Brofessorx has a question about lgd for you sarm guys

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, I figured it was time to give lgd a run, so I started researching clinical dosing for it.

( forgive me if this has been asked )

I read a study where it was tested on primates at dosages of .6, 3, 15, & 75 mg per kg. For 13 weeks.
It had excellent results. Next testing is on people with hip fractures it said.

Anyway, so I was okay, I want the monkey dose.

I put my weight at 185, so 83.9146kg.
If I go with .6mg, the lowest, that's basically 50mg.
Second dosage, 15mg, that's 1.2 grams.

I'm not even going into the other dosages after that.

Now, my Olympus legend is only 4mg per capsule.
Basically 0.05mg per kg.

Take 8mg, it's basically 0.09mg per kg.
All 3 caps each day, 12mg, basically 0.1mg per kg.

Double the dosage, 24mg, still basically only .3 mg per kg.

So, though I haven't used it yet, I like to use at or a little more than the researched dosage, and I'm feeling a little ripped off.

9 bottles would be needed for a 12 week cycle at 36mg each day, still only .4mg/kg compared to lowest dose of .6mg/kg

Now I'm not saying it isn't going to work. Just, what's up with this yo

Questions, comments, concerns?

Btw, lgd is also known as vk5211

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/viking-therapeutics-presents-new-data-on-vk5211-demonstrating-robust-weight-gain-in-primates-following-13-weeks-of-treatment-300188680.html

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Lol if you're that concerned why not by Raws from China and dose the way you want ? And anything above 12mgs seems to be more cons then pro's . Diminishing returns .

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
linked. Zero sides noted in the study it seems.

Monkeys got significant results even at 75mg/kg

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Mmmmmm well are you volunteering to be our human Guinea pig and megadose it??

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Increases in body weight in males had a mean gain of 27%-157%

The significant increases in weight observed in this study, which continued through the entire 13 week treatment window, are quite promising and consistent with data from a previous human Phase 1 study, which demonstrated increases in muscle mass after only three weeks of exposure,"

These findings are not anticipated to result in safety concerns in an elderly human population.

Meaning it shows there shouldn't be any concerns for old people based off these results

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mmmmmm well are you volunteering to be our human Guinea pig and megadose it??
I would if there was legit lgd dosed at 20mg per cap, 90 caps per bottle.

Unfortunately I don't know of any other trusted companies besides Olympus, and well........

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It seems human dosages studied in both phase 1, and phase 2 were much lower than what legend is dosed at.

Phase 2 results I haven't seen released yet. Or can't find it.

But back to the monkeys which were specifically looking at Dem GAINZ
It was something more relevant to our interest:
In a primate model, VK5211 treatment resulted in a dramatic increase in muscle growth compared to a placebo group. VK5211 was shown to be safe and well-tolerated in this model.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yea, I'm going to be running legend at 4mg each day soon

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mod edit: RULES

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I feel reasonably confident that, if you are going to respond well to lgd, 12-16mg/d will be sufficient.

Just pepper your lipids though.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a brofessor or anything but this sound like badd idea.
just plain bad

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel reasonably confident that, if you are going to respond well to lgd, 12-16mg/d will be sufficient.

I agree on that the dosing people take works. People would be complaining if it didn't.

Was just hoping for more insight/discussion on the primate dosage and results.

So far it seems sides from the lgd that's been used in the studies hasn't caused any sides worth noting.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not a brofessor or anything but this sound like badd idea.
just plain bad
Don't have to be a brofessor to read the info and wonder.......

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I ran 12 weeks at 12mg and 16 mg expensive as **** but my best cycle I've ever done ever. I had a friend who do 24mg for 8 weeks he was 210 at 5'11 and he got up to the 230s i think. The sides he told me were-
Tons of acne
Aggression through the roof with anything
Losing hair
Mood swings
Oh and DEM GAINS, I would never go over 16mg as I just don't see a need to but hey he got some insane results his arms were monstrous
LGD gains are mainly in the chest traps and biceps. EVERYTIME I ran it that's what blew up FAST.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome. My 33 y/o broken body is constantly getting hurt, so I'm hoping for some of those heeling effects the seniors in the study are getting.
Thinking of stacking them.
5mg osta, 4mg lgd, 4mg rad, 12 weeks
Or maybe just one compound solo. Probably just one.

I'm big enough and happy with minimal strength gains. So I don't mind minimal GAINZ

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
That's awesome. My 33 y/o broken body is constantly getting hurt, so I'm hoping for some of those heeling effects the seniors in the study are getting.
Thinking of stacking them.
5mg osta, 4mg lgd, 4mg rad, 12 weeks.
You'd need a base for RAD, the lethargy is GROSS.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You'd need a base for RAD, the lethargy is GROSS.
I've gotten no lethargy from 12mg rad.
Run superdrol or m1t solo, that's lethargy.

Only (noticeable) side I've had from rad is constipation

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I agree on that the dosing people take works. People would be complaining if it didn't.

Was just hoping for more insight/discussion on the primate dosage and results.

So far it seems sides from the lgd that's been used in the studies hasn't caused any sides worth noting.
As LGD is considered suppressive, I wonder if they fondled the primates' danglies to check for shrinkage.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Well, you know what they say ... any fool with quick hands can grab a gorilla's nuts, but it takes a true hero to hold on and squeeze.
Huh, Odd how there's a saying that directly applies to this... hmm :popworm:

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I am using 20 mg a day stacked with 11Kt. I am definitely feeing and seeing results. Enough r that I ordered 5 more bottles of LGD before its out of stock everywhere any advice on protecting lipid profile? My knowledge on that is dated.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I am using 20 mg a day stacked with 11Kt. I am definitely feeing and seeing results. Enough r that I ordered 5 more bottles of LGD before its out of stock everywhere any advice on protecting lipid profile? My knowledge on that is dated.
Basic stuff like fishoil, garlic and good dietary fats will go a long way.

Beyond that, theres a crap load of potential supps available.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Basic stuff like fishoil, garlic and good dietary fats will go a long way.

Beyond that, theres a crap load of potential supps available.
Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any new Magic.

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
Is lipids going South the biggest health issue we have with LGD at this very moment or is it something more I have missed?

I had a good cycel with LGD on a a ramping protocol up to 12 mg for aprx 12 weeks (I had some other things in there as well) and got some decent results. The recovery afterwards was tough though.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Yep lipids seems to be what gets effected , however this is dependent on the person. Also on the rad , no test base will counter rad . I personally would have no problem never running rad again because it makes me feel like dog ****

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From cynomolgus monkey to man, divide by 3 for H.E.D.
So 0.2, 1, 5 and 25mg per kg

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two points to consider regarding cardiovascular health here:

Cholesterine profile is not that important for arterial health as most of us think and docs and pharm industry tell us. Thats the reason why statins do more harm than good. The biggest impact on atherosclerosis in fact is given by lipoprotein a which is mainly determined by genetics but its influence can be controlled by a vit c/lysine/proline combo. Google pauling therapy.anabolics even lower the bad lipoprotein a.

Then there is very strong evidence that atherosclerosis is not the main cause of heart attacks and strokes. Its more of an imbalance in heart metabolism and acidosis.

Look at strophantin.org also available in english.

Thank me later.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards

Cholesterine profile is not that important for arterial health as most of us think and docs and pharm industry tell us. Thats the reason why statins do more harm than good. The biggest impact on atherosclerosis in fact is given by lipoprotein a which is mainly determined by genetics but its influence can be controlled by a vit c/lysine/proline combo. Google pauling therapy.anabolics even lower the bad lipoprotein a.

Then there is very strong evidence that atherosclerosis is not the main cause of heart attacks and strokes. Its more of an imbalance in heart metabolism and acidosis.

Thank me later.
That's the whole reason Antaeus Labs changed there there cycle support from an overall BP supp to protecting lipoproteins they were way ahead of the curve.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards

Thank me later.
That's the whole reason Antaeus Labs changed there there cycle support from an overall BP supp to protecting lipoproteins they were way ahead of the curve.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont get me wrong atherosclerosis is bad for the body but from pathology we know that it is not that easy correlation clumped arteries=heart attack. Our body is very complex and we constantly have to learn and research

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And i hope there is no one here who self prescribes statins to improve his lipid profile while on cycle. Very bad idea. Especially as muscle pain is one of their main sides

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Dont get me wrong atherosclerosis is bad for the body but from pathology we know that it is not that easy correlation clumped arteries=heart attack. Our body is very complex and we constantly have to learn and research
I wouldn't even touch a statin.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm already dead.
image.jpeg

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh dang, this was interesting. Unfortunately I never did run lgd, I purchased a bunch, but sold it all as I was then running test.
Wonder how it’s doses now? 🤔

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh dang, this was interesting. Unfortunately I never did run lgd, I purchased a bunch, but sold it all as I was then running test.
Wonder how it’s doses now? 🤔
LOL.
I was reading this thread as though it were new.

So they gave the primates dosages equivalent of up to 8 grams a day for humans? Wow.

I'd really like to see that hip fracture study.

Last edited: