Caffeine-free Nootropic Blend Suggestions - Reduce Brain Fog & Optimize

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking to try a blend. I've been dealing with a little bit of brain fog probably due to mild anxiety after my lay off 6 weeks ago.

Overall, I'm in great health and shape at 43 years old. Work out 5 days a week and stick to a good schedule. Never drink except socially on occasional weekends.

I am in the process of starting a blog and book and am struggling to stay focused. My counselor/therapist believes it's due to mild and anxiety. I'm not big into pharma drugs, so I want to try something else.

Also, I take 200mg of caffeine pills 6 days a week and usually get a mild crash but intensified brain fog on those days at 3pm. I also occasionally take rosea rhodiloa, and b-complex and 2000mg of Vit C 4-5 days week. I'm interested in trying a blend like Onnit's Alpha Brain, Mind Lab Pro, and I've tried Nootropmix Max with good success in the past, but I'm looking for a blend that does not have caffeine.

Cheers!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would recommend caffeine free Focus XT from SNS - it's great for what you're describing.

Clear Edge from Evomuse is also great - but I don't think it's available anywhere.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interested in making your own or just something pre-made?

Pre-made I think it is tough to beat SNS Focus XT. It covers pretty much all the Nootropic bases (ALCAR, Choline sources, Tyrosine, Hup-A, even has Taurine, etc.). Makes it super convenient too. Wish it had more flavors for the Caff free, but Fruit Punch isn't bad.

Morphogen Nutrition Morphobrain is a beast of a formula to. Huge Zynamite dosage and pretty heavy on the Mucuna dosage as well.

I do think if you are newer to these things the Focus XT is a better starter. I LOVE Morphobrain, but it is a bit different compared to the more conventional Focus XT.

I know you mentioned taking Rhodiola already and it isn't necessarily billed as a Nootropic formula, but SNS Stress and Anxiety may be worth looking into. Rhodiola, Sensoril, Theanine, and Bacopa all exert some Nootropic benefits + anxiety relief as well.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested in making your own or just something pre-made?

Pre-made I think it is tough to beat SNS Focus XT. It covers pretty much all the Nootropic bases (ALCAR, Choline sources, Tyrosine, Hup-A, even has Taurine, etc.). Makes it super convenient too. Wish it had more flavors for the Caff free, but Fruit Punch isn't bad.

Morphogen Nutrition Morphobrain is a beast of a formula to. Huge Zynamite dosage and pretty heavy on the Mucuna dosage as well.

I do think if you are newer to these things the Focus XT is a better starter. I LOVE Morphobrain, but it is a bit different compared to the more conventional Focus XT.

I know you mentioned taking Rhodiola already and it isn't necessarily billed as a Nootropic formula, but SNS Stress and Anxiety may be worth looking into. Rhodiola, Sensoril, Theanine, and Bacopa all exert some Nootropic benefits + anxiety relief as well.
I would recommend caffeine free Focus XT from SNS - it's great for what you're describing.

Clear Edge from Evomuse is also great - but I don't think it's available anywhere.
Thanks guys. I'll look at stim-free Focus XT and then also SNS Stress and Anxiety. Appreciate your feedback. Cheers.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Looks like a good formula. ...Whats with all the talk on Reddit about Lion's Mane causing lower libido? I read a lot of that last week while researching LM.
I'd be careful with reddit's "ideas" sometimes. Things get parroted and turned into big issues, when it can literally be a few users repeating the same thing, then people noceboing themselves into believing it (it happens on here too, no internet forum is immune).

There are no studies to even draw conclusions about even potential issues here. The study I've seen posted on there wasn't even on Lions Mane. I've seen some try to claim since some mushrooms potentially lower DHT (which even for those it is debatable based on the studies) that it is a reason Lions Mane does too, even though it isn't some universal all mushrooms lower DHT occurrence (some raise it).

That isn't to say that it is impossible that this could be a side effect, I have my doubts, I've never experienced it (and I take more than I think most people on here use), you must always remember ingredients are probably not going to have only positive effects (must keep net benefits in mind), and that it is hard to even qualify what some people mean when they say "libido" (on the internet it is like this super vague term that can mean so many different things).

Sorry a little all over, just worked out and my mind is racing, so hope that makes sense!

Bigmac2013

Bigmac2013

Awards
I'm looking to try a blend. I've been dealing with a little bit of brain fog probably due to mild anxiety after my lay off 6 weeks ago.

Overall, I'm in great health and shape at 43 years old. Work out 5 days a week and stick to a good schedule. Never drink except socially on occasional weekends.

I am in the process of starting a blog and book and am struggling to stay focused. My counselor/therapist believes it's due to mild and anxiety. I'm not big into pharma drugs, so I want to try something else.

Also, I take 200mg of caffeine pills 6 days a week and usually get a mild crash but intensified brain fog on those days at 3pm. I also occasionally take rosea rhodiloa, and b-complex and 2000mg of Vit C 4-5 days week. I'm interested in trying a blend like Onnit's Alpha Brain, Mind Lab Pro, and I've tried Nootropmix Max with good success in the past, but I'm looking for a blend that does not have caffeine.

Cheers!
Sorry, know this is an old thread but for years I have used a combination of Alpha GPC, Huperzine-A, and Acetyl-L Carnitine. Helps me with focus tremendously.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry, know this is an old thread but for years I have used a combination of Alpha GPC, Huperzine-A, and Acetyl-L Carnitine. Helps me with focus tremendously.
That's a great combination. I'm not sure if you've looked at Focus XT but it has all of those ingredients in it and is available in a caffeine and caffeine free versions.

Here's the supp facts for the Caffeine Free:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
another one to look at is iconic formulations-endoamp max!!!

transdermal pregnenolone also helps with my brain fog.

Snapmoney

Snapmoney

Awards
I have had excellent results with Alpha Brain from Onnit, one of the most effective supplements I have ever taken, and I have taken a LOT of them over 25 years. I take it before big meetings for work, before the first game of a softball tournament, and before focus days of lifting like Leg Day. It's like adderall without the you know, meth and stuff lol. Great supplement. Give it a try, also their New Mood is a great 5-HTP based sup, I take that as well, they make great stuff at Onnit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bump. Any other suggestions?
like i said endoamp max and or transdermal pregnenolone works really well for me...i am prescribed donepezil [generic aricept] but like you, i don't like taking pharmaceuticals if i can find more natural supplements that help as well or close to the prescription medication....don't get me wrong the day will probably come that i will need to take the aricept, but for now the endoamp/TD preg is working pretty well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For stimulant free options, I think its hard to beat Focus XT.

And you can always add in KannaEase as needed to help with motivation and the anxiety.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
like i said endoamp max and or transdermal pregnenolone works really well for me...i am prescribed donepezil [generic aricept] but like you, i don't like taking pharmaceuticals if i can find more natural supplements that help as well or close to the prescription medication....don't get me wrong the day will probably come that i will need to take the aricept, but for now the endoamp/TD preg is working pretty well.

good luck to @JYD i know how it feels to be laid off, i was laid off back in 2008 when the market crashed but it worked out well for me, i hope it works out well for you also!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JYD

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good luck to @JYD i know how it feels to be laid off, i was laid off back in 2008 when the market crashed but it worked out well for me, i hope it works out well for you also!!!
Thank you, sir. Just saw I wrote this back in August. WHAT A ROLLER COASTER. I have Focus XT on the way...

Without getting into too much detail, I found the single best supplement for me to get through my depression after a tough year last year was psylocibin. Yes: shrooms. I microdosed off and on for a few months and it was a miracle for me. Maybe that's for another thread.

For stimulant free options, I think its hard to beat Focus XT.

And you can always add in KannaEase as needed to help with motivation and the anxiety.
Thanks. I figured out my anxiety was more depression related, so I had to tackle that with therapy and the psylocibin. I'm looking forward to trying the Caffiene Free Focus XT next week.

I'll keep y'all posted.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks. I figured out my anxiety was more depression related, so I had to tackle that with therapy and the psylocibin. I'm looking forward to trying the Caffiene Free Focus XT next week.

I'll keep y'all posted.
I'm glad that its helping for you. Anxiety and depression are terrible things; I've struggled with them most of my life. So I'm really glad you're feeling better.

And I really hope you'll like Focus XT.

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, sir. Just saw I wrote this back in August. WHAT A ROLLER COASTER. I have Focus XT on the way...

Without getting into too much detail, I found the single best supplement for me to get through my depression after a tough year last year was psylocibin. Yes: shrooms. I microdosed off and on for a few months and it was a miracle for me. Maybe that's for another thread.

I'll keep y'all posted.
I have to agree here. I used psychedelics regularly for recreational purposes until my mid 20’s. in my late 20’s and early 30s I found that I was overwhelmed and under motivated due to depression and anxiety. I came very close to losing my family over my self destructive mood swings and anger. I wasn’t pleasant to be around as my perspective and mood was often unbearable for those closest to me, including my children. it’s actually rather difficult for me to discuss, as there’s quite a bit of shame that I hold onto. Although I never became physical, the emotional damage I caused was rather severe.
I began using psylocibin in small doses (.2-.5G). Not only Did it allow me to honestly reflect on my shitty behavior, it allowed me to effectively recognize my behavior (sometimes in the moment) and make permanent changes. It allowed me to be accountable to myself and those around me. Probably the most profoundly effective addition to my life, outside of my children and my wife. Also the most effective adaptogen/anti depressant/anti anxiety supplement/pharamaceutical I’ve ever used. I could go on and on about how effective psilocybin is, but I’ll stop here. If anyone is interested in hearing more, I have quite a bit of experience with psychedelics both medicinally and recreationally, feel free to dm me so as not to distract from the original topic of this thread.