Caffeine, Yohimbine and Heart Rate?

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone ever tested using an accurate heart rate monitor the effects caffeine or yohimbine has on your heart rate/bpm?

I've read conflicting reports on caffeine as to whether or or it does actually increase your heart rate. Though most of what I read all agree that yohimbine does increase heart rate.

I personally have consistently noticed anywhere between a 4-8 bpm HR increase during workouts when I had took bloodshred raw or Follidrone 2.0 before/near workouts.

Mainly curious how much caffeine and yohimbine will increase my heart rate when I use them during my cut. Not a medical concern, more sort of a scientific/mathematical interest.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone is different but the combo is likely to increase heart rate but you also want to check blood pressure as well. Only way is to run it and monitor with BP cuff and see for his much it does for you on an individual level.

Ot2000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Both have been clinically proven to increase heart rate with caffeine being the less consistent one due to individual tolerance.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Both have been clinically proven to increase heart rate with caffeine being the less consistent one due to individual tolerance.
Nailed it here.

I have no issues with caffeine, but with YHB I notice considerable changes.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Great responses above. Both can, yohimbine has been shown to more significantly. I would be mindful of HIIT if you're using higher doses of caffeine + yhcl together, but everyone is different.

Reactions: Em3
Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
OP i finished today a 8 weeks cut, and i have been using Yohimbine + caffeine for the 5 last ones.

Yohimbine by itself will lead to a slight increase in heart rate and BP. Your tolerance to the product will build up, reason why the suggested protocol of starting with a very low dosage is very important imo.

So i would say Yohimbine by itself, when tolerance is built up, won't cause too much HB/BP increase. HOWEVER, when taken with caffeine, this is where the stuff gets nasty.

I dosed Yohimibe at 15 mg stacked with 200mg caffeine. If you are fasted, which you must, you will definitely feel more side effetcs such as your heart jumping from your chest and cold chills. Elevated BP can also cause headaches.

Though you will notice drastic fat loss, long lasting pumps, and your boners will be massive.

Reactions: Em3
Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Great responses above. Both can, yohimbine has been shown to more significantly. I would be mindful of HIIT if you're using higher doses of caffeine + yhcl together, but everyone is different.
I agree that caution is required, but i tested myself on the stairmaster for cardio using yo+caf. My HR went to 198 pulse/min on a 10 min run at 320 watts. I did not feel in danger and i think users shouldn't be afraid of putting in the work as long as they check they have no pre-existing cardiac issues.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great response.The amount of caffeine and the effects on you personally will be different.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great response.The amount of caffeine and the effects on you personally will be different.
This. Everyone has different tolerance levels.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does a fast work with yohimbe or ecay? I always took with meals be it once day or three times. Is it like a hour before or after i eat?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yohimbine hcl fat burning effects are negated by insulin spike from carbs. I'd take yohimbine 1 hour away from any carbs.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, I wear HRM every day for years.

Yohimbine Hcl + caffeine can raise my resting rate by 5-10 bpm. It settles down after a couple hours.

Herbal yohimbe (not Hcl extract) can send me heart absolutely racing a couple hours later. Not a clean stim feeling. A shaky, panic attack, weak and tighter chest feeling. Pretty much stay away from this now.

Vapor x5 at 1.5 scoops (which gives me 225 mg caffeine and 30 mg yohimbe std for 6% yohimbine) elevates my HR only 2-3 bpm at rest. Significantly more during a workout as I’m able to push harder

I would say, assess each product/ combination carefully and start slow. If you’re doing cardio wear a heart monitor and don’t push too hard if you’re having a bad reaction. Truth be told, cardio without Y feels like a let down now though