myself: 6ft, 160lbs goal weight 205

carbs: 614.4
calories:3957
protein:239
fats:77

ctoph11

ctoph11

Awards
Looks decently solid. As I am sure you know, everyone reacts differently to different things. Your carbs seem to be high, though if you know your body does well on high carb, this would be good. Your percentages are looking around 60/25/15 for carbs, proteins and fats respectively. A moderate "cookie cutter" (found everywhere online) bulking percentage split is known to be 50/30/20 (though I am sure there are so many more). I have also seen 60/25/15 as "cookie cutter" diets, though that is decently high carbs. This may be unnecessary, depending on how you react.

45 pounds is a large jump. I am sure you know that this will take time, but if you work hard and keep with the high calories, I am sure you will do well. It's all about eating!

I am currently ~210 lbs doing 4000 calories on a slightly tweaked (I do well with high carbs) 50/30/20 split so you will probably go up quickly being 160lbs. Not sure how many calories you have had in the past, though if you are a hard gainer, it may pay off to do this high carb and relatively high (for your body weight) calorie diet. If you have not ran a tracked bulking diet before, you may have to tweak it slightly as you go through and see how your body reacts to different things.

This sport is all about doing what is best for you and you'll never know until you try new things. When I first really got into lifting, I started at 180 lbs and was doing roughly 7000-8000 calories a day and went up like crazy. I feel you will put on some good mass with this split though. Keep us updated on how it is!

Also, remember that you don't need to eat all "bro foods" if you're hitting your macros correctly. I know bikini competitors that eat ice cream every night (yes they are natty) and look great, just because it fits their macros. It doesn't have to be all chicken and rice. A diet like that can take it's toll on your mental health so don't be afraid to switch something out for something more satisfying. Just keep it all in the macros that you know work best for you!

Best of luck to you my friend. I am new to the site so I am adamant about diving in and giving all the advice I have because I know there are people here that know much more than me that can also help you much more. Hopefully my comment is somewhat of use though! Keep it up!

jaces

jaces

Awards
it looks solid... what supplements you taking?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
if not on any supps i would rec:
creatine 3-5g ed
2-3g taurine ed
protein powder
multiv
extra vitD 2000-5000iu ed-3x a week.

tstaff92

Awards
My sups are :
Serious mass
Rule one whey isolate
Pumpx3 vaso diolator
Con crete creatine
Mr. Hyde preworkout
Animal stack and BCAA

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My sups are : Serious mass Rule one whey isolate Pumpx3 vaso diolator Con crete creatine Mr. Hyde preworkout Animal stack and BCAA
Drop the con cret, sabe money and get monohydrate

BCAAs will have very limited use in a bulk as well

Battossi

Awards
You're wasting money IMO on weight gainers ,bcaas and whey isolate. That's my only critique. Also meal timing doesn't matter IMO but that's personal preference.

Also. Get monohydrate as mentioned previously

jaces

jaces

Awards
exactly what the other posters have said... i would just keep the whey for pre and postworkout...

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
more food and more fats, like others have mentioned previously with the supps as well. are you focusing on power 3 type lifts ie, squat dead flat bench?

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I think if you focus on nutrient dense foods to get most of your macros in, you will do alright. Make room to have some pleasure foods from time to time. I mean, you got to have chocolate in there sometime, right? Totes agree with what others say about all the sups, use only as last resort. But def no mass gainer unless you love it like ice cream.. Personally I choose ice cream over mass gainer every single time.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't forget to lift. I don't see a workout plan at all. :)
THIS

We can't really critique a diet without knowing the activity you are partaking in, brotha man! You may be overeating for your activity level, you're only at 160 and the amount you're eating may contribute to a bit of fat gain :11:

tstaff92

Awards
As of right now i am following joe stoppani's lean and large program every workout is 4 sets 2x6 2x12 it has the 3 big lifts bench squat and deadlift as well

tstaff92

Awards
I like it not as rich of a chocolate flavor as most isolates are

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As of right now i am following joe stoppani's lean and large program every workout is 4 sets 2x6 2x12 it has the 3 big lifts bench squat and deadlift as well
How many times a week? How active are you aside from your workouts? Job etc

tstaff92

Awards
Its a six day a week program with one rest day chest/tri, legs/abs, shoulders traps,back/bis,chest/tri,legs/abs,rest... according to nutrion for dummies i lhave an active work life, so my resting calories should be around 2,000

Battossi

Awards
Its a six day a week program with one rest day chest/tri, legs/abs, shoulders traps,back/bis,chest/tri,legs/abs,rest... according to nutrion for dummies i lhave an active work life, so my resting calories should be around 2,000
I'm sitting around all day, going to the gym for about an hour 4x a week and almost no cardio and I'm sitting at 4100 barely gaining weight.

Resting calories are not the same as tdee. I suggest using an online calculator to find the value and adjust as needed. Also....6x a week is a bit..much even for a steroid user. You could be doing to much volume.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 19
Bulking 14
stespiel Anabolics 14
jt123 Anabolics 11
Ectofighter Bulking 11