Cacao and stem cells

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently saw some information that cacao, drank twice a day in a study, produced a 200% output in stem cell production from the participants who had the real cacao. As opposed to the participants who just had a chocolate drink. I'm in my late 40s, have been training for a long time, and I'm really familiar with the way my body responds to things. I recently changed my workout to rest pause, which always brings about the pain. My cacao showed up on day one after the first workout. My body was very sore, but as we all know, day two is where I was really going to pay. I took two heaping tablespoons of cacao and added it to my protein drink that is the last thing I consume of the day. When I woke up the next day, I was not sore, like not sore at all. I told a friend who also trains. He bought some and did the same exact experiment, with the same exact result. After I was about 5 days in, I actually messaged my wife from the gym and told her that I look like I just started a cycle, and the drugs were starting to kick in. Mind you, this is taking place during a time when I'm dropped my TRT from 200 mg a week, to 150 mg per week. I have also gained a significant amount of strength. As I am aging, and fearful of injury, my sets usually consist of 15 plus rep ranges to failure. At the beginning of this experiment, I could hit 85lb, on the particular leg extension at my gym for about 15 reps. Yesterday, two weeks into this ordeal, I hit 100 lb for 23 reps. I'm not sure if this information would be beneficial for the younger lifters, but I have found it to be extremely helpful for myself. I have another friend that is about to implement this into his training, also older like myself. Will report back. By the way, this stuff is like 15 bucks for 2 lb, and it just makes your protein drink taste delicious.

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I am a fan of CocoaVia Heart as it has full spectrum cocoa in it with 1130Mg of cocoa extract with 500mg of cocoa flavanols including 85mg of epicatechin. Further it is the exact formula used in the COSMOS study which showed improvements in heart health and reduction in death amongst other things.

So i take that daily year round.

That said, my plan is to fold in CEL Epi-Plex during the last 6 weeks of every mesocycle to get an additional 300mg of Epicatechin for the anabolic effect.

Also if you are interested in longevity, look into
I take all 3 of these daily also. In general after 45 days, I have a general feeling like a small fire is burning in me at all times ready to produce energy. I am never worn out.

Oh, and im 50!

@sns8778

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a fan of CocoaVia Heart as it has full spectrum cocoa in it with 1130Mg of cocoa extract with 500mg of cocoa flavanols including 85mg of epicatechin. Further it is the exact formula used in the COSMOS study which showed improvements in heart health and reduction in death amongst other things.

So i take that daily year round.

That said, my plan is to fold in CEL Epi-Plex during the last 6 weeks of every mesocycle to get an additional 300mg of Epicatechin for the anabolic effect.

I take all 3 of these daily also. In general after 45 days, I have a general feeling like a small fire is burning in me at all times ready to produce energy. I am never worn out.

Oh, and im 50!

@sns8778
Thanks for that info brother. Good stuff

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Oh, and im 50!

@sns8778
I use Epi-Plex year round for the overall health benefits and its the best thing I've ever used for muscular endurance, which is something I've struggled with in the past.

I haven't been able to work out since my accident and Urolithin-B XT was one of the first things I wanted to try when I could, but you talking about energy has sold me on going ahead and starting bc I've been struggling with post concussion fatigue since the accident and then after having Covid its just been brutal. So I'm going to go ahead and start, actually just popped the first capsule of it a moment ago. I hope it'll help with my energy levels like it has yours.

That's awesome that you'd 50 and feel energized and never worn out.

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I use Epi-Plex year round for the overall health benefits and its the best thing I've ever used for muscular endurance, which is something I've struggled with in the past.

I haven't been able to work out since my accident and Urolithin-B XT was one of the first things I wanted to try when I could, but you talking about energy has sold me on going ahead and starting bc I've been struggling with post concussion fatigue since the accident and then after having Covid its just been brutal. So I'm going to go ahead and start, actually just popped the first capsule of it a moment ago. I hope it'll help with my energy levels like it has yours.

That's awesome that you'd 50 and feel energized and never worn out.
I may just add 1 dose of Epi-Plex daily for year round on top of the CocoaVia Heart!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I may just add 1 dose of Epi-Plex daily for year round on top of the CocoaVia Heart!
I think that 1 capsule per day year round would be great for most people and then could bump to 2 caps for bodybuilding purposes. I do 2 caps per day year round, but I'm a unique circumstance on that because I have an autoimmune condition that really affects my muscular endurance and makes me fatigue quickly, not just in training but in basic day to day life, and Epi-Plex has helped me tremendously with that.

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think that 1 capsule per day year round would be great for most people and then could bump to 2 caps for bodybuilding purposes. I do 2 caps per day year round, but I'm a unique circumstance on that because I have an autoimmune condition that really affects my muscular endurance and makes me fatigue quickly, not just in training but in basic day to day life, and Epi-Plex has helped me tremendously with that.
SO glad that it is helping you! I will try 1 daily year round then add a 2nd for the last half of every mesocycle along with Phosphatic Acid and XGels

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SO glad that it is helping you! I will try 1 daily year round then add a 2nd for the last half of every mesocycle along with Phosphatic Acid and XGels
I think that's a great approach and will be a great stack.

And thank you. The autoimmune condition that I have causes a lot of inflammation during flareups but causes extreme fatigue. My rheumatologist has told me in the past that on a day that I say I feel good would be the way a normal healthy person would feel when they had a slight case of the flu.

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think that's a great approach and will be a great stack.

And thank you. The autoimmune condition that I have causes a lot of inflammation during flareups but causes extreme fatigue. My rheumatologist has told me in the past that on a day that I say I feel good would be the way a normal healthy person would feel when they had a slight case of the flu.
Just bought 5 bottles of Epi-Plex. My gal is 40yo and i am also gonna start her on Urolithin B XT and Epi-Plex at 1 pill each as a daily supplement to improve energy and performance year round.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just bought 5 bottles of Epi-Plex. My gal is 40yo and i am also gonna start her on Urolithin B XT and Epi-Plex at 1 pill each as a daily supplement to improve energy and performance year round.
That's great to hear. If you think about it, let me know how she likes it and if she can tell a difference.

I just started Urolithin-B XT myself and anxious to see how it feels added into the stack I'm using now. I had really sunk into a bad depression after my accident and really let myself go, so I'm doing a pretty intense supplement stack for fat loss now. I have to be careful when cleaning my diet up too much at one time because drastic dietary changes, even good ones, can cause my autoimmune condition to flare up, so I'm shifting into a better diet a little at a time but going heavy on the supplements right now to kick things into gear and so far very happy with them and the fat loss. But feel like crap from my general fatigue issues anyway plus the way that changing my diet has affected me.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into the autoimmune diet, or just going back to me at and water, then logging the foods you reintroduce, and seeing what flares you up?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you looked into the autoimmune diet, or just going back to me at and water, then logging the foods you reintroduce, and seeing what flares you up?
Flareups for me are caused by any dramatic dietary changes, even good ones.
It's the dramatic change itself that can cause the flareups.

I do have the non-Celiac autoimmune condition related to gluten on top of my autoimmune condition, so gluten is definitely a big issue but I am very cautious about cross contamination and things like that.

Example, for the last year since my accident, I've had a lot of issues with depression and have just ate terrible. I knew I couldn't just go from terrible to a clean diet bc it would cause a flareup so I've been trying to clean things up gradually. First week, just no sugar and no more than 30 carbs at a sitting. Then the past week went down to a hundred carbs or less per day - and I feel like absolute death. Literally the connective tissues around every joint on my body hurts, skin is broken out, etc. It's what always happens when I change my diet up dramatically. I felt better and my skin was more clear eating pizza and candy every day than I do right now. Now, I know give it a few weeks and I'll likely feel a lot better overall, but I just gave that as an example of how the change itself is what wrecks me.

I do appreciate your suggestion though. That's very nice of you. Thank you.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Regarding the study. Have you been able to find out if it had to be hot cacao and why it had to be liquid? I came across one guy who said it had to be hot to work, but cant find any source.

I myself get 20g cacao nibs in the morning and 20g 80% dark chocolate in the evening. But i eat it, so i wonder if the effects are the same.