Unanswered Cabergoline lowers blood pressure

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So i started 0.25mg caber 2x per week for high prolactin. I only took one dose so far and my blood pressure is lower, dyastolic hovers in the 50s when i am at rest. Prior it was 65-75.

Does this also happen to some of you? It is not a case for concern during the day, but i am worried it may drop too low when i am asleep.

it does measure in the 60s and 70s from time to time. So its not like it is always in the 50s. But as i said, during sleep is when i am concerned, as my heartbeat drops to 40 bpm at some point during sleep, confirmed with ecg holter monitor. At rest, like right now when i lay in bed it is 55-60 bpm.

What i am doing about it? I make sure i stay super hydrated and have increased sodium intake.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From NetDoctor:

Cabergoline can cause a drop in blood pressure when you first start treatment, and this may cause dizziness or fainting. To minimise these side effects the dose of cabergoline is increased slowly, usually over three to four weeks. Follow the instructions given by your doctor or pharmacist.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From NetDoctor:

Cabergoline can cause a drop in blood pressure when you first start treatment, and this may cause dizziness or fainting. To minimise these side effects the dose of cabergoline is increased slowly, usually over three to four weeks. Follow the instructions given by your doctor or pharmacist.
I know that. I am just concerned a bit what happens during sleep.

Well i guess i gotta ask my doc who prescribed it to me 😂

Although she definitely wouldnt be surprised that i am taking something on my own.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know that. I am just concerned a bit what happens during sleep.

Well i guess i gotta ask my doc who prescribed it to me 😂

Although she definitely wouldnt be surprised that i am taking something on my own.
You asked if others experienced this.... So of course I wouldn't be aware that you already knew the answer. :)

TBH, I would be a little concerned if I were you.

If you know a healthcare professional that you can trust, you could ask them. ... Or a Pharmacist.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I mean this is the most efficient way of lowering prolactin. And the side effects of prami should be worse afaik.
And really, 0.25mg 2x per week is a starting dose. I will even
go 0.25 mg e5d if symptoms persist.