Cal/Energy Expenditure of Radiate Caps?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've been curious about how much fat burners can actually assist in raw terms of weight loss simply from taking them.

I understand they best combat the "side effects" of cutting such as mood, hunger, energy, and appetite.

Does anyone happen to have a good guess/estimation on how many calories, per day, taking RXS Radiate would burn? *(Radiate is taken twice a day though the ingredient label is per SINGLE pill)* If possible please clarify if you post calorie burned amount as if you are referring to each individual pill or if referring to dosing both pills.

For reference here is a direct link to the nutrition label from the website.

https://dqzrr9k4bjpzk.cloudfront.net/images/5676045/808284378.jpg

Or this link if the above looks too shady for you

https://www.rxssupplements.com/radiate/Radiate-Caps™-p102271928

Thanks!

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The rx drug salbutamol (albuterol) has human data showing a 13% increase in REE.

The supplement/otc drug (depending on where you live) ephedrine, has human data showing an 8% increase in REE.

That means with a BMR of 1900, Salbutamol would burn an extra 247kcals, and Ephedrine would burn an extra 152kcals.

No idea on this supplement.

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The rx drug salbutamol (albuterol) has human data showing a 13% increase in REE.

The supplement/otc drug (depending on where you live) ephedrine, has human data showing an 8% increase in REE.

That means with a BMR of 1900, Salbutamol would burn an extra 247kcals, and Ephedrine would burn an extra 152kcals.

No idea on this supplement.

Those are some pretty insane numbers and very exciting to me. I wonder at what sort of doses that data was at. Makes me wonder as to what extent the two could be dosed for greater calorie burn.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Those are some pretty insane numbers and very exciting to me. I wonder at what sort of doses that data was at. Makes me wonder as to what extent the two could be dosed for greater calorie burn.
Will you be taking the drug salbutamol or ephedrine hydrochloride? If not, then you can expect (high probability) less with a legal, over the counter supplement. Say 5% - that's about 95kcals - you could eat one less piece of fruit :)

Those two beta2 agonists aren't really about the ree increase - they actually shine more in substrate utilization - they preferentially cause the body to use fat as the fuel source, when it would normally prefer glucose.

To answer your question on dosage, the salbutamol was at 4mg, and the ephedrine at 25mg Both WITH 200mg caffeine.

You would NOT want to combine them unless you wanted to possibly die. You also rarely get a 1+1=2 effect when combining supplements that do the same thing.

This is all moot for you, as you are taking an entirely different product - you need to do the research on each stimulant in there, and find human data (not animal) on what each one did in isolation - then make a guess on if the combination would do more.

Reactions: Em3

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I mean it’s a fat burner. The stim mix will elevate your heart rate and you can calculate it from there. My main thing, and with a lot of people, is the energy to work out longer and some appetite suppression along the way. Calculating TDEE may underwhelm you and encourage more aggressive products (like Clen) than you want or need

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My main reasoning behind asking is to avoid risking losing muscle mass due to losing weight too quickly.

I'm currently running a 625 calorie deficit and feel at the moment I could handle running a 750-850 deficit but I feel as though I would start to risk losing muscle mass if I lost too quickly. Currently ~181 lbs, 13%~ bf.

Also not having to run such a high deficit thru calorie restriction is always wonderful if some pills can increase my TDEE. For now I'll just stick with my stack and see how the weight drops over the next 3 weeks.

On a side note the idea of increasing TDEE seems lovely even in a bulk for me, since I love eating and even during bulks it still feels like I'm dieting, just much less intense lol.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My main reasoning behind asking is to avoid risking losing muscle mass due to losing weight too quickly.

I'm currently running a 625 calorie deficit and feel at the moment I could handle running a 750-850 deficit but I feel as though I would start to risk losing muscle mass if I lost too quickly. Currently ~181 lbs, 13%~ bf.

Also not having to run such a high deficit thru calorie restriction is always wonderful if some pills can increase my TDEE. For now I'll just stick with my stack and see how the weight drops over the next 3 weeks.

On a side note the idea of increasing TDEE seems lovely even in a bulk for me, since I love eating and even during bulks it still feels like I'm dieting, just much less intense lol.
Unless you have a deadline to be at a certain bodyfat percentage, what's the hurry? Eat as much as you can while maintaining a 1-2lb per week loss. This will give you max retention (and loss, while it does happen if you go too low, too fast - is worried about more than it should be - AND, once you have it, the body "remembers" and it comes back fairly quickly once maint/surplus + training re-occurs).

I'd also think about applying the latest research from the MATADOR study - hit the "pause" button occasionally by going up to maint calories - you can do a 5/2, 7/3, 11/3, or even (like in the study) a 15/15 deficit:maintenance cycle. But only if you aren't doing a show or photoshoot - if you are, you just have to suffer :)