Calories on cutting cycle

Notrealsmart

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you're on test, tren as they preserve muscle. How low percentage wise can you cut calories and keep your lean muscle. I'm sure this varies so just looking for ballpark figure. Thanks

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't think anyone is going to give you a hard proven answer exactly but 500 cals/deficit per day is generally considered a safe target if your nutrition, training, and recovery are on. Still, you'll have to get a baseline to know what a 500 calorie deficit is for you. It might be 1800 cals, it might be 2700 cals.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the biggest thing is truly logging food so that you know for sure you're at 2100. and weighing it. I'm sure you're already doing these things but it seems like 99% of the population claims they're on a starvation diet and not losing weight, when in actuality they're eating 1k calories more than they think.

Notrealsmart

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir. Use fitness pal or would either over eat or under eat for sure. Can't guess at it and be accurate

Notrealsmart

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Driving me crazy. Bigger, stronger, waist size down 2 sizes. But that last layer of stubborn ass belly fat. Frustrating when you feel hard squares but can barely see them

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what's your age, height, and weight? maybe you need to cut another 250cals.
also, add 20-30 minutes of LISS it is absolutely amazing what effect that has on melting stubborn fat.
maybe balance your macros as well if the fat is too high proportionately to pro and cho

Notrealsmart

Awards
  • First Up Vote
47 years old. 5'10" 227. 19 inch arms, bench 370. I'm on the right track, just impatient. Lol. Bf down from 23 to 17-18%

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah if you're still making progress I wouldn't stress over making any changes until you plateau