Burning after NPP shot

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, did my first ever pin of NPP today, but started to notice site pain and a burning sensation very quickly after pin. Both still present, 4h past pin.

Site is side delt. 50mg (0.5ml) npp (SIS) and 75mg (0.3ml) TestE. I know test is O.K. as I've been pinning it in my delt for the past 2 weeks. Needle was 29g. Went in through what felt like some scar tissue. Absolutely no pain whatsoever but hard to push through.

Anybody had a similar experience, is npp known to sting? Tnx! Or it might have been just a bad spot to pin, idk...

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, did my first ever pin of NPP today, but started to notice site pain and a burning sensation very quickly after pin. Both still present, 4h past pin.

Site is side delt. 50mg (0.5ml) npp (SIS) and 75mg (0.3ml) TestE. I know test is O.K. as I've been pinning it in my delt for the past 2 weeks. Needle was 29g. Went in through what felt like some scar tissue. Absolutely no pain whatsoever but hard to push through.

Anybody had a similar experience, is npp known to sting? Tnx! Or it might have been just a bad spot to pin, idk...
See this is why homebrew rocks. Just the anxiety from pinning something made by who knows who would destroy me.

I will most likely run anything i acquire from a ugl through a 0.22 micron filter, just to be safe.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is it hot to the touch?

I did tons of injections over the 8 months i have been on self administered "trt" and i didnt have a SINGLE shot go bad, no redness, itching, itritation, warmth, nothing!

And i dont think i am anything special when it comes to hygiene. It is the fact that i used sterile gear that i made myself.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
NPP is definitely not supposed to be painful bro. What’s it dosed at? I know a lot of companies struggle with it if it’s too concentrated though. I’ve pinned up 2cc if NPP at once without pip it’s a clear pip free drug normally...!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
npp stings in my shoulders too bro. not the worst ive delt with but it smarts for sure

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Imho, apart from infectioj there are 2 possibilities.

1) too much benzyl alcohol

2) not enough benzyl benzoate and therefore it is crystallizing within the muscle. Although the latter would cause soreness rather than burning, and most likely the next day, not right away.

Keep an eye on it, if it is 1st time using this batch, it might be contaminated, npp is a purely ugl steroid.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I usually only get stinging when going into my pecs (and even then, not all the time).

I think its a nerve thing unique to certain sites; or, certain sites are more susceptible to a specific type of nerve stimulation by the needle/fluid.

Ill pin the exact some stuff in my ass or legs, and have no issues.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1) too much benzyl alcohol
This is what I am thinking to. As I just did a nother pin, in my right delt this time, and it started stinging the second I pulled it out. (Yes, the alcohol dried on my skin befor pin).

It is not crystallised. And as the stinging start immediately it's probably to much benzyl right?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NPP is definitely not supposed to be painful bro. What’s it dosed at? I know a lot of companies struggle with it if it’s too concentrated though. I’ve pinned up 2cc if NPP at once without pip it’s a clear pip free drug normally...!
It's dosed 100mg/ml. So it's not highly dosed... UGL is SIS.

Nothing serious has happened from the Wednesday's left delt pin, just a bit of pip...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it hot to the touch?

I did tons of injections over the 8 months i have been on self administered "trt" and i didnt have a SINGLE shot go bad, no redness, itching, itritation, warmth, nothing!

And i dont think i am anything special when it comes to hygiene. It is the fact that i used sterile gear that i made myself.
Well, I also didn't have a pin go bad, ever. And I wouldn't count this as a bad pin also...

To lazy to brew my self though : )

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I usually only get stinging when going into my pecs (and even then, not all the time).

I think its a nerve thing unique to certain sites; or, certain sites are more susceptible to a specific type of nerve stimulation by the needle/fluid.

Ill pin the exact some stuff in my ass or legs, and have no issues.
Most definitely true. But till now, delt's have been absolutely pain free for me. When I pin, I don't feel anything. Never pinned delts before, so I am pleasantly surprised. Quads are a pain compared to delts. Both with a 29g.

Haven't done chest before. Where on chest do you pin?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most definitely true. But till now, delt's have been absolutely pain free for me. When I pin, I don't feel anything. Never pinned delts before, so I am pleasantly surprised. Quads are a pain compared to delts. Both with a 29g.

Haven't done chest before. Where on chest do you pin?
Mid pec where its meatiest and low in fat.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's dosed 100mg/ml. So it's not highly dosed... UGL is SIS.

Nothing serious has happened from the Wednesday's left delt pin, just a bit of pip...
Yeah no way it’s the actual compound bro! In Canada it’s dosed 150mg/ml I don’t really ever heard someone complain about NPP pip.. you should be all right the next injections.. probably hit something

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah no way it’s the actual compound bro! In Canada it’s dosed 150mg/ml I don’t really ever heard someone complain about NPP pip.. you should be all right the next injections.. probably hit something
It's definetly the gear. Pinned my right delt today. Same reaction. Burning from the same moment I removed the pin.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's definetly the gear. Pinned my right delt today. Same reaction. Burning from the same moment I removed the pin.
Might be the concentration or whatever that’s fucked but I meant it’s not NPP itself for SURE. you’re the first guy I’ve seen in the last 5 years complain about pip from NPP. I’d try another vial or simply switch labs. If you’re from Canada I can hook you up with the best lab In the country.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Might be the concentration or whatever that’s fucked but I meant it’s not NPP itself for SURE. you’re the first guy I’ve seen in the last 5 years complain about pip from NPP. I’d try another vial or simply switch labs. If you’re from Canada I can hook you up with the best lab In the country.
Oh I see. Ok.

Tnx man. I'm from europe though... I have 3 vials of this stuff and as I presume that the pip is from to much benzyl, I'll suffer through I guess. What can go wrong heh?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, Im kinda not surprised. I think chest/delts have more sensitive pain receptorz. Thats my experience anyway.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Like i said, i never had anything more than a tiny bit of soreness, even in the delts and quads, the next day, usually when opening up a new muscle group, with neither test e @ 250mg/ml or mast e @200mg/ml (mast was crystallizing in the vial so i thought pip was going to be horrendous, but nothing, next time would brew @ 150 mg/ml).

btw @Jinsun your npp came in a vial and not amps, right?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like i said, i never had anything more than a tiny bit of soreness, even in the delts and quads, the next day, usually when opening up a new muscle group, with neither test e @ 250mg/ml or mast e @200mg/ml (mast was crystallizing in the vial so i thought pip was going to be horrendous, but nothing, next time would brew @ 150 mg/ml).

btw @Jinsun your npp came in a vial and not amps, right?
Vial. SIS.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, Im kinda not surprised. I think chest/delts have more sensitive pain receptorz. Thats my experience anyway.
Yeah, maybe... I pinned the left delt again and this time there was no burning feeling. Just some pain while the pin was in the muscle. I think I moved it to much while injecting b/c I didn't press it strong enough on to the skin.

In any case, while delts seem to have less nerves and veins compared to quads for instance, it does seem to be, as you say, a more sensitive muscle to mechanical damage caused by the needle.

I'll try chest now, just not quite sure where exactly. You said mid pec? That's what, inward, towards the centre of the chest, a bit up from the nipple?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah sorry I meant mid pec vertically...just wherever in that general area where your pec is chunkiest but also leanest.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've never had any issues with quads, just stick to upper outer. I get a lot of bleeding from delts. Chest does seem like a useful/convenient spot though.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never had any issues with quads, just stick to upper outer. I get a lot of bleeding from delts. Chest does seem like a useful/convenient spot though.
Ugh, I hate quads! Anywhere I pinn it feels unpleasant as fuack and I seldom hit a blood vessel or a nerve.

Delts, I don't feel a thing and absolutely no blood whatsoever. Even glutes feel worse then delts for me...

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ugh, I hate quads! Anywhere I pinn it feels unpleasant as fuack and I seldom hit a blood vessel or a nerve.

Delts, I don't feel a thing and absolutely no blood whatsoever. Even glutes feel worse then delts for me...
Yep with quads i pretty much can feel the pin travel through the muscle, feel every millimeter, unlike gutes and delts where it is just a pinch.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep with quads i pretty much can feel the pin travel through the muscle, feel every millimeter, unlike gutes and delts where it is just a pinch.
mhm, something like that. Even with a 29g... I hate it. And I used to pin quads with a 25g. I use 25g only for glutes now.