I’m getting it checked now, trying to convince the urgent care doc to draw some labs for me while I’m here as well. All my other stats are good. Also started taking aspirin, fish oil and grapefruit seed extract to thin blood a little bit. Let’s see where this goes is guess.
Also I know this isn’t associated with gaining but I figured I’d add it into the thread.
My BP on test/masteron would go up to 140/90 but that was only whwn i had panic attacks. Usually it was around 125/75.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got my labs drawn and they used one of those little butterfly needles, blood flowed right out for all 6 or 7 tubes, no issues. It’ll be interesting to see what my labs are.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Carditone for BP. Half a tab up to 2 tabs per day based on response, levels, desired results. It builds up in your system so you may be able to start it then back down. It’s an herbal blend on Amazon I bought to try based on Dante Trudel’s recommendation for someone who is blasting that doesn’t want to get bp medication but needs it.

It really works.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Carditone for BP. Half a tab up to 2 tabs per day based on response, levels, desired results. It builds up in your system so you may be able to start it then back down. It’s an herbal blend on Amazon I bought to try based on Dante Trudel’s recommendation for someone who is blasting that doesn’t want to get bp medication but needs it.

It really works.
They actually redid my BP where I got my labs done and it was 118/60

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

It really works.
Noted!! Will mostly like need to control my bp soon thanks for the info

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Noted!! Will mostly like need to control my bp soon thanks for the info
I got on the M1A, bp went up about 10 points, yesterday it was down 20 from that after 2 weeks on a single tab.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looks awesome man. I’ll read up on that after work and gym