Bulking diet if money is NOT a factor?

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Hey everyone. I was wondering and wondering, searching, googling and duckduckgoin' all round the interwebs searching for this question. Everything i find is how to bulk as cheap as possible... But even though i am by no stretch of the word rich i find it quite frustrating that i cannot find any recommendations or diets (besides bigass bodybuilders which is not my goal to achieve) that doesn't just consist of rice, pasta, chicken, eggs and so forth. I am well aware that these foods are good and that being a "hardgainer" has to do with eating in a surplus and maintaining macros not about the taste.
But i will ask this and hope some people will chime in. I am not planning to eat filet mignon on the daylee but i have would like to hear from people that bulks, cuts or whatever diet they do where the cost is not the deciding factor. I will still eat my chicken on the bones though, gotta love that ****.

Keep safe in these weird times friends and friendettes!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly its going to come down to personal preferences.

There aren't any specific foods you have to eat to bulk and being budget conscious just changes little things about those decisions.

Not worrying about money you would probably just be more free to eat fresher options (rather than big bulk options of food), maybe opt for more expensive meat choices, and allow for a greater variety of foods.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Then I would do Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet and order all my food from his Meal Prep Company.
He seems to be very sincere when it comes to sourcing the best quality food and makes sure its prepared perfectly.

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
Thanks for the replys!

Then I would do Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet and order all my food from his Meal Prep Company.
He seems to be very sincere when it comes to sourcing the best quality food and makes sure its prepared perfectly.
Thanks for the suggestion, i do however enjoy cooking myself and i rarely meal prep in advance unless i am on budget because sometimes i just feel like eating something completely different that day but i have a meal in the fridge thats already defrosted so i dont enjoy the food the same way if i schedule it to strictly, and i have a very hard time eating my fill if i dont enjoy my meal.. But i will look at it just for the sake of it, it never hurts to look ^^

Asteele08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I second looking into the vertical diet. While he does sell meals, he also explains his philosophy as to why he does what he does. Essentially, he loves quick digesting carbs (like white rice and mashed potatoes) and quality meat like steaks (obviously, don’t forget fruits and veggies. I prefer to drink most of mine in smoothies). I’ve been eating that way and can say that it’s been great. I enjoy my meals and feel my recovery is pretty solid.

Then it gets into preference: how you like your peri workout nutrition (I like a meal 2 hours before, skittles/30g sugar as I workout, shake after my workout, and then a meal within 2 hours), favorite snacks, protein shakes/liquid calories, and how you fit in the extra calories. Bulking is easy with money, just adjust the calories until you find the sweet spot, then make some new habits to support it.

MrSecurity

MrSecurity

Awards
I second looking into the vertical diet. While he does sell meals, he also explains his philosophy as to why he does what he does. Essentially, he loves quick digesting carbs (like white rice and mashed potatoes) and quality meat like steaks (obviously, don’t forget fruits and veggies. I prefer to drink most of mine in smoothies). I’ve been eating that way and can say that it’s been great. I enjoy my meals and feel my recovery is pretty solid.

Then it gets into preference: how you like your peri workout nutrition (I like a meal 2 hours before, skittles/30g sugar as I workout, shake after my workout, and then a meal within 2 hours), favorite snacks, protein shakes/liquid calories, and how you fit in the extra calories. Bulking is easy with money, just adjust the calories until you find the sweet spot, then make some new habits to support it.
Thanks, i am from Denmark and i suppose that this dude sells his meals in America? Would it even be possible to use his meals (other than inspiration which is always good ofc) if i live in Denmark?

Asteele08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, i am from Denmark and i suppose that this dude sells his meals in America? Would it even be possible to use his meals (other than inspiration which is always good ofc) if i live in Denmark?
I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure it’d cost too much and take too long to ship to Denmark. But you could read his nutrition philosophy and make your own meals. His Instagram has info, and he has an ebook for sale too.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah you didnt specify where you where at so if you are in Scendinavia like me you wont be ordering his meals. But like @Asteele08 Ive been following the Vertical Diet for a couple of years now and i absolutely love it. So highly recommend reading up on it. If you have the funds get the ebook, i did and it was worth the 100 dollars imo. BUT you can find tons of information for free, he did a 2 hours seminar in iceland that is out on youtube.