Bulking assistance needed - how do you eat this much food!?

Val_0

Awards
I am 32, ~200lbs. I should be eating ~3500cal (not being exact with # as this is not the point of the thread). I try for 6 to 8 meals/day due to my work/sleep schedule. I find that I don't hungry enough between the meals to be able to eat as much as I should. After my morning eggs/oatmeal I don't want to look at food for 5 hours but need to eat sooner. Chicken/rice/beans/etc prevents me from eating for another 5 hours. Smaller meals/more often produce the same result. Add all the water on top of that and I fail miserably. I tried bitters as they supposed to increase appetite but they don't work for me. The only way I am able to consume the correct amount of food is with the help of THC.

Any suggestions? Anything on the market that is able to increase my appetite? Thanks!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am 32, ~200lbs. I should be eating ~3500cal (not being exact with # as this is not the point of the thread). I try for 6 to 8 meals/day due to my work/sleep schedule. I find that I don't hungry enough between the meals to be able to eat as much as I should. After my morning eggs/oatmeal I don't want to look at food for 5 hours but need to eat sooner. Chicken/rice/beans/etc prevents me from eating for another 5 hours. Smaller meals/more often produce the same result. Add all the water on top of that and I fail miserably. I tried bitters as they supposed to increase appetite but they don't work for me. The only way I am able to consume the correct amount of food is with the help of THC.

Any suggestions? Anything on the market that is able to increase my appetite? Thanks!
Try adding some foods with highir caloric density than what you have listed there. Natural peanutbutter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.... swap out some of your water intake with milk or almond milk for some extra calories.

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
^^^That.

Also cut down on the oats for a while and use something that'll digest faster. White rice works well. Oats and other high fiber foods keep the body satiated for quite a while (remember that for when you cut)

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Calorie dense foods buddy. Milk instead of water. Potatoes and whole eggs for breakfast. Steel cut oats are twice as dense as normal oats. If you can't eat em, drink em. Grind the oats to dust, mix with milk and protein, chug chug chug.

Another trick is snacks. If youre health conscious, aim for jerky. If your wallet is real tight, aim for nuts. If you just want calories and don't give a rats ass how, get potatoe chips and Oreos and go to town.

Nutella works if you don't like peanut butter btw. Your appetite just needs training, pardon the bioscience. Once you get used to eating like a beast, it'll get easier

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Potato chips aren't always bad but it really just depends on who you get them from.

Calories 150

Total Fat 9.0g
Saturated Fat 2.0g
Sodium 95mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.0g
Dietary Fiber 1.0g
Sugars 0.9g
Protein 2.0g

That's the nutrition facts for the chips that I eat. It's somewhat local though.

Val_0

Awards
Thanks for the advice guys! I should redo my diet this week.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Potato chips aren't always bad but it really just depends on who you get them from.

Calories 150

Total Fat 9.0g
Saturated Fat 2.0g
Sodium 95mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.0g
Dietary Fiber 1.0g
Sugars 0.9g
Protein 2.0g

That's the nutrition facts for the chips that I eat. It's somewhat local though.
whatever you do, avoid the dill pickle chips. they taste like butthole. lol

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
whatever you do, avoid the dill pickle chips. they taste like butthole. lol
That just sounds disgusting :lol: I love dill pickles but I feel like the flavored chips would be nasty. Also never got into the whole ketchup flavored chip thing.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That just sounds disgusting :lol: I love dill pickles but I feel like the flavored chips would be nasty. Also never got into the whole ketchup flavored chip thing.
it's a canadian thing I think, like poutine. I'm in Buffalo and all kinds of Canadian things slip over the boarder

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
Pickle chips are delicious, although I have been known to toss the occasional salad....

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trickybiz

Trickybiz

Awards
Have you tried a calorie dense shake. Peanut butter mixed in with a standard protein shake can add lots of calories. I've also seen some pretty good weight gainer products on the market but they leave a lot to desire for taste.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Have you tried a calorie dense shake. Peanut butter mixed in with a standard protein shake can add lots of calories. I've also seen some pretty good weight gainer products on the market but they leave a lot to desire for taste.
Good suggestion here. But I wouldn't spend $50 on a gainer with ~16 servings. Just mix protein and milk with nearly anything:
Peanut butter
Nutella
Oatmeal
Dextrose or sugar
Ice cream
Fruits

Saves a ton of cash, get to micromanage amount of calories in shake, and it tastes better this way

dayoff

Awards
Choclate milk. Half a gallon has 1300-1400 cals. Around 64 grams protein and approx 250 carbs

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Make meat loaf with lean mince. I have a similar cal intake to you and when i made it and worked out the calories i was nearly done for the day by 3pm, LOL.

2 pounds of mince
1 cup of wholemeal breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 cup of diced tomato
1/2 cup of ground parsley
1 egg
1/4 cup of low fat parmasain(sp?) cheese

This should make 8 servings at 440 calories each. Its really easy to get through. I can eat 4 servings easy in a day with some kidney beans. Add in oats +whey for breakfast + chicken for dinner and you will hit your calories easy

You can also do 250g lowfat cottage cheese +1/2 scoop whey +tablespoon of organic penut butter just before bed for extra calories.

Val_0

Awards
HAHAHA! Sorry, can't really handle milk... If I were to consume that much I could clear out a city block in under 5 min!

Val_0

Awards
That recipe looks really good! Thanks for the advice!

foxpharma

Banned
Awards
Make meat loaf with lean mince. I have a similar cal intake to you and when i made it and worked out the calories i was nearly done for the day by 3pm, LOL.

2 pounds of mince
1 cup of wholemeal breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 cup of diced tomato
1/2 cup of ground parsley
1 egg
1/4 cup of low fat parmasain(sp?) cheese

This should make 8 servings at 440 calories each. Its really easy to get through. I can eat 4 servings easy in a day with some kidney beans. Add in oats +whey for breakfast + chicken for dinner and you will hit your calories easy

You can also do 250g lowfat cottage cheese +1/2 scoop whey +tablespoon of organic penut butter just before bed for extra calories.
Hm nice recipe I will try it. Thanks bro

chestbrother

Awards

In the morning of a bulk I would like to eat 6 eggs scrambled with 4 rounds of whole meal toast. Sometimes throw a chicken fillet in with it and a protein shake and that is over 1000 calories on its own. For lunch take 2 cans of tuna, 4 rounds whole meal bread, bit of mayo and banana. That's nearly another thousand. Throughout the day have a quest protein bar another whey shake post workout and a post work out meal that rounds up my macros and is 3000+ calories in 3 easy sittings.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
3 Potatoes and 3 eggs with olive oil for breakfast + 2 cups milk = 1000 cals of morning glory